Cummins factory swap packages ??

For everything related to converting and up keeping diesel engines in an FSJ

Topic author
eggman918

Cummins factory swap packages ??

Post by eggman918 »

Look at this link,it looks like Cummins might be thinking about entering the consumer diesel re-power business.
http://cumminsengines.com/repower-survey
1967 Wagoneer soon to be TDI powered
1968 F-250 CrewCab Cummins 4BT, ZF-5, NP 203/205,TruTrac's front/rear.

Pablo

Re: Cummins factory swap packages ??

Post by Pablo »

I took the survey. I think they are going to sell the new V8 in the Titan as a crate engine for repowers. Not too sure we want to know the price though... At least it comes in a 1/2 ton pickup so it is in the same EPA class as FSJs. I bought the 65 specifically to avoid the diesel swap legality hassels associated with 50 state emissions.
  • 64 FSJ Wagoneer, under the knife
  • 67 FSJ Wagoneer, peacefully taking a break
  • 94 XJ, long-armed on 33's. Bolt on ghetto fab fantastic
  • 16 BU, wife's snow commuter
Formerly: 06 KJ CRD (Constantly Repair Diesel)

Cheap Hobby

Re: Cummins factory swap packages ??

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Cummins has a whole new line of engines they were developing for Dodge when Chrysler went BK. 3 cylinders and up, that is where the new Nisans came from. Here in Kali any heavy diesel over 25 yrs old has to be scrapped or replaced with a new certified engine and exhaust. Cummins is not directly certified. They are looking at getting certified as a direct supplier for all sizes the new light line will be part of the program.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.