isuzu powered j10....project suzy diesel

For everything related to converting and up keeping diesel engines in an FSJ

nc wagoneer

Re: isuzu powered j10....project suzy diesel

Post by nc wagoneer »

carnuck wrote:I just came across an NPR or NRR Van for $1,000 and it's a '96 5 speed but not sure if 4B or 4H motor yet. I'm thinking about putting it in another vehicle but a tcase is hard to come by. I've been searching sites, but it seems that the 4H sucks for longeviy.
Couldn't you run a divorced t case?
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
"old blue" 79 waggy-sitting in Jake's full size jeep junkyard, traded for j20 parts
Also:
1986 Isuzu Trooper Factory Diesel/5 Speed
1999 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 (weekend toy)
1984 GMC Suburban K10 6.2 Diesel/700r4/np208
Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
"Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial"

carnuck

Re: isuzu powered j10....project suzy diesel

Post by carnuck »

I was thinking about the '68 Travelall as it already has a remote tcase. Problem is I can't drive stick anymore. (broken right shoulder, torn ligaments in left leg and old tailbone break damage.

edit: We got the NPR today and it turned out to be automatic, but my buddy is paying for the motor (and most of the price of the truck) to put in his '83 Wagoneer limited. Now he's looking for an Isuzu with the 4HET motor that has the AW4 big brother's trans (which has tcase options and overdrive)

Need to find the guy with 4bdt2c mount conversion next! (and watch this thread without more interruptions)
Check my parts for sale near Seattle