Supply Hose Q's

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
PUDS

Supply Hose Q's

Post by PUDS »

Had grand plans of buying fancy AN fittings and braided hose for my Fitech install and then I priced it! Needless to say, I have since purchased standard FI rated hose to run from my in-tank system to the Fitech TB, so what I'm wondering is if that's ok?

The sending unit will have regular steel line end, so I will clamp the hose to it with FI clamps, then I'm hoping to get 9/16-24 fittings with barbed ends for the TB so I can clamp the hose to it that way. I purchased an 6AN filter so I'll have to get some adapters to barbs for each side, but does what I'm planning make sense? Should I take the hose back and order braided line instead and use AN fittings and suck up the cost?

1988 GW 360/727/NP229
4" BJ'S Lift
Thorley Headers/Magnaflow Exh
Edelbrock Intake
Fitech TBI (in the works)
32" BFG KM2'S
Razor Grill
///This is a project vehicle///

nightglide

Re: Supply Hose Q's

Post by nightglide »

I used the summit brand push loc hose and an fittings. Was pretty reasonable. I think with fitech at at least 60psi your method might be questionable....
77 J10 360/T18/Dana20
Fitech fuel injection
4" Lift....3" body lift....35" ats

Topic author
PUDS

Re: Supply Hose Q's

Post by PUDS »

The hose I have is rated at 225psi max, it's Gates FI hose, so not crappy stuff. I'm not worried about the hose bursting, it'll never run over 100 psi, I'm wondering about leaking with it just being clamped on

1988 GW 360/727/NP229
4" BJ'S Lift
Thorley Headers/Magnaflow Exh
Edelbrock Intake
Fitech TBI (in the works)
32" BFG KM2'S
Razor Grill
///This is a project vehicle///