The Ted thread...

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.
KJ Ryu

Re: The Ted thread...

Postby KJ Ryu » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:33 am

Now ya got me curious. Is he on lostjeeps or jeepkj? (forums, like this one) I may know him on there, if so. Well, "know" as well as I know any of you, I guess. :mrgreen:
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ

Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

derf

Postby derf » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:00 am

KJ Ryu wrote:Now ya got me curious. Is he on lostjeeps or jeepkj? (forums, like this one) I may know him on there, if so. Well, "know" as well as I know any of you, I guess. :mrgreen:

Possibly. He's active in the Liberty community though I don't know what forums and groups he's in.

His wife drives a black CRD that is at about 200K miles and I'm sure I'll be over there helping with the timing belt and head work.

His other one is lifted on 32s with ARB lockers front and rear. The front diff is an upgraded housing but I forget who makes it. ARB bull bar with a winch in the front as well. He and his wife call it "Grumpy".

KJ Ryu

Postby KJ Ryu » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:11 pm

"Jeepin' by Al" makes the steel diff housing. The Jeeps seem familiar.
Ron

2005 KJ, Hit-n-Run, 2am 6-17-2012, Totaled. :mad:
1977 SJ J10, 4v360, T18, D20, 37x14s, SOA & SF on tons, still ugly.
1978 SJ Wagoneer, 4v360, QT, 33x12.5s, lift by Sawzall :-bd NOT Running :(
1977 SJ J10, SniperEFI 401, QT, D44s, 31X10.5s :fsj:
2006 KJ

Mars wrote:One man's trans leak is another's penetrating oil :D

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:32 am

Since we started looking for a replacement car for the wife, things got interesting. Wife found a used 2014 grand Cherokee with very low miles and fully loaded. 3.6 motor.it was posted on a dealership website and had a price we could actually afford. So the wife contacts the sales people and starts the ball rolling. She already had a pre-approval for the loan so it should have been easy. Salesman does his stuff, gets our information, etc. A few hours into it the wife gets a message from the online sales people saying the Jeep wasn't available. Huh?
She asks the salesman and he says they don't know what they are talking about....it's in the lot.
Ok, continue on. They run both our credit and we are waiting for final approval and information for getting the Jeep.
Then we stop hearing from the guy. Message... message....email... No reply.
Then he comes back and says "oops, sorry. The Jeep is in the shop being fixed so it's not for sale. At the same time my wife sees the same Jeep ad on the website has updated and it is suddenly $10k more!!
But by now we've already taken the "hit" by way of a credit inquiry and have approval for a Jeep they will now not sell at the original listed price.
Guy offers her a "deal" on a Hyundai Santa Fe.
Seriously!?!
WTF!?!
So we are trying to find something else through that same dealer and actually found a few more grand Cherokees. But now, amazingly, the salesman isn't replying at all. Going to have to get the GM involved I suppose. He already contacted us previously to apologise for the "mix up".
Never thought buying a Jeep would be such a pita.

And to add to the troubles... I was weed eating last night and accidentally chucked a rock through the sliding glass door.

SJTD

Postby SJTD » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:06 pm

I'd cross that dealer off my list of approved vendors.

If he'd just said oops, it was advertised incorrectly I might let them slide but this smells like a bait and switch.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:59 pm

SJTD wrote:I'd cross that dealer off my list of approved vendors.

If he'd just said oops, it was advertised incorrectly I might let them slide but this smells like a bait and switch.

I think they honestly just screwed up and someone priced it wrong and posted the advert. Why not just admit it and be honest.
I would be happy to let it drop and move along except they ran out credit. I hate taking that hit as an inquiry for nothing.
Then we have a salesman who has become less than motivated. We pulled a stock number from one of their dealerships and told him let's try that one. That was around noon. It's now about 1900 and haven't heard a peep. I think I'll contact the GM tomorrow and see if he's willing to be honorable and do something. Otherwise we can only take the hit on the credit app, wife can climb on the social media parade, maybe report them to the BBB...
All because they don't want to be honest and treat a customer with some basic business respect.

SJTD

Postby SJTD » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:11 pm

I've been fortunate and never had to worry about my credit. How much does that inquiry decrease your score?

Last car I bought was a lease return, handed him a check. They still proceeded to do a loan. Since it was a Sunday and they couldn't clear the check???

If it wasn't a somewhat rare manual trans that we had driven to San Diego from LA to buy I would've walked.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Nikkormat

Postby Nikkormat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:54 am

Congratulations on the land and a place to call your own Ted!! If I happen upon any good scrap lumber I’ll save it to bring down to you.

As for the little econo box, I can understand the desire to upgrade but I know lots of people up in Gilpin County who beat the piss out of small cars like that on washboard roads with no ill effect. Is the steering loosening up much?
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Return to “General Chat”