What do i have here???

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Re: What do i have here???

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Well.. this is a platter of spaghetti. Laid what I have on the bed and untangled it as much as possible.

Some stuff was labeled by the guy I bought it from. Some not. All the original Howell labels are unreadable. Not a complete kit by far so we'll see what happens. Looked on Howell's site and of course their instructions have virtually no pics. They expect the labels to be read.
Anyone know what these things go to?
1 Image

2 Image

3 Image

4 Image

FSJ Guy

Post by FSJ Guy »

#1 looks like ground lugs for something.

#2: Not sure... Is it connected to the harness near Part #4? If so, it could be your continuous power feed. (Non-switched power).

#3: That is your ALDL connector. You use this for data logging and reading trouble codes.

#4: That is your fuse "box". You'll need 3 fuses, about 15 amps each, or so.
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

ferrum

Post by ferrum »

You probably want to double check the wires by following it to the ECU pinout to be sure. Here's my guesses.
1. two wire plug you are holding on is probably coolant temp sensor plug.
2. one wire plug is probably O2 sensor. If you live in cold region, you may want to get heated O2 sensor that is 3 wire or 4 wire.
3. ALDL connector.
4. It is fuse box. I have howell tbi kit in my jeep. 3 fuses should be 5 amps each.

I also have two more fuses under the hood that feeds fuel pump and ecu. These are bigger in size.
'76 Cherokee Chief

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

ferrum wrote:You probably want to double check the wires by following it to the ECU pinout to be sure. Here's my guesses.
1. two wire plug you are holding on is probably coolant temp sensor plug.
2. one wire plug is probably O2 sensor. If you live in cold region, you may want to get heated O2 sensor that is 3 wire or 4 wire.
3. ALDL connector.
4. It is fuse box. I have howell tbi kit in my jeep. 3 fuses should be 5 amps each.

I also have two more fuses under the hood that feeds fuel pump and ecu. These are bigger in size.
I don't think the 2 wire is coolant. There is a wire I saw labeled coolant and that wasn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babywag

Post by babywag »

2-wire is not coolant temp, some power/ground pigtail for ?? your fuel pump ??

single connector is likely your o2 sensor, single wire(unheated) ones work fine.
a heated o2 sensor isn't really necessary, it won't run any different/better with one.
generally used to go closed loop faster for emissions reduction.
-Tony
'88 GW (aka Babywag)