Thanksgiving in the Desert UPDATED

FSJ Related Events in the Mountain Time Zone

Topic author
rstep

Thanksgiving in the Desert UPDATED

Post by rstep »

Well I guess it's time to get a post going for this.
Date - November 21 .2015
Florence ,Az. meeting up at the McDonalds at 9am.
Will be heading out Florence/kelvin hwy to the camping site.
Speak up with if you plan to be there and what you would like to bring as far as food goes.
Tad - Gravy
Mike - Snacks
Jerry - paper plates, plastic silver ware , napkins for anybody that coming that need help of any kind you can call me 602 290 3986 [Jerry] +1
Bob -Turkey ,ham and stuffing
Az Chip
Casey + 1 dinner rolls ,veggie's and potato's
Nancy - pie somethings
Jim +1
Stephan Enchilada's +3
Emily and Jenni
Tom and Frank are coming
Motcat +1 Potato cheesy, veggie tray
Kevin Bread or Pie +3
Curly +1
Jeff beans
Derick
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

Tad
Vendor

Re: Thanksgiving in the Desert

Post by Tad »

It's all going to depend on available cash this year.
If I can swing it I will bring the firewood, QBQue and deal with the gravy again.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

I will be there and bring what ever you need that no one else bring.

will e

Post by will e »

I am in. I will make some snacks before the big event. I love this event!
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

will e

Post by will e »

bump!
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

I'm planning on coming! Will probably be just me and the boys, but that means we could bring the jeep this year. It needs to get out in a bad way. I can bring anything...maybe mashed potatoes in dutch ovens this time?
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

will e

Post by will e »

Bump! Is it safe to assume Flint and Krista will be there?

Where is everyone else? Less than a month to go....

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Last I heard they will not make it this year. They had spent a lot of time coming down here and going back with Krista
operations. But they are still more than welcome if they can.

az chip

Post by az chip »

My Cherokee is in pieces and not licensed. Probably will not be ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

will e

Post by will e »

Thanks for the update Jerry, I am praying for them and secondary hoping they can make their annual trip. Good thoughts to ya!

AZchip, there is no requirement to show up in a FSJ. It's more about hanging out with friends.

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Yes AZchip, we would be happy for you to join us this year. And you will get to meet a bunch of good Jeeper.

az chip

Post by az chip »

Where do we go? How long do we stay? What is usually brought? What should I bring? Do I need to borrow a Jeep from Jerry?
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
rstep

Re: Thanksgiving in the Desert UPDATED

Post by rstep »

Azchip we usually meet up at McDonalds in Florence and then head out to the wash we hold this in. The area can hold 20 + rigs and is easy to get in and out of with about any type of car, truck camper. We stay until Sunday sometime. As to what to bring it's a Thanksgiving dinner out in the desert so what to bring goes along with that.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.

firecaptain13

Post by firecaptain13 »

I will do my usual rolls. The small oven will be there too. Probably bring some good snack stuff too
88 GW, 5 1/2" lift, Barn Doors!!

will e

Post by will e »

Sweet Casey!

Hey everyone, I could use a door handle (inside) mine is stripped. Also need the spacer for the alternator like the one in the alternator thread going on right now.

Topic author
rstep

Post by rstep »

Have a handle for you Mike ,I'll check on a spacer .
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.

will e

Post by will e »

Thanks Bob! I see you added a few more names. Is there a FB page or something too?

It's sad we won't get any out of towners this year. But there is always next year! Hopefully Flint/Krista can make it, Dusty will have her jeep running and Heimy will make the trip out.

Has anyone reached out to Tom Gwinn? Also, I will call Kevin and Derek this week and see if they plan on showing up.

3upadventures

Post by 3upadventures »

Hey! This out of towner just might be able to make it. I was going to be up in the wayyyy opposite corner of the state but I don't REALLY have any specific plans. There's mountains to climb down in the SE corner too. :-)
1998 Cherokee "Ruth"
1977 Cherokee "Francis" [Sold]

[url=http://3upadventures.com!]3UpAdventures.com[/url]: Outdoor adventure, travel, simple living, and a big ol' jeep.

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

Sorry I won't be in on this trip. I will be on a darn plane that morning, eat for me.... Will be back to get on a trail with you guys this season.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

Topic author
rstep

Post by rstep »

Mike we will have out of towners ,just not the same out of towners.. it would be great if you can let Kevin know. Jamie will chime in late I'm sure.
We also heard from Ralph ,he won't be in this year but will be down this way in January. Tom got an invite from face book hopefully he lets Frank know.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.