Car Show Season

FSJ Related Events in the Mountain Time Zone

Topic author
razorgrill

Car Show Season

Post by razorgrill »

Do any of you ever enter your rigs into car shows, as a group, or individually?

I ask because I kinda got pushed into entering the Jeep-A-Saurus-Rex amidst a boat load of Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari, handful of American Muscle. Maybe a Viper or two. Then... there will be my Jeep. Like a sore thumb. It's for the DM-50 here on base for the annual DM-50 gathering of the masses.

But it kinda made me wonder if any of the Mountain Chapters enter car shows?
Matt N.

1978 Jeep Cherokee S (Fully Documented)

2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (Sold) (Lowered 3" R 2" F, K&N Intake, Header Back Alien Head II Exhaust, TRE Mod, Power Commander w/ Race Map, VP Race Fuel)

2013 Nissan Maxima (1 Owner, New Car Smell)

And When He Gets To Heaven, To St. Peter He Will Tell; One More Soldier Reporting Sir, I've Served My Time In Hell.
D-Day - June 6, 1944

FSJ Guy

Re: Car Show Season

Post by FSJ Guy »

I've been told I should start going to shows, now that I have a Jeep that looks halfway decent.... LOL! I might. We'll see... Still seems weird washing and WAXING my Jeep, though.
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

ghcoe

Post by ghcoe »

We have a non organized show here. Just bring your old rig and find a spot on Saturday or Sunday night. Always lots of old iron there. I have been thinking of taking my Jeep some night and see if it can draw a crowd. Most likely it will since people seem to always like the odd ball out. :-bd
SW Idaho Overlanding Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SWIdahoOverlan ... page_panel
SW Idaho Overlanding Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuRx2 ... wVwZJ5oztg
1977 Jeep Cherokee WT
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
Safari Kit
Factory Brush Guard
Factory Tire Carrier
Custom Roof Rack

nc wagoneer

Post by nc wagoneer »

At the county fair they have an ugliest truck contest, if I get the j20 running before then I'll probably enter just for kicks. Then at the mud bog there is a car show and if you have a vehicle over 25 years old you can "enter" it for free, and you get a discount on tickets.

Sent from my Motorola Moto X
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
"old blue" 79 waggy-sitting in Jake's full size jeep junkyard, traded for j20 parts
Also:
1986 Isuzu Trooper Factory Diesel/5 Speed
1999 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 (weekend toy)
1984 GMC Suburban K10 6.2 Diesel/700r4/np208
Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
"Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial"

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

Theres a large hot rod group here and every 1st or 2nd Friday of the warm months they get together in the local McD's. Its a free for all, anyone can show and its free. I have taken a couple down, but its hard to compete when I just dont have that kinda cash for my ride. Most of these guys are Californians that sold their Ca, house for enough money to be set for life... :roll:
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

Bostonbob

Post by Bostonbob »

I took my 66 J truck to the Golden cruise last may or june . The truck drew more attention than I ever expected , and the next month I wasn't the only J truck the Patina special it drew jeep guys naturally but a lot of car guys and the guys that had one a hundred years ago . It was a lot of fun

sgtpoliteness

Post by sgtpoliteness »

Bostonbob - we should try to plan a meet up at the cruise with a few of us at some point!
1977 Cherokee Chief WT w/ 2" lift
360 (originally a 401)/TH400/QT w/ MM part-time
16197427 $OD junkyard TBI set-up