Roxor

Area for General NON-Jeep related chat. Topics are typically not moderated, but must fall within the Use Guidelines.

DustinLangston

Re: Roxor

Post by DustinLangston »

Finally, like minded people. When I bring this thing up on the Wrangler pages people are appalled. But on here everyone is as excited as me.
1982 Wagoneer Limited 5.3L Vortec 4L60E swap - finished/restored - sold - bought back - sold again
1979 Wagoneer 360 TH400 1339 QT - built into perfect daily driver - sold
1981 J10 Sportside Honcho - finished/restored - sold
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - 5.3L Vortec 6L80E swap - finished/restored - sold
1967 Super Wagoneer - sold, too much work
1978 J10 Golden Eagle - finished/restored - sold
1962 Rambler Classic Cross Country Wagon - current project, wife's daily driver - she'll never let me sell it

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

REDONE wrote:Well, this sucks. FCA is suing to stop the Roxor.
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/08/07/ ... clone.html

Regardless of my personal view of the Roxor, unless Jeep has plans to reintroduce a CJ as a $15K UTV, I think Mahindra deserves to succeed or fail on their own merit. :x
Don't see how. They (Mahindra) have the rights. Period. Regardless, I just seen a youtube clip of a reflashed one. No more 45mph restriction.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

dodgerammit wrote:
Don't see how. They (Mahindra) have the rights. Period. Regardless, I just seen a youtube clip of a reflashed one. No more 45mph restriction.
I read all you have to do is unplug the speedo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the market for a new FSJ

DustinLangston

Post by DustinLangston »

You are correct. I just got the opportunity to check one of these out this weekend. Drove right past my house. I'm in love. And he did just unplug the speedometer and it goes freeway speeds easily.
Shagoneer wrote:
dodgerammit wrote:
I read all you have to do is unplug the speedo

1982 Wagoneer Limited 5.3L Vortec 4L60E swap - finished/restored - sold - bought back - sold again
1979 Wagoneer 360 TH400 1339 QT - built into perfect daily driver - sold
1981 J10 Sportside Honcho - finished/restored - sold
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - 5.3L Vortec 6L80E swap - finished/restored - sold
1967 Super Wagoneer - sold, too much work
1978 J10 Golden Eagle - finished/restored - sold
1962 Rambler Classic Cross Country Wagon - current project, wife's daily driver - she'll never let me sell it

XSapper

Post by XSapper »

Regardless of my personal view of the Roxor, unless Jeep has plans to reintroduce a CJ as a $15K UTV, I think Mahindra deserves to succeed or fail on their own merit. :x
I agree they are building something Jeep no longer builds

Topic author
Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

I mean if you wanted your speedo to work and a bit more power you could have it done the right way, but I’m cheap and would rather unplug the speedo and download a cheap app.

I also read how the shops get around the governor. They don’t actually delete it, they just change it to a number that you will never reach. Apparently a lot of them just put a 1 infront of the number, so instead of 45 it’s 145.

I’m hoping mahindra wins the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote][/quote]

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

Got to see the Roxor(FINALLY!) in person at a dealer in Great Falls, MT. Freaking awesome!
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

I'm hopeful that FCA will loose the case. The Roxor doesn't directly compete and the Jeep "Trademark" is the grill (7 slots). I think FCA is attacking Mahindra for the Roxor grill being the same shape as a classic CJ grill but that's not much of a leg for this lawsuit to stand on.

FWIW Mahindra has had a lisence to produce Jeep derivatives since long before FCA was around. 1953 to be exact!
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

Nikkormat wrote:
FWIW Mahindra has had a lisence to produce Jeep derivatives since long before FCA was around. 1953 to be exact!
Exactly. FCA is overstepping their bounds IMO. I hope the judge tells them to pound sand.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

The court case "SHOULD" be mahindra walking in, handing the judge the license agreement, dropping the mic, and walking out.
However FCA has more money to buy lawyers and judges, so we'll see what happens.

On a side note, I found a company called "dirtlegal" which will get you a street title for a roxor, and a couple other companies will sell you a kit to activate the turn signals mahindra hid under rear trim pieces

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Topic author
Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

The court case "SHOULD" be mahindra walking in, handing the judge the license agreement, dropping the mic, and walking out.
However FCA has more money to buy lawyers and judges, so we'll see what happens.

On a side note, I found a company called "dirtlegal" which will get you a street title for a roxor, and a couple other companies will sell you a kit to activate the turn signals mahindra hid under rear trim pieces

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Shame on FEEP! SHAME! They walked away from JEEP-jeeps when they left the TJ. While they sell pretty much every JK/JL they make, they abandoned the "affordable, utilitarian jeeps".
Mahindra filled a void and offered a possible good product.
FEEP is lashing bout in fear of their profit margins.
Don't like it? Build us something as good that people without a platinum card can afford. Otherwise,drop the lawsuit and suck it.
Shame!

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Shame on FEEP! SHAME! They walked away from JEEP-jeeps when they left the TJ. While they sell pretty much every JK/JL they make, they abandoned the "affordable, utilitarian jeeps".
Mahindra filled a void and offered a possible good product.
FEEP is lashing bout in fear of their profit margins.
Don't like it? Build us something as good that people without a platinum card can afford. Otherwise,drop the lawsuit and suck it.
Shame!
The price of Wranglers hasn’t actually changed.

1997 Wrangler Sport has a starting MSRP of $17,940. In today’s money that is $27,885.

2019 Wrangler 2dr Sport starting MSRP is $27,945.

That’s about as identical as you can get. Sure you can get Wranglers priced up to $55k. But that’s a fully loaded 4dr Rubicon, which didn’t exist back in ‘97.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Shagoneer

Post by Shagoneer »

I keep dreaming that I'll be able to afford the diesel wrangler but then I remember that I'll have to wait a decade and get one used

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

It's ok, I need more than a few promotions before I can afford the expected price tag on the new Grand Wag, provided it eventually gets built. But a man can dream!
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.