Thanksgiving in the Desert UPDATED

FSJ Related Events in the Mountain Time Zone

Gumby

Re: Thanksgiving in the Desert UPDATED

Post by Gumby »

will e wrote:Well, I can't believe it but I am dropping my rig off on Monday to have some work done... If it is not ready I will just come on down with the sportrac.

I lost the parking brake when I swapped axles, the disc brake conversion doesn't support a parking brake option. I am having Knuckle Busters do a transfer case parking brake along with a hand operated lever. We will see if it takes them a week. ;)

At least it's not Ouray :-bd
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

Those are called rocks.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Curly

Post by Curly »

rstep wrote:Glad to see you and Devon are coming Curly Take a look at the list . I think we still don't have any type of veggy's yet.

Ok, We will bring some kind of Veggie.

Curly
I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
77 Cherokee S 360/Auto/QT
97 Jeep Wrangler

78 Arizona Chief

Post by 78 Arizona Chief »

Alrighty then, tomorrow is my own personal 'wrench-o-thon'. I am dang hopeful I will get the Old Chief ready for next weekend. Looks to be a colder one so I may drag the camper for my old butt.

With that in mind, what would y'all like me to bring? My wife is awesome at deserts, as well as 'clean' organic homemade breads. What else on the list is missing? Let me know what ya think.

I will post on Sunday with an Old Chief update. Wish me luck!
Kevin, Kristen, Cayden and Ryan... Chief and TJ (dogs) might come too.
1978 Cherokee Chief: Parents bought new. 360/TH400/NOS Quadratrac, 44's/ARB's/4.10's, SOA, Shackle Flip, Alcan Springs, FOX 2.0's, 35" BFG KM2s, custom bumpers, 324,000 miles and counting...

Topic author
rstep

Post by rstep »

Kevin, Good luck tomorrow. Kristen can make either one let her decide. it taste great either way.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

I'm going on the maybe list. Lost my job little over a week ago and it's really messed up my schedule. Will keep you all posted. Just didn't want to drop it as a surprise later.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

will e

Post by will e »

AH man, I am sorry to hear that. I always thought you were self employed with the computer repair/build stuff.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Look like my computer repair cost is going up. LOL

Locked and Loaded

Post by Locked and Loaded »

Beans anyone?
Drink more Water

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

Locked and Loaded wrote:Beans anyone?
Why yes, the more music the better.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Topic author
rstep

Post by rstep »

Jeff ,beans are great with turkey. I'll be there just for the beans.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

Locked and Loaded

Post by Locked and Loaded »

I'll be there and bringing beans. Don't know yet about Shauna. Either way I will NOT be camping this year.
Last edited by Locked and Loaded on Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drink more Water

Curly

Post by Curly »

Still coming, bringing the travel trailer instead of the TJ, Chief isn't ready yet. Bob, I hope you are right about clearance. :o

Curly
I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
77 Cherokee S 360/Auto/QT
97 Jeep Wrangler

78 Arizona Chief

So it looks like the WOT was a sucess. Gonna drive it this week to verify. Looks like we are coming. Since the weather looks warmer than originally thought, we will probably tent it. Kristen is planning to make a Cherry/Apple Pie from America's Test Kitchen site, as well as a couple loafs of homemade bread. We are planning on bringing our pups too so I will drag out the little army trailer. Do I need to bring anything else?
Kevin
1978 Cherokee Chief: Parents bought new. 360/TH400/NOS Quadratrac, 44's/ARB's/4.10's, SOA, Shackle Flip, Alcan Springs, FOX 2.0's, 35" BFG KM2s, custom bumpers, 324,000 miles and counting...

motcat

Post by motcat »

I'm still tentative, will try and not wait until the last minute to commit. Been wrenching on the beast every spare moment. It actually runs pretty good. Need to fix a tranny leak, get tires and registration.

Does this campsite need 4 wheel drive to get to? Replaced all the Quadratrac vacuum lines but still won't engage 4 wheel drive, probably the diaphragm, but no time to tear into that before the trip. I have reasonable clearance just no 4 wheel drive.

I also need the gas tank filler neck welded - Any welder recommendations in the SE valley that can turn the job around before Thr/Fri?

:Thanks - JR
- John (aka JR)
78 Chief Dad bought new in Kenosha WI, 401, RV cam, Part time kit, Edelbrock+Holly 600, DUI, 3" Rancho, Skyjackers, Crossflow rad, Rust, rust, rust
78 J10 Bob's (Becca's) old J-Truck, Tired 360, Tired TH400, Tired QT, Just really tired, but keeps on runnin

will e

Post by will e »

Hey JR, no need for 4wd.

If you bring that bad boy out I bet some of the QT folks will take a look at it for ya.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

will e

Post by will e »

Kevin, I am happy you might be able to make it out!

78 Arizona Chief

JR,
bring her out and the QT doctor will take a look at her. I'll bring a vacuum pump to test it. As for the fuel tank deal, is it the neck on the tank itself or the filler tube mounted on the body? There is a fuel tank place on Washington St. in Phoenix near 4 Wheeler's Supply, north side of the street.
Kevin

motcat

Post by motcat »

Kevin - While the jeep was out of my possession, someone made a custom tank and I think used a GMC filler tube. In the picture, you can see rust around a very bad weld job. I think if I can grind this down/off and have it re-welded, it should seal up. if possible I'd like to just pull off the neck and take it to a welder. Otherwise I could take it to the place you mentioned if there's time.

:JR
- John (aka JR)
78 Chief Dad bought new in Kenosha WI, 401, RV cam, Part time kit, Edelbrock+Holly 600, DUI, 3" Rancho, Skyjackers, Crossflow rad, Rust, rust, rust
78 J10 Bob's (Becca's) old J-Truck, Tired 360, Tired TH400, Tired QT, Just really tired, but keeps on runnin

motcat

Post by motcat »

Oops, the picture.

- John (aka JR)