re: Moab FSJ Invasion this Spring

FSJ Related Events in the Mountain Time Zone

letank

Re: Moab FSJ Invasion Spring 2017! March 27th thru the 30th!

Post by letank »

Nikkormat wrote:Blake, if you get a clutch kit I'll come help you put it in one Saturday/Sunday.

I'm working on a wagoneer to take now... Convertible wagoneer... Well chop top anyway.
Chop top.... please picts... old blue will be chopped at some point... the A pillars are swiss cheese...
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Planning something like is in this thread. http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=161055

I say late blazer style, Wyatt says early blazer style and cut it at the vent window and make a simple boat style cover. We will see. The planned victim is an 89 Waggy. If it's too nice to jack up that may change, then we'd just get it ready for Moab and flip it later.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

SparkyB

Post by SparkyB »

Nikkormat wrote:Planning something like is in this thread. http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=161055

I say late blazer style, Wyatt says early blazer style and cut it at the vent window and make a simple boat style cover. We will see. The planned victim is an 89 Waggy. If it's too nice to jack up that may change, then we'd just get it ready for Moab and flip it later.

Cut it and install a cage then attach the canvas to it. I still have this cage btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Nikkormat wrote:I'm unsure at this point, sadly. The Jeep is ready to go except one small detail... The engine. :(
My "spare" motor that i took the carb and exhaust manifolds off was supposed to be a running motor when I got it. It's just sitting under a tarp in the back of my commando until I find a use for it. You want to stab it in your waggy so you can make the trip??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Alright, so Wyatt is busier than expected so we don't really have time to prep. But we're going to try and make it. We don't have a plan. We don't have reservations. We're going to start fixing the new 89 when he gets out for spring break, and leave to go somewhere whenever it's mostly fixed.

Checklist...

Headlights
Check running lights
Fix one rear door
See if we can fix tailgate
Duct tape roof hole
Change oil
Change diff fluid, check diffs
Check and bleed brakes
"Fix" steering
Make sure cigarette light works
Fix vacuum system
Fix overheating problem
Check gas tank leak
Check gas gauge accuracy
Scrutinize wheel bearings
Exhaust hangers, maybe bendy pipe

Or if that's too hard pull motor from 89 install in 90. Because it's ready to roll sans the engine. :banghead: Maybe that's a better plan... We could probably get that done in about three days. Four with cam swap.

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

Hope you can make it! That is a long list but at least you have time. I am still drinking around with the stupid exhaust... Once that is done I will almost certainly fail emissions again. And the truck will probably burn to the ground in the process just to spite me. And then it'll run over me.

Even if we don't get to run trails, assuming the Jeep doesn't actually murder me, Violet and I can do some hikes looking for petroglyphs and stuff and check out more of arches.

Sucks that the rest of you guys are out. :(

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

Passed emissions an hour ago! Going for tags later today. EDIT: make that Monday first thing.

TC is going to Moab!

Assuming nothing catastrophic happens in the next two weeks, that is.

If anybody needs a hand with their junk LMK.
Last edited by shimniok on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ

tedlovesjeeps71

shimniok wrote:Passed emissions an hour ago! Going for tags later today.

TC is going to Moab!

Assuming nothing catastrophic happens in the next two weeks, that is.

If anybody needs a hand with their junk LMK.
What part of CO you in? I'm in the springs and am waiting on my FI to ship/arrive.

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
shimniok wrote:
What part of CO you in? I'm in the springs and am waiting on my FI to ship/arrive.
South suburban Denver area.

tedlovesjeeps71

shimniok wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
shimniok wrote:
Cool. When I get my fuel injection in and ready to install it I may put out a mayday... depending on how complicated it looks. Image

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:Cool. When I get my fuel injection in and ready to install it I may put out a mayday... depending on how complicated it looks. Image
Sounds good! :-bd

Topic author
Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Alright so no convertible, the wagon is too nice. It's about ready for moab. Made alot of progress today which incidentally included selling it... To Wyatt who's coming to Moab with me.

Fixed both rear doors, checked the marker lights, and the cigarette lighter. Also analyser the steering. It's scary but it'll be fine.

