Gen III info

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
hutcho

Post by hutcho »

Twin stickable?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Stuka
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Stuka »

hutcho wrote:Twin stickable?

No NP/NV aluminum case in twin stickable. You are pretty much stuck with a gear drive t-case for twin sticks.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
hutcho

Post by hutcho »

Ok well that makes that easy then. Looks like I will be searching for a d300. Any down side to that combo? Not sure if I will go 6.0, 5.3 or 4.8 yet but will most likely be 4l60e on trans. Looking for something that is more streetable and not just a trail rig.

Topic author
hutcho

Post by hutcho »

Is there a specific year to look for as far as engines go? What kind of mileage are the 6.0s and 6.2s getting? Not a huge deal breaker just making up my mind. Gonna be running 33s or 35s and 4.11s. Will the 4.8 be big enough?

ProTouring442

Re: Gen III info

Post by ProTouring442 »

I'm running a 5.3 (gen IV) with 31" tires and 3.31 gears. I am not running the displacement on demand, and I am pulling close to 20 mpg on the highway. As for power, it's great. After I lift it and install my "semi-wide track" fender flares, I think I will go with 33" tires, and no gear change.

Topic author
hutcho

Post by hutcho »

Interesting thats better than my daily driver gets now! (98 silverado 5.0l soon to be 5.7l)

Did you look into the displacement on demand? Would it be difficult to make work? Would be cool to be able to DD the jeep.

ProTouring442

Re:

Post by ProTouring442 »

hutcho wrote:Interesting thats better than my daily driver gets now! (98 silverado 5.0l soon to be 5.7l)

Did you look into the displacement on demand? Would it be difficult to make work? Would be cool to be able to DD the jeep.

At the time I started the build, no one worked with the DOD or the VVT (variable valve timing). Since then, Speartech has started doing harnesses, etc. that utilize both.

In the future, I may see if I can retrofit the harnesses needed to make mine work.

ProTouring442

Re:

Post by ProTouring442 »

hutcho wrote:Interesting thats better than my daily driver gets now! (98 silverado 5.0l soon to be 5.7l)

At the time I started the build, no one worked with the DOD or the VVT (variable valve timing). Since then, Speartech has started doing harnesses, etc. that utilize both.

In the future, I may see if I can retrofit the harnesses needed to make mine work.