Wheeling once a month? Let's go!

FSJ Related Events in the Mountain Time Zone

Tad
Vendor

Re: Wheeling once a month? Let's go!

Post by Tad »

will e wrote:I forgot that the AZVJC has a annual run going on that weekend...They are leaving the Gold Canyon gas station at 9am and they will head through box canyon from the Price road side.
I have no problem with being at Price Rd. at 8:30 and staying in front of them.
They will be slow anyway so we should be fine.
surfwagoneer wrote:So I think the rest of us are going to need to see some monthly wheeling pictures as proof :-bd :fsj:
This be the second trip out for me and Jerry this month.
I intend to burn as much fuel as I can while prices are low :D
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

TUDrewser wrote:
will e wrote:We can either go in cottonwood and avoid box canyon completely or head in via price and do box. Either way we can take 'sandman' back out to price road, it bypasses box canyon and exits where the Elvis turn off from Box canyon is. Drew, Jerry and anyone else who wants to can head out price road (the azvjc group will have already passed) and the rest of us can head up Elvis.

I am leaning on going in Box canyon. That way we are 'ahead' of the group and there is less chance we will meet them on the trail going in the opposite direction.
Does that involve going up the waterfall I went down last time?
Yes sir. But don't worry, we will have someone other than 'Old One Eye' spot ya. ;)
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Locked and Loaded

Post by Locked and Loaded »

The club I'm going with is meeting at the McDonalds at 7 am. About 20 rigs. It'd gonna be a busy day.
Drink more Water

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

Locked and Loaded wrote:The club I'm going with is meeting at the McDonalds at 7 am. About 20 rigs. It'd gonna be a busy day.
Too bad for them.

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

will e wrote:
TUDrewser wrote:
will e wrote:We can either go in cottonwood and avoid box canyon completely or head in via price and do box. Either way we can take 'sandman' back out to price road, it bypasses box canyon and exits where the Elvis turn off from Box canyon is. Drew, Jerry and anyone else who wants to can head out price road (the azvjc group will have already passed) and the rest of us can head up Elvis.

I am leaning on going in Box canyon. That way we are 'ahead' of the group and there is less chance we will meet them on the trail going in the opposite direction.
Does that involve going up the waterfall I went down last time?
Yes sir. But don't worry, we will have someone other than 'Old One Eye' spot ya. ;)
I'm not worried about the marks, just worried I won't make it up without lockers...thoughts?
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

No Problema. I did it in a stock waggy with street tires and no lift. You will have fun and, if necessary, we can tug you up but I think you will be happy at how it does and how you have progressed in your abilities.

Jeff, who are you going with? What's wrong with 'us'? :)

Tad, I am still planning on camping. If my buddy with the new jeep joins us (and I think he will) you will be happy with the food fest. ;)
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Locked and Loaded

Post by Locked and Loaded »

Going with the East Valley 4X4 club. We are doing the Coke Ovens trail. You guys are great. But Elvis is to much for my J10. It's good to have the big boys play without us little people slowing you down. Have fun and take pics. Who knows. Maybe I will see you out there.
Drink more Water

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

will e wrote:...Tad, I am still planning on camping. If my buddy with the new jeep joins us (and I think he will) you will be happy with the food fest. ;)
We have never come close to starving :mrgreen:

Let's nail down a time and location.
I will be in Florence a little earlier for breakfast.

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

The winter blues wishes I could go. Y'all have a great time and be safe.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Josh d

Post by Josh d »

Tad wrote: Let's nail down a time and location.
I will be in Florence a little earlier for breakfast.
Where and what time will you be there for breakfast? I'll meet you there and have breakfast with ya!
'71 J2000
'95 YJ
'80 911

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

Josh d wrote:
Tad wrote: Where and what time will you be there for breakfast? I'll meet you there and have breakfast with ya!
http://www.oldpueblorestaurant.com
They are south of the Chevron and it's about 3-4 streets west to Main Street.
They open at 7am which cuts it close for an 8am meet up so I usually gas up and get to the restaurant right when they open

FSJeepers have been there several times.
Jerry is usually game for breakfast also.

