Holly Hydramat

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
nwkaustin

Holly Hydramat

Post by nwkaustin »

Hey Guys- I am looking into installing a hydra mat in my 1987 Grand Wagoneer. Has anyone installed one of these? If so any experiences you can share? The good, the bad, the ugly? Any lessons learned?

For anyone that has dropped there gas tank and reinstalled it what did you wish you had ordered? Was there a new gasket or part that you wish you had on hand? Any other thoughts or ideas.

Thanks,

Neal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kansasboy001

Re: Holly Hydramat

Post by kansasboy001 »

No need to drop the tank. On 1980+ there's an access plate to the sending unit pickup tube beneath the carpet. I personally haven't used one but I've heard very good things about the hydramats
1983 Cherokee Laredo. 360/ 727/ np228/ Junkyard 7427 TBI/ Msd ignition

sloppyjoe

Post by sloppyjoe »

I’m running a hydramat in mine. Only difference is I have a one off custom aluminum tank. I did mimic the stock tank shape though and put the mat in the lowest portion. I used the magnet installation option and ran a short section of fuel rated hose from the mat to my through hull AN fitting. Then out to my electric fuel pump from there. I know that my tank is not stock, but the application should be similar.
1976 Cherokee NT, 360, TH 400, Quadatrac

Mikel

Post by Mikel »

My only concern is that from what I've read, it only lasts a number of years before needing replacement.

RamJetFSJ

Post by RamJetFSJ »

Yeah, I looked into it and came to the conclusion it’s a race car part, and not really designed for long term daily driver use, so I went with a surge tank instead. It costs too much to be a consumable.
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

Topic author
nwkaustin

Post by nwkaustin »

The holly hydraMat is the single best thing I have purchased for my Jeep. The guys at Wagonmaster put it on for me and now I can use every drop of gas in my tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk