Anybody used these? EZ-EFI® SELF TUNING FUEL INJECTION SYSTE

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
edmoss

Anybody used these? EZ-EFI® SELF TUNING FUEL INJECTION SYSTE

Post by edmoss »

Has anyone used these in there Grand Wagoneers? EZ-EFI® SELF TUNING FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM from FAST http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/ez-efir ... e-kithtml/

I am planning on a chevy 350 swap and a guy at my work told me this was the "way to go". Its pricey I know but sounds easy.

Thanks in advance Ed

will e

Re: Anybody used these? EZ-EFI® SELF TUNING FUEL INJECTION S

Post by will e »

I have not but 'easily bolts up in a single afternoon' is a lie. Most likely requires larger fuel line as well a return line if you don't have one. The O2 sensor bung will need to be welded in. There is a fair amount of electrical wire to deal with as well. They might be able to put one in that quick but a shade tree weekend mechanic won't.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
edmoss

Post by edmoss »

He did say you had to have the O2 sensor bung will need to be welded in. I did not know about the fuel line. It is never as easy as it sounds. I am still looking for the engine and with this price I don't know if it will be reality.

Thanks for reply will e.

FSJ Guy

Post by FSJ Guy »

For less $$ you can get a Howell TBI system that is turnkey and ready to go. Of course, you will also have to install the O2 sensor and run new fuel lines.

That kind of money gets should get you a turnkey system, not a system that you have to drive around and "tune".

As far as your plans, why not put a 5.3 LS series motor in instead of a carb'd 350 that you'll have to add fuel injection to?
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

jamesdart

Post by jamesdart »

I have one of those kits for my duster. I haven't gotten around to installing it yet. i know guys that are running it. pretty slick setup. it crossed my mind a few times to put it on the jeep, but i think its overkill.

Topic author
edmoss

Post by edmoss »

My brother in law found me a 5.3 I am in process of checking into it. I want to find something I am getting impatient to start working on it. :banghead: I will check into the Howell, I am not a fuel injection guru at all.

will e

Post by will e »

Don't get impatient. That leads to bad decisions. Have a plan that is flexible.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

TUDrewser

Post by TUDrewser »

will e wrote:Don't get impatient. That leads to bad decisions. Have a plan that is flexible.
If there's one thing I've learned from working on my Jeep, it's this ^^^
1990 GW "saved by Jerry" edition
will e wrote:I guess life is better if you are not moving too fast.

Topic author
edmoss

Post by edmoss »

You guys are right...I took some deep breaths...I will find something and get it all figured out. I appreciate the comments and the help.

Gumby

Post by Gumby »

If your current engine is running then I say tune it up and get it running right. The coin saved on not going FI will pay for gas and a whole lot of fun.
1984 GW 360/727/208.... 4"/ 31"
2004 CRD QC SRW 3500 4X4 (DD)
1983 "project Dubya" (long term)

Bill usn-1

Post by Bill usn-1 »

Something to be careful of is if you decide to go with the howell system you need to purchase a complete system. most of theirs not are based on the factory EFI and they run the system in fuel only mode. So you lose 1/2 the benefits of the EFI system.
Same goes for many of the "bolt on" self tuning systems. Unless you modify the ignition system to run the GM ignition module just like I show if the DIY TBI conversion....the system will be a fuel only system.

So in the end all you get is an electronic carb.
Please do your research when following advice on the internet.
Most mean well but not all the info you need is provided to make an informed decision.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Bill usn-1 wrote:Something to be careful of is if you decide to go with the howell system you need to purchase a complete system. most of theirs not are based on the factory EFI and they run the system in fuel only mode. So you lose 1/2 the benefits of the EFI system.
Same goes for many of the "bolt on" self tuning systems. Unless you modify the ignition system to run the GM ignition module just like I show if the DIY TBI conversion....the system will be a fuel only system.

So in the end all you get is an electronic carb.
Please do your research when following advice on the internet.
Most mean well but not all the info you need is provided to make an informed decision.
Is this true for the self learning system that Holley produces and claims is the best thing since sliced bread?
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

jamesdart

Post by jamesdart »

pretty sure the holley terminator can run an ignition. I think you need a gm distributor. same for the new ez efi. ezefi2 or whatever they are calling it.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

The Edelbrock EZ Street system is another good one. They sell a sump and pump kit that mounts under the hood that removes the need to run lines back and adding a pump in the tank etc.

Still too much money for my taste but thought I'd share.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Bill usn-1

Post by Bill usn-1 »

Stuka wrote: Is this true for the self learning system that Holley produces and claims is the best thing since sliced bread?
Personally I think too much hype and internet talk is given to the new systems.
How many guys say they are great but have never ran one or tried to tune one?
How many have never ran a TBI system?

Keep in mind that every GM TBI system is "self learning".
There has always been talk about how the TBI system is not a performance system and you have to go MPFI or carb for performance.
If all that is true, then why are all the newest and greatest systems being sold all TBI systems? And as mentioned, why are they fuel only unless you run the GM ignition?

So why are they so great when we been doing the same thing for years with a factory system that we can get parts for any day of the week?

I suggest everyone go to the product information page and download the installation and setup manual.
What you will find is that self learning only applies to the o2 sensor feedback making the corrections just like the GM system does.

So what about the timing?
Well "if" you run the GM ignition to have timing control then you will find the timing tables are all preprogrammed into the system and you simply select specific data points and it applies them to the curve.
No self tuning there.