Jump pack with an air compressor?

This is a place to share about tools and workspaces

Topic author
REDONE

Jump pack with an air compressor?

Post by REDONE »

We do secret santa Christmas gifts in my in-laws family and I drew my father in law again, and he wants a portable air compressor. He's a professional ref for the US water polo assn in his retirement and he wants it for inflating water polo balls. I know him well enough to know that he's a rescue junky. He's retired because he was a career firefighter and had a building collapse on him. He can spot someone in need of help like he's got some kind of sixth sense for it. It makes sense to me that a jump pack with a built in air compressor would serve him better.

So what jump pack with built in air do you guys use, how do you like it, and where did you get it? I had ordered a DeWalt one through Amazon, but they lost it so I cancelled the order and now I'm looking for one local so I can take it to him when I drive to Oregon Monday.

Does the one you have charge off the car or only off 110? Can the compressor run off the internal battery or does it have to plug in to the car? Any experience or info is appreciated!
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Nikkormat

Re: Jump pack with an air compressor?

Post by Nikkormat »

At the tow company we use JNCAir packs. They are very reliable, I haven't seen a dead one yet. But they are pricey at around $200 and it's a big bulky piece of hardware.

http://www.cloreautomotive.com/sku.php?id=245

I have no experience with the dewalt, but it looks halfway decent and unless it's full of filler the 35 pound weight should mean it's packing a decent battery. Looks like they are available in store at dome depot so you could pick one up in oregon: https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1400 ... /300385259
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Coreyw454

Re: Jump pack with an air compressor?

Post by Coreyw454 »

Costco carries one. My buddy has it. Seems to work well.