I have not heard from Mikie so I will plan on eating at 7am there.
If we go in on Price it's plenty of time, if we are going in on Cottonwood its a stretch but still very doable.

Edit:
Just heard from Jerry, he is game.

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

I could totally go for breakfast.

Not sure about camping. I may have to do something on Sunday, I should know in a day or two. (work thing...)

My buddy isn't sure he can make it. I told him we were all going anyways. If I don't have to do my work thing on Sunday I might have him come out and meet us. Whom ever wants can stick around and do a couple of easy trails. My buddy has spent the last few months planning his rig and is all excited about getting it put together and finally getting it.

We'll see how it all goes. If nothing else we can all wheel on another day! Maybe I can get him to take it down to Tucson for an overnight camping trip. I can ride shotgun...

But for sure I am in for Saturday.

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

Ok, I'm out...sorry guys. My wife just found out she has to go out of town with her mom and it's pretty last minute. So wheeling won't work. Super bummed :(
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

will e wrote:I could totally go for breakfast.

Not sure about camping. I may have to do something on Sunday, I should know in a day or two. (work thing...)

My buddy isn't sure he can make it. I told him we were all going anyways. If I don't have to do my work thing on Sunday I might have him come out and meet us. Whom ever wants can stick around and do a couple of easy trails. My buddy has spent the last few months planning his rig and is all excited about getting it put together and finally getting it.

We'll see how it all goes. If nothing else we can all wheel on another day! Maybe I can get him to take it down to Tucson for an overnight camping trip. I can ride shotgun...

But for sure I am in for Saturday.
Figure it out and I'll be there but I'm not going to drive up for breakfast just to do a few easy trails, not go camping and drive all the way home.

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

I can't camp.

But we can do Elvis which is not an 'easy' trail :)

I can't go the next weekend and camp because it's my MIL birthday What about the following weekend the 7th and 8th?

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

I am good for breakfast, Elvis and then heading home.
Not sure if Jerry wants to do Elvis and would feel bad (for a little bit) if we leave him out, or Jerry could just grab an empty seat and help spot.
But I think doing it this Saturday would be great since we are really down to just 3-4 rigs at the most.

I am not good next weekend either, I will be in NM again.

I am good for the 7-8th, that might give Drew, Bob and Jeff some time to plan.
We could just stick with easy moderate stuff and camp if the weather holds like this.
And possibly a splinter group could grab some spare seats for a short harder trail in the afternoon also.

I am not good for the 14th for obvious reasons.

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Josh d

Post by Josh d »

I'm still in for breakfast and whatever trails. Not able to camp either, but I have no time restrictions if we choose to do more than one difficult trail. Whats the hardest trail you've done out there (Mike and Tad)? Ever done H2H?
'71 J2000
'95 YJ
'80 911

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

This will be the hardest trail I have ever done period, I think.
I don't really have a time limit either but would like to be back in Tucson before dark if possible.
My night vision is not what it was even 5-6 years ago.

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Josh d

Post by Josh d »

I hear you on the vision thing. I had to start using reading glasses about a year ago.

I've never done Elvis, so I don't have a comparable. As I understand it is not as hard as H2H (which I've done several times) or Axle Alley. Maybe comparable to Upper Woodpecker?

Tad, I thought you have been doing the hard stuff in 'Cruces for awhile?
'71 J2000
'95 YJ
'80 911

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

I have only had the jeep in 'Cruces 3 times, one recon with Michael and then twice more.
I'm still not locked in the front so I'm not out there climbing 4 foot ledges or anything.

I've watched about 2 hours of Elvis videos, I figure there are some obstacles I may have fight my way through.
I'm not too worried about it with the lower gears.
If I can get the belly skid on before Saturday I'll be even less concerned.
I've pretty much given up on what it looks like thing anymore.
If we ever get back to 'Cruces it will be on a trailer, anything over 100 miles is pretty annoying these days.

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project