CFSJA Late Fall Trail Run! Slaughterhouse Gulch on Sunday the 20th of November. 10:30 AM.

FSJ Related Events in the Mountain Time Zone

Topic author
Nikkormat

CFSJA Late Fall Trail Run! Slaughterhouse Gulch on Sunday the 20th of November. 10:30 AM.

Post by Nikkormat »

Edit: We're meeting up at 10:30 AM on Sunday the 20th of November 2016 to run Slaughterhouse Gulch in Bailey CO.

Everyone is meeting up at 10:30 AM in the parking lot of the Loaf N Jug gas station located off of US 285 at: 173 Bulldogger Rd, Bailey, CO 80421

Please be there on time, as we will try and leave the gas station by 10:45 AM to get on the trail before the biggest crowds. If you are running late please let me know. You can contact me at: 801-201-2542 Calls and Texts accepted but please don't text and drive.

Please arrive with working 4WD and supplies for a day on the trail.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday.

Original post: Hey is anyone interested in a late fall trail run before stuff gets shutdown for winter?

Maybe we could run something Sunday the 20th? We're supposed to get our first dusting of snow on Friday so I think that would be the perfect time.

We could run something easy and close to the front range like Slaughterhouse Gulch in Bailey or any of the innumerable trails in Gilpin County.
Last edited by Nikkormat on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: Anyone interested in a Colorado Fall Trail Run?

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Dang it. I would but the wife's waggy isn't ready. And we don't have money to spare. Guess we'll have to wait for spring. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Dang it. I would but the wife's waggy isn't ready. And we don't have money to spare. Guess we'll have to wait for spring. :(

You don't have to bring a Wagoneer, there should be a Chevy pickup, a TJ, and a VW Touareg with us. I think the Wagoneers will be out numbered!
Last edited by Nikkormat on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

derf

Post by derf »

I'd be up for something. The truck won't be ready so I'll have a 2dr JK. Or, if it's an easy trail, a stock XJ.

Topic author
Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

derf wrote:I'd be up for something. The truck won't be ready so I'll have a 2dr JK. Or, if it's an easy trail, a stock XJ.
I think the trail would be more fun in the XJ. An atlas would be pretty overkill.

Topic author
Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

I think we're going to run Slaughterhouse Gulch on Sunday, we'll be meeting up at the Loaf N Jug gas station off of 285 in Bailey. It's address is: 173 Bulldogger Rd, Bailey, CO 80421

There's a subway there and an air pump for anyone who wants to air down tires. Right now were planning to meet there at 10:30 AM. The trail is about 15 minutes away on neighborhood roads. I'll update the thread when a concrete plan is in place.

derf

Re: RE: Re: Anyone interested in a Colorado Fall Trail Run?

Post by derf »

Nikkormat wrote:
derf wrote:I'd be up for something. The truck won't be ready so I'll have a 2dr JK. Or, if it's an easy trail, a stock XJ.
I think the trail would be more fun in the XJ. An atlas would be pretty overkill.
Well, the XJ decided to start leaking transmission fluid. Not sure if it's mixed with coolant or not. But it's down temporarily. Looks like it will be the JK.
W0JPR

Check out my gear ratio calculator

If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape you have an electrical problem.

Topic author
Nikkormat

CFSJA late fall trail run.

Post by Nikkormat »

Ok I heard no opposition to the plan, so it's official.

We're meeting up at 10:30 AM on Sunday the 20th of November 2016 to run Slaughterhouse Gulch in Bailey CO.

Everyone is meeting up at 10:30 AM in the parking lot of the Loaf N Jug gas station located off of US 285 at: 173 Bulldogger Rd, Bailey, CO 80421

Please be there on time, as we will try and leave the gas station by 10:45 AM to get on the trail before the biggest crowds. If you are running late please let me know. You can contact me at: 801-201-2542 Calls and Texts accepted but please don't text and drive.

Please arrive with working 4WD and supplies for a day on the trail.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you all Sunday.

derf

Re: CFSJA Late Fall Trail Run! Slaughterhouse Gulch on Sunday the 20th of November. 10:30 AM.

Post by derf »

If anyone is interested in meeting before the run, I'll probably hit the Cut Throat Cafe in Bailey (157 Main St, Bailey, Colorado 80421) around 9:00am.

Charles Kline

Re: CFSJA Late Fall Trail Run! Slaughterhouse Gulch on Sunday the 20th of November. 10:30 AM.

Post by Charles Kline »

That was a fun day. Thanks for organizing it Gabe.

-Charles

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Pics for us living vicariously??

Charles Kline

Post by Charles Kline »

Gabe, I have some of when you were in front of me if you're ok with it I can upload some.

Topic author
Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

That would be fine with me Charles, thanks for sharing.
I just reviewed the footage I have, but none of it really turned out that great. I guess my camera man needs some more training.

Thanks for coming guys! Hope everyone had fun!