Eastwood Contour SCT paint stripper

This is a place to share about tools and workspaces

Topic author
Driftwood

Eastwood Contour SCT paint stripper

Post by Driftwood »

Does anyone have this tool, Eastwood's Contour SCT paint stripper? I may have to buy one for my self.

I linked the demonstration video to start at minute 6:20. https://youtu.be/5H5wqWr-P6c?t=6m18s

A link to various google images of the Eastwood Contour SCT.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Eastwoo ... 20&bih=949
1979 Wagoneer

SJTD

Re: Eastwood Contour SCT paint stripper

Post by SJTD »

How much do the wheels cost and how long do they last?
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

How much do the wheels cost and how long do they last?
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Big Dan

Post by Big Dan »

In my experience, the wheels have lasted as long as any normal flap disc. Its a cool tool to have, as it can reach some spots easier than an angle grinder..but I dont think its worth the 200 plus 50 for every wheel. YMMV.

EDIT - just saw how old this was.. woops. Hopefully it helps somebody.
1989 Jeep MJ - 4.0, AX15 and C8.25 swapped in, 31x10.50
1997 Jeep TJ - 4.0, AX15, 33x12.50

Topic author
Driftwood

Post by Driftwood »

I still haven't bought one yet.
1979 Wagoneer

Mreuther12

Post by Mreuther12 »

I just picked one up, Eastwood is running some pre Black Friday deals right now. It should be delivered by the end of the week. As for the drums, I picked up some from Amazon for half of what Eastwood wanted.

I will give an update on how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 Wagoneer
- Buick 350 Dauntless V8, TA Performance Stage 1 Intake, Holley Sniper, Holley Hyperspark, Electric Fan, Aluminum Radiator
- 76 J10 D44 w/ OX Lockers Front & Rear

WT Conversion in progress...

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I like it. I wonder if it could be used in conjunction with chemical strippers? Would the SCT be used to finish up after the Chemical Stripper or use the Chem' for the final cleanup after the SCT?

Mreuther12

Post by Mreuther12 »

rocklaurence wrote:I like it. I wonder if it could be used in conjunction with chemical strippers? Would the SCT be used to finish up after the Chemical Stripper or use the Chem' for the final cleanup after the SCT?
I’m sure it could, but do you think it would the stripper would gum up the drums? All the videos I have seen on YouTube guys are going paint to bare metal fairly quickly with just the SCT.

1970 Wagoneer
- Buick 350 Dauntless V8, TA Performance Stage 1 Intake, Holley Sniper, Holley Hyperspark, Electric Fan, Aluminum Radiator

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I’m sure it could, but do you think it would the stripper would gum up the drums? All the videos I have seen on YouTube guys are going paint to bare metal fairly quickly with just the SCT.

[/quote]

The chemical stripper evaporates really quickly and shouldnt Gum-up the drum [thats always been my issues is that I cant keep the stripper wet enough to remove the paint]. The stripper could be used to clean the seams and cracks that the SCT cant reach.

Mreuther12

Post by Mreuther12 »

I got to test out the SCT on my fender. I got to bare metal very quickly. Took me less than 30 seconds with the 40 grit barrel. I am interested to see how quickly I will be able to get through an entire body panel.

1970 Wagoneer