Post by Stuka »

2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: Front Shackle Reversal- kit, RockLaurence Vintage Auto P

Post by rocklaurence »

Rocklaurence Vintage Auto Parts has sold 22 unit so far. It's so cool to see our parts being used on FSJ projects :mrgreen:

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: Front Shackle Reversal- kit, RockLaurence Vintage Auto P

Post by rocklaurence »

rocklaurence wrote:Rocklaurence Vintage Auto Parts has sold 22 unit so far. It's so cool to see our parts being used on FSJ projects :mrgreen:
Now built with 1/4" plate and 33 units SOLD! Thanks guys for your support!!! :mrgreen:

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: Front Shackle Reversal- kit, RockLaurence Vintage Auto Parts 33 unit SOLD

Post by rocklaurence »

We SOLD number 42 last week! We have up-graded the FSSR front receiver hitch also and are seeing a lot of the FSSR lift kit with the receiver.

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

I just put a 4" hijacker on my 87 GW.

The alignment guy explained I should get a front shackle flip for a better ride because the front shackle should be on the back end of the spring instead of bieng mounted on the front.

Is this what he's talking about?
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Yes it is. The biggest ride improvement will be related to impact on Speed Bumps and Pot-Holes. Chances are that you'll need to lengthen the front drive shaft [may be long spline] to prevent spline separation when the suspenssion drops/droops. Also, with the 4" lift and heavy off-roading I would tack weld the brackets to the frame in addition to the fasteners provided.

http://rocklaurencevintageautoparts.com ... e-reversal

http://rocklaurencevintageautoparts.com ... iver-hitch

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

Is out of stock?

And will give an additional 2.5" lift?

How do I extend a spline?
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

ShagWagon wrote:Is out of stock?

And will give an additional 2.5" lift?

How do I extend a spline?

I fixed the OUt of Stock statement --I have 7 sets available
It will provide a 2.5" lift [blocks for the rear leafs.
If you need a Long Spline front shaft, a shop will have to make it. Also, you will need to consider your suspenssion bump-stops as well. A high arched spring will move the axle rear ward as it compresses and if it travels too far it can break the Transfer case. So, the axle travel will dictate the DS and spline length or you can limit the axle travel. You may find that your DS is already too short for the lift you have [off road it may separate].

Jeep Hero

Post by Jeep Hero »

Rocklaurence,

I am interested in the complete FSSR kit, to include the receiver hitch. You posted that there is a special price if the entire kit is ordered. How do I order it, and what would the total be?

Thanks.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Email sent in regard to discount
Thanks

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I have the complete FSSR kit with the front receiver listed now. The cost doesnt include the FSJ.net 10% discount.
https://rocklaurencevintageautoparts.co ... iver-hitch

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Have you gotten any pictures back from customers installing this kit? I'd really like to see some installed height photos of something without a body lift!
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

There are several members here that have posted pictures--I have to find the links. Howver, here's a good write up from the other site:
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=174139

rileydignan

Post by rileydignan »

Hey new member first time poster. I have the shackle reverse and thought I would share a pic of it installed on my 89 since it’s being asked about:

The shackle reverse combined with 2” rear blocks allows me to run 31 10.50 bfgs on stock rims without issue. The ride improved also. My springs and shocks are otherwise stock. I’d highly recommend the kit.

Nikkormat

Re: Front Shackle Reversal- kit, RockLaurence Vintage Auto Parts 50+ unit SOLD

Post by Nikkormat »

Well that's got me convinced! Thanks!
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

rileydignan

Post by rileydignan »

I’ll also add that with the 2” rear blocks my rear driveshaft is almost too short which surprised me. I’ve been driving it this way for a year but the stock length shocks are limiting droop. My next step(s) are to have the driveshaft lengthened and run longer shocks but I wouldn’t be able to run longer shocks with the stock length driveshaft.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

We will soon offer a Long Spring suspension with the FSSR. The kit will provide 4-5" of lift and 10-12" of travel. It will ride softer than any other lift suspension.

tigger4x

Post by tigger4x »

Digging the idea of some lift on my '79 J20, especially with the Cummins 6BTa and axle clearance. The PO that installed it was a hack. He made some pseudo extensions on the front shackles, but it's def not enough! I have been prepping to buy the full spring kit from BJs with the actual J20 GVWR. How well will their stock height springs and your kit work together? I know I'll need to get the extended (SS) brake line kit too, but how long? Do you happen to have an RL VAP sticker so I can brag about having your kit on my rig? It gets some good attention so I like to let people know what I've got going on.

Topic author
rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Regarding the FSSR, you'll remove the modified front brackets and install the the FSSR brackets. They work with OEM or FSJ After-market springs. However, Im not sure how much lift the BJs springs will add under a 6BT. Lastly, 'What is a RL VAP sticker?