Unfortunately (for my Moab prospects) I also became employed today. Don't know if I can ask for time off this soon. But I got Ouray off. So that's nice. Need to make reservations for that ASAP!

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

I hope everyone has a real good time in Moab. I considered joining but other priorities have been presenting themselves.

Nikkormat, "Also analyser the steering. It's scary but it'll be fine."
Just remember, the ball joints and knuckle joints will get more exercise out on the slickrock. 10 years ago I discovered these joints all bad the month before Moab. It was a hustle to tear down and rebuild. Took 2 weekends because I also needed a drag link. It was worth it not to have it break hours from home. Just saying.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

derf

Post by derf »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
shimniok wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote: What part of CO you in? I'm in the springs and am waiting on my FI to ship/arrive.
Cool. When I get my fuel injection in and ready to install it I may put out a mayday... depending on how complicated it looks. Image

I'm living in south suburban Denver for another month and a half. I'm going to be moving down to the springs as soon as the apartment opens up next month.

I've done aftermarket throttle body fuel injection on my truck and I can lend a hand as well.

tedlovesjeeps71

derf wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
shimniok wrote:

I'm living in south suburban Denver for another month and a half. I'm going to be moving down to the springs as soon as the apartment opens up next month.

I've done aftermarket throttle body fuel injection on my truck and I can lend a hand as well.
Yea! That's awesome! Any idea what part of the springs your looking at? I'm still learning my way around but I will say it's very hit or miss. Lots of shady areas around here but our apartment complex isn't too bad. We've had a few vehicle break ins over the year we've lived here but I believe those vehicles were unlocked. And other than the ***** that lives above us, all the residents are pretty nice. We're towards the north end of Academy off Vickers and it's pretty convenient to everything.

derf

Post by derf »

tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
derf wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:

Yea! That's awesome! Any idea what part of the springs your looking at? I'm still learning my way around but I will say it's very hit or miss. Lots of shady areas around here but our apartment complex isn't too bad. We've had a few vehicle break ins over the year we've lived here but I believe those vehicles were unlocked. And other than the ***** that lives above us, all the residents are pretty nice. We're towards the north end of Academy off Vickers and it's pretty convenient to everything.

I'm going to be at Powers and Briargate. I work near Voyager and Interquest.

tedlovesjeeps71

Moab FSJ Invasion Spring 2017! March 27th thru the 30th!

derf wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote:
derf wrote:

I'm going to be at Powers and Briargate. I work near Voyager and Interquest.
Sweet! You'll be like 13 minutes away. Image
I think your up by the "good" doughnut shop. Some guy brought some to Reserves from a Vietnamese run donut place and they were very good. If you eat that sort of stuff. Image

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

Nikkormat wrote:Alright so no convertible, the wagon is too nice. It's about ready for moab. Made alot of progress today which incidentally included selling it... To Wyatt who's coming to Moab with me.
Cool! So you're coming then...

Sorry I couldn't help with the motor after all. :( If I change my mind later in the year, I'll let you know.
Unfortunately (for my Moab prospects) I also became employed today. Don't know if I can ask for time off this soon.
Hm... ok... So are you coming or not?! :)

Topic author
Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

shimniok wrote:
Nikkormat wrote:Alright so no convertible, the wagon is too nice. It's about ready for moab. Made alot of progress today which incidentally included selling it... To Wyatt who's coming to Moab with me.

Sorry I couldn't help with the motor after all. :( If I change my mind later in the year, I'll let you know.
Unfortunately (for my Moab prospects) I also became employed today. Don't know if I can ask for time off this soon.
Still uncertain! It's a strong maybe? I've only got the 28th and 29th off now so I'd have to drive to Moab after work on the 27th and get in to town around 11. Then we'd have a full day on the 28th and till around three on the 29th. Then we'd need to run home and sleep a few hours before work the next day.

tedlovesjeeps71

Nikkormat wrote:
shimniok wrote:

Still uncertain! It's a strong maybe? I've only got the 28th and 29th off now so I'd have to drive to Moab after work on the 27th and get in to town around 11. Then we'd have a full day on the 28th and till around three on the 29th. Then we'd need to run home and sleep a few hours before work the next day.
Livin' la JeepA Loca!!! ImageImageImage