EFI and Charcoal Canisters

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
swanny1911

EFI and Charcoal Canisters

Post by swanny1911 »

I was curious how people installing EFI's are using the charcoal canister. I definitely still want to vent the gas tank properly but if I read correctly, the excess fumes are burned of in the carb. I would imagine it wouldn't be good for the canister to build up excess fumes. Anyway, I'm mostly wondering if the canister is still needed and if so/if not how you set up fuel tank venting.
1988 Grand Wagoneer, AMC 360, Streetfire ignition, TFI, 2" body lift, Holley Sniper, Stainless Brain Fabrication Fuel Tank, Evil Twin Fab spare tire carrier. :fsj:

FSJ Guy

Re: EFI and Charcoal Canisters

Post by FSJ Guy »

Excess fumes are venting INTO the carb and burned off during combustion. The only thing you'll need to modify is to cap the line taking carb bowl fumes from the (nonexistent) carb to the canister. Everything else has its own equivalent connection at the throttle body.

If you're really fancy, you can use the GM factory charcoal vent solenoid, but I personally think that is overkill.
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

Topic author
swanny1911

Re: EFI and Charcoal Canisters

Post by swanny1911 »

My charcoal canister is pretty much toast. I might look into the GM vent . No such thing as overkill with a Jeep! Lol

1988 Grand Wagoneer, TFI, Streetfire Ignition, 2" Body Lift
1988 Grand Wagoneer, AMC 360, Streetfire ignition, TFI, 2" body lift, Holley Sniper, Stainless Brain Fabrication Fuel Tank, Evil Twin Fab spare tire carrier. :fsj: