In tank electric fuel pump?

For everything related to using Fuel Injection in an FSJ.

swanny1911

Re: In tank electric fuel pump?

Post by swanny1911 »

Not to resurrect an old thread, but I am going to modify the sending unit like babywag did and use the original 5/16 supply line as the return and install a 3/8 line where the old return was for the supply. My question is does the new return line have to be shortened? I was thinking of securing the fuel pump to it took keep the fuel pump from moving around. Also, I have noticed a couple in tank conversion kits (Novak, Tanks,inc.) use posts to attach the wiring to instead of running wires through a hole in the sending unit cap. Do the post have to be any special material for electrical applications and is it safe to do it this way?
1988 Grand Wagoneer, AMC 360, Streetfire ignition, TFI, 2" body lift, Holley Sniper, Stainless Brain Fabrication Fuel Tank, Evil Twin Fab spare tire carrier. :fsj:

swanny1911

Post by swanny1911 »

Got my answer! I should be good to go.

1988 Grand Wagoneer, TFI, Streetfire Ignition, 2" Body Lift
1988 Grand Wagoneer, AMC 360, Streetfire ignition, TFI, 2" body lift, Holley Sniper, Stainless Brain Fabrication Fuel Tank, Evil Twin Fab spare tire carrier. :fsj:

TeaBag

Post by TeaBag »

Babywag-

What pressure do you get from your pump?

babywag

Post by babywag »

pressure isn't set by pump set via regulator
gm tbi it's controlled via spring in assembly on throttle body
my '90 is 15psi, my '88 is 14psi.

various aftermarket systems sometimes have a built in regulator, sometimes an external regulator is needed.
-Tony
'88 GW (aka Babywag)

nwkaustin

Post by nwkaustin »

nightglide wrote:Dr. Marnus is putting a tanks Inc. set up in his wag. It's pretty slick. I'll probably be helping him tomm. Not sure if it will work in a j truck tank tho cause ours are deeper......

Is there a thread or pictures for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk