rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: WWW.RockLaurenceVintageAutoParts.com

Post by rocklaurence »

Sorry, I fixed the link above

Blutarski

Post by Blutarski »

After months of searching for a fuel tank skid plate, at a good shipped price, I was lucky enough to find Rock Laurence. Skid plate is better than described and packaging was great. All around a great experience. Thanks

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I have 3 more Wagoneer hitches left. I will not be making anymore do to the cost to produce and what the market will pay for them. However, the J10 / J20 hitch will still be available.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

rocklaurence wrote:I have 3 more Wagoneer hitches left. I will not be making anymore do to the cost to produce and what the market will pay for them. However, the J10 / J20 hitch will still be available.
Two left

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

The Wagoneer/Cherokee tow hitch is no longer available--last one has sold

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

We have a new product out! It's a pair of 2" receiver mounts that you fasten under the floor to allow you to use ANY receiver / hitch step as a side step!! they are affordable, easy to install and allow you to choose any step you want to customise your FSJ. They will fit any 2 door FSJ. Check them out here: https://rocklaurencevintageautoparts.co ... tep-mounts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FS-Jeep-J10-J2 ... :rk:1:pf:0

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

We have re-designed the Tow Hitch [over 100 SOLD] to a 3 piece design. This will save everyone on shipping costs. Previously, I was absorbing the extra shipping cost--some times as much as $50. View the new hitch here on YouTube The Slab64 Eps9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfbzhwNxAbo
Last edited by rocklaurence on Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I have listed a new product! It's a rear shock mount relocation bracket. Often if you rotate the rear pinion up after a Lift the shocks bind at the axle housing. This will eliminate that and it also gives you the option to flip the brackets and drop the shock mount stud down 2". Allowing you to use the original shocks on a 2-3" lift...
https://rocklaurencevintageautoparts.co ... after-lift
Last edited by rocklaurence on Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

The Long Spring suspension springs from Alcan are here! Ill be posting a video of the installation on YouTube. I'll run these springs for a period of time to make sure they are the Best Riding FSJ springs you can buy. Like mentioned before, these springs with the FSSR will provide 5" of lift, 12" of travel and still ride softer than any other lift spring!!! Also, adding these springs without the FSSR will provide 2.5" of lift with great performance and soft ride for the Daily Driver [note: I haven't tested it yet without the FSSR but it will work with minor changes].... :D

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

New Episode is up. Refurbishing a set of '70s door arm rests and door latch issues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gH4hKIq1kU

Jeepin' Pete

Post by Jeepin' Pete »

Would love to see some pictures of the long spring / FSSR setup (and I'm sure I'm not alone). Post some up!
1990 Grand Wagoneer
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16762

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Im going to post a video and show the front drive shaft cross-member modification that is needed for the extra travel. I'll also show the complete setup with new shock/bump-stop mounts with rear slider box. Ill post the link soon.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Jeepin' Pete wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:48 am Would love to see some pictures of the long spring / FSSR setup (and I'm sure I'm not alone). Post some up!
Look here. A video showing the Long Spring suspension and also the crossmember modification: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjMELrJc-Ro

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Jeepin Pete, did you get a chance to view the video?

BCRAWLER

Post by BCRAWLER »

Glad to see the step setup you have manufactured. I did something similar on my 87 GMC only the one I made attached to the frame. The truck had a 4"lift kit with QRX16 Buckshots at 36" tall.My wife at the time was 5' nothing in height. Had to carry a plastic milk carton around so she could get in. A set of your entry handles would have helped very much. The part I liked very much was when offroading I could pull the pin and get my ground clearance back. :D
1980 Cherokee,360/727/208, propane powered,unknown lift,31' Adventuro's on Chevy rims,Warn winch
1980 J10,360/standard/208, stepside
1970 GMC 4X4 Pickup, 78 frame, 84 350, Turbo 350/205, patina galore
1986 Blazer K5, 350/205/465 trans
1990 Cherokee XJ, about to scrap for FSJ parts, gone to parts graveyard in sky

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

BCRAWLER wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:25 pm Glad to see the step setup you have manufactured. I did something similar on my 87 GMC only the one I made attached to the frame. The truck had a 4"lift kit with QRX16 Buckshots at 36" tall.My wife at the time was 5' nothing in height. Had to carry a plastic milk carton around so she could get in. A set of your entry handles would have helped very much. The part I liked very much was when offroading I could pull the pin and get my ground clearance back. :D
Are you referring to the "Side Step" mount under the door? What I think is [thinking outside the box] is that you can add any bumper step you want. For example: a round tube, cast-like I have, square tube, contoured step etc.
Last edited by rocklaurence on Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

BCRAWLER

Post by BCRAWLER »

That is what I am refering to. On mine what I did was use a piece of square tubing that dropped down similar to a trailer hitch and installed a aluminum checker plate on the out most part as a step. The ability to remove while out in the bush is huge. No damage to step and clearance back. Most of the aftermarket steps I have seen are of a thin sheet metal that will not stand up to a rock or stump. The other thing I used to do was to move step to rear reciever to access bed of lifted truck. Could be used to reach roof on Cherokee/ Wagoneer. :fsj:
1980 Cherokee,360/727/208, propane powered,unknown lift,31' Adventuro's on Chevy rims,Warn winch
1980 J10,360/standard/208, stepside
1970 GMC 4X4 Pickup, 78 frame, 84 350, Turbo 350/205, patina galore
1986 Blazer K5, 350/205/465 trans
1990 Cherokee XJ, about to scrap for FSJ parts, gone to parts graveyard in sky

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Great minds think alike ;) Mine are attached to the body/floor and wont be effected by Bodylifts and such. I'm thinking of making a step that will span the whole door jam. Both square and round.
Is there any interest on the Forum for a Sidestep/Nerf????

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I have a New Product- High Clearance front U bolt plates. These plates move the bolts and studs up and out of the way allowing the springs to slide over obstacles. They have a Sway bar stud for the FSJ, fully welded and fit all FSJs 1974-90. Ill have these listed on the site soon but you can see them on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKzgYZ2jDxv/

https://www.instagram.com/the_slab64/

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I have a new product available. A high clearance U-bolt plate for FSJ front axles. I have two models. One with sway bar studs and another Universal without sway bar studs. I'm using an Unfinished product to start and then fully weld the seams and install the studs. I also added more material to the bottom to protect the spring center pin. https://rocklaurencevintageautoparts.co ... y-bar-stud