Thanksgiving In The Desert

FSJ Related Events in the Mountain Time Zone

motcat

Re: Thanksgiving In The Desert

Post by motcat »

Good news. I love t when the travel budget gets cut at my company. I told my wife over the weekend you might not make it and she wondered who was going to make the quesadillas.
- John (aka JR)
78 Chief Dad bought new in Kenosha WI, 401, RV cam, Part time kit, Edelbrock+Holly 600, DUI, 3" Rancho, Skyjackers, Crossflow rad, Rust, rust, rust
78 J10 Bob's (Becca's) old J-Truck, Tired 360, Tired TH400, Tired QT, Just really tired, but keeps on runnin

will e

Post by will e »

Yeah I am happy. We just had a meeting and it looks like the dates for the travel will change. I think I am back on for a Friday run before the Saturday dinner.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

I found some semi stable employment for the winter, so maybe I'll show up in a Jeep?

Is it pretty easy to find the area where we'll be camped? I'm thinking I'll show up there Thursday night and leave on Sunday.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

Got 4WD working on the Jeep and of course Mr. Jerry played a part. He saw my ghetto solution and shipped me the part I needed :) Took it out in a wash and crawled a bit to make sure it was good, seemed fine. I'll just be sure to follow Mike since he'll have the parts I need when I break...
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I would like to go and bring the Mrs. Unfortunately, the Waggy is no where near drivable. I do have an XJ that is up for an adventure. Not sure if that is OK though.
  • 64 FSJ Wagoneer, under the knife
  • 67 FSJ Wagoneer, peacefully taking a break
  • 94 XJ, long-armed on 33's. Bolt on ghetto fab fantastic
  • 16 BU, wife's snow commuter
Formerly: 06 KJ CRD (Constantly Repair Diesel)

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

Pablo wrote:I would like to go and bring the Mrs. Unfortunately, the Waggy is no where near drivable. I do have an XJ that is up for an adventure. Not sure if that is OK though.
Last I remember we aren't very picky ;)
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Pablo wrote:I would like to go and bring the Mrs. Unfortunately, the Waggy is no where near drivable. I do have an XJ that is up for an adventure. Not sure if that is OK though.
Absolutely! To quote a member wiser than me...
REDONE wrote:Sometimes you just have to suck it up, leave the FSJ in pieces and load a keg in the Buick. :P
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

I have seen minivans and Kia´s in the camp before so no big deal.... come on over with the Mrs with you.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

jsinajeep

Post by jsinajeep »

Sure some Wagon make it and some get towed back home. I had seen it and have done it. Right Gumby

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

Well I guess I will introduce myself to this thread.
I will be there, not sure with who or what but the gravy is mine.

There is some talk about wheeling Friday.
I'm not sure if I can make it in Thursday night, I'm not sure if I am driving the Pushmobile or the F350.
If I can drive the jeep up and wheel Friday I would like our trail to be at least this easy.
I'm not interested in driving a shelf road for 3-4 hours and just coming back to camp.

I'm not being a dick, I'm just bored with anything that has no tech driving to it.
If I can get up there early and it's just a scenic trail I'll be happy to hang back at camp and secure the area.

If it's not this challenging, I will stay at camp and I don't do mud.

https://youtu.be/wTQ20lW_Xgk
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

az chip

Post by az chip »

Tad, Food was great last time. Is there a list yet of who is bringing what? I can bring a turkey this year. Was that cooked onsite? Was there more than one? Not sure about wheeling. I hope to gave a driving FSJ this year. Anything more than that is probably not gonna happen.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

will e

Post by will e »

Usually I cook up some snacks earlier in the day. Cheese Crisps, little ribs, pizza bites, etc.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

az chip

Post by az chip »

Sounds great. Cool thing is I have told my wife she is coming this year. She actually agreed.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

jsinajeep wrote:Sure some Wagon make it and some get towed back home. I had seen it and have done it. Right Gumby
Sure you right! I can't wait to be there this year, think I'm still in for a ham.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

will e

Post by will e »

Should we start a sign up thread?

Curly

Post by Curly »

Yeah, we need a sign up thread. We'll bring a sweet potato dish.
Curly
I start what I finish.

81 Wagoneer 4.2/auto
77 Cherokee S 360/Auto/QT
97 Jeep Wrangler

rstep

Post by rstep »

I'll get a post up later today or in the morning for TITD and one on FB.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

will e

Post by will e »

Here is the sign up thread RStep created:

http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 37&t=11241