Fsj riders in Arizona

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

Curly

Re: Fsj riders in Arizona

Post by Curly »

jsinajeep wrote:If you need a Jeep [Wagoneer] PM me. :D
PM Sent

Curly
I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
77 Cherokee S 360/Auto/QT
97 Jeep Wrangler

will e

Post by will e »

Sorry Curly, that was a jab at my friend Gumby. I know he has a jeep, I have even wheel'd with him a few times. :)

Actually, he may have two FSJ's....

I only have one...
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Curly, this what Tad meant :-bd Will E is correct.... I do now have two :fsj:
    1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
    2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
    1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

jays jeep

Post by jays jeep »

north Phoenix here also. Work keeps me pretty busy along with all of my Jeep restorations. Hoping to start getting more active. But always up for helping on a build or swapping info. Have a 85 J-10 and an original 78 Cherokee Chief

mwood

Post by mwood »

Hello, I just joined the forum and my Jeep is a couple months or so from being road ready.
    I am in Payson just north about 90 miles from Phoenix.

will e

Post by will e »

Hey, welcome to the club! The AZ folks are a good group. Hopefully we can hook up and wheel sometime. Also watch for 'Thanksgiving in the desert'. It's an annual campout we do.
    82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

jaber
    Vendor

Post by jaber »

Welcome...
    Jeff

'46 cj3a
    '51 Willys p/u
    '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
    '74 CJ5
    '75 J-20 Wrecker
    '75 J-20 Cummins service truck
    '77 J-10 p/u
    '79 Cherokee
    '88 Grand Wagoneer
    http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

Curly

Post by Curly »

I guess I never posted up that I finally found a FSJ. I bought a 77 Chief out of Prescott last month. It made the drive home to the Verde valley just fine. I've been fixing lots of little things on it, steering leaks, fuel tank vent vapor leaks, brakes etc.

Curly
    I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
    97 Jeep Wrangler

mwood

Post by mwood »

flawlessfailure wrote:I will check that out, while you are in here, does anyone have a swing away tire carrier on any of your jeeps? Once mine is going, that's one of the first things I want to do to mine, and I'm not sure to buy or build

I have one on mine, don't know if it was bought or built...... It's nice though.

Her's pictures of the piece of crap I just bought and am fixing up....

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

That's not a piece of scrap. Did you drive it when you bought it?
    1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
    2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
    1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

mwood

Post by mwood »

Yeah drove it home and it runs great, the drive train is very good. The main issue is the body rot. Need some quarter panels and rocker panels.

az chip

Post by az chip »

Curly wrote:I guess I never posted up that I finally found a FSJ. I bought a 77 Chief out of Prescott last month. It made the drive home to the Verde valley just fine. I've been fixing lots of little things on it, steering leaks, fuel tank vent vapor leaks, brakes etc.

Curly
    Post up some pics curly. Like to a
    See it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

mwood wrote:
    flawlessfailure wrote:I will check that out, while you are in here, does anyone have a swing away tire carrier on any of your jeeps? Once mine is going, that's one of the first things I want to do to mine, and I'm not sure to buy or build
    That is OLD SCHOOL COOL!
    The Warn front winch bumper, and the Valley tire/fuel carrier in the back are WAY COOL!

I have the same tire carrier on my waggy. I actually looked for one of those for a long time before I got mine installed.
    If God is your co-pilot, you need to switch seats!

Curly

Post by Curly »

AzChip,
    These are the only pics I have at the moment. I'm halfway through the job of replacing the timing chain and fixing leaks.
    These are from the day I brought it home. No external changes .....yet. :D

I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
    97 Jeep Wrangler

az chip

Post by az chip »

Looks nice. I like the color. How is the interior?
    '81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Curly

Post by Curly »

Interior is ok. Headliner in good shape, carpet dirty but intact. Someone replaced the factory seats with some very uncomfortable racing seats. Drivers side has a broken frame and is held together with a ratchet strap. I will be picking up a front seat from a wagoneer to replace them. I'll be replacing the carpet when I redo the seats.

Curly
    I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
    97 Jeep Wrangler

mwood

Post by mwood »

Nice looking ride Curly, I need to get my rear bumper re-chromed and sure would LOVE to find a stock front bumper. Would much rather have a stock chromed front bumper than the winch bumper that's on it, just can't afford one due to fixed income and disability. I'll always be on the look out for a cheap one....lol (like that exists somewhere)

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

mwood wrote:Nice looking ride Curly, I need to get my rear bumper re-chromed and sure would LOVE to find a stock front bumper. Would much rather have a stock chromed front bumper than the winch bumper that's on it, just can't afford one due to fixed income and disability. I'll always be on the look out for a cheap one....lol (like that exists somewhere)
    Wanna trade?

You know that front bumper would look cool again if you took off that push bar?

The tire carrier on the back was built by a company in CO back in the 70's. Their name was K Line MFG. I have the same thing on my Wagoneer.
    The only thing about them is you need to strengthen the quarter panels on the inside. I just cut out some 1/8" plate and drilled it to the bolt holes. I also modified it a bit for a 31" tire.
    If God is your co-pilot, you need to switch seats!

rstep

Post by rstep »

Had a chance to meet up with Curly today . was great meeting you hopefully we see you at TitD in 2 weeks.
    1977 Cherokee Sold
    I Don't own One
    Stuff I Make.
    http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

will e

Post by will e »

That would be cool!