TT'sFabworks 3-Piece NT Bumper Set

Tad
Vendor

TT'sFabworks 3-Piece NT Bumper Set

Postby Tad » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:22 am

Fully welded 3/16" front and rear bumper set, $900 plus shipping in the lower 48 states.
(I would be happy to ship it to AK or HI via FedEx but I doubt it's cost effective)
This is for NT Wagoneers and Cherokees and will not work with a body lift.

Completely bolt on with some drilling required.
1" thick front and rear tow points that fit 7/8" D-rings, front winch mount and all hardware is included.
Slightly adjustable to fit both the old (63-75) and new (76-91) body mount heights.

This was designed as a budget minded bumper in that it it comes apart to reduce shipping size and costs

Here is the rear on the 75 and older body mounts.

Same bumper on the newer 76-91 body mounts.

The rear mounting brackets also position the D-ring holder/slider under the frame.

The front bumper has welded on D-ring mounts that are done in a three step process, has a bolt on winch mount and attaches to both the front cross member, the frame horns (79 and newer) and plates that extend down the side of the frame using the existing captive nuts.

Here is what the entire package looks like spread out.

There are a lot more pictures here: http://s149.photobucket.com/user/tadsal ... %20Bumpers

Feel free to contact me for a shipping quote.
Thanks,
Tad
ttsfabworks@cox.net
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/37" Trxus MT's
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project
TadRack Files-Open Source

Tad
Vendor

Re: TT'sFabworks 3-Piece NT Bumper Set

Postby Tad » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:20 pm

If you are curious bout shipping cost I priced this out going to PA from Tucson.
On a cross country trip I'm pretty happy if I can hit $1 per lb.
Here's the breakdown on the complete package.

Front and Rear 3-Piece Bumpers

Three boxes at 135lbs total.
To Pittsburg, PA @ $135.79

Box1:
Front center section with all mounts and hardware.
37x8x12 @ 47lbs
$49.46

Box2:
Rear center section with two brackets and hardware.
41x8x6 @ 30lbs
$34.68

Box3:
All four wings, two rear brackets, winch mount and hardware.
18x15x13 @ 58lbs
$51.85

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:43 pm

Sending ya a question via pm to not muddy the thread. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musicmaster

Postby musicmaster » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:24 pm

Kind of a dumb question... why wont it work with a lift?

Tad
Vendor

Postby Tad » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:07 am

musicmaster wrote:Kind of a dumb question... why wont it work with a lift?

Will not work with a body lift, was not designed to do that.

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Dr. Marneaus

Postby Dr. Marneaus » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Tad, these look pretty great! I'm surprised I havent seen this thread before. I love the clean and not way overdone look on them, they arent too big or obtrusive.

Have you sold many sets of these yet? Looks like they've only been available for about 6 months now.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Tad
Vendor

Postby Tad » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:25 pm

Dr. Marneaus wrote:Tad, these look pretty great! I'm surprised I havent seen this thread before. I love the clean and not way overdone look on them, they arent too big or obtrusive.

Have you sold many sets of these yet? Looks like they've only been available for about 6 months now.

Andrew,
I have a front stubby in Georgia and another full front in Hawaii.
As is typical it's hard to get pictures back but I just got a few from Georgia.

This customer is choosing the budget route.
Buying the center section and mounting hardware first, then when the budget allows (or depending on what is decided about fenders) he can add the wings later either NT or WT, then eventually add the bolt on winch mount.

I will work with customers on any options that are feasible but the one thing that must be decided in advance is the front tow points, I really burn these in and add that external backing plate to spread the force out, it would be really hard (not impossible) to add that after they were built.

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

Dr. Marneaus

Postby Dr. Marneaus » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:45 pm

I really like it. Its low key and not all ARGH EXTREEEEEEMMMMMEEEEEEEEE bro dozer status like so many winch bumpers are. That style suits alot of builds, but I'm a way bigger fan of low key clean options.

If I were to depart from my build philosophy of "stock but not" and wanted some aftermarket bumpers, this would be the route to go.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

fulsizjeep

Postby fulsizjeep » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:13 pm

I like these so much, I want them. :-bd
Sent from my IBM 5150 using TN5250 emulation.

Flint Boardman ~ http://jubileejeeps.org
Embracing the Borg Warner QuadraTrac since 1980 http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s, a few Evil Twin mods, http://eviltwinfab.com and a few TT's Fabworks mods, http://www.ttsfabworks.com
76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20

derf

Postby derf » Tue May 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Tad wrote:This customer is choosing the budget route.
Buying the center section and mounting hardware first, then when the budget allows (or depending on what is decided about fenders) he can add the wings later either NT or WT, then eventually add the bolt on winch mount.

I don't remember if I asked this already or not but do the WT extensions work on a J10? If so, are you coming to Ouray or are you able to send a package with someone who is?

Tad
Vendor

Postby Tad » Tue May 02, 2017 2:00 pm

derf wrote:I don't remember if I asked this already or not but do the WT extensions work on a J10? If so, are you coming to Ouray or are you able to send a package with someone who is?

Ouray for me is still up in the air but my house in NM did finally sell and that was a big part of it.
Transport is also an option, also keep in mind (not sure if it was mentioned above) I was able to ship an entire front minus the winch plate to HI for $160 and change, these things pack really well.
The WT and JTruck versions are the same.

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

derf

Postby derf » Tue May 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Tad wrote:
derf wrote:I don't remember if I asked this already or not but do the WT extensions work on a J10? If so, are you coming to Ouray or are you able to send a package with someone who is?

Ouray for me is still up in the air but my house in NM did finally sell and that was a big part of it.
Transport is also an option, also keep in mind (not sure if it was mentioned above) I was able to ship an entire front minus the winch plate to HI for $160 and change, these things pack really well.
The WT and JTruck versions are the same.

Cool. I'm about to move this weekend but I want to chat about a bumper for the truck when I'm settled. I'll hit you up directly when I'm ready.
KE0ITX

Check out my gear ratio calculator

If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape you have an electrical problem.

will e

Postby will e » Tue May 02, 2017 3:01 pm

I should know pretty soon if I am going to trailer the Jeep. If I am, I should have room in the bed of the pickup.
81 Wagoneer - 'WILL E' Retired

82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/custom bumpers and roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CB/dual batts/custom TC skid plate

j10jim

Postby j10jim » Tue May 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Tad, any interest in selling just a set of the side plates that run down the frame? How thick are they?
It looks like a quality product!
1980 J10/20
Rusty's 4" lift, 2" body lift, old Cliffhanger front bumper, 35" tires, 65 dash w Speedhut gauges

LONG time member of ifsja.org, FSJ-List and some others...

Tad
Vendor

Postby Tad » Wed May 03, 2017 4:03 am

j10jim wrote:Tad, any interest in selling just a set of the side plates that run down the frame? How thick are they?
It looks like a quality product!

That's actually how this all started, as basic builder parts for DIY bumper builders.
They are 1/4" thick and it's actually a 4-piece set for the front, the two side plates and two additional crossmember tie in brackets.
I make them longer than what you see there so they can be cut back or built up from in cases where folks have body lifts.
for the 63-78 folks it gives you a 1/2" front frame horn, for the 79 and newer folks it makes the frame horn area 5/8" thick.
For the rear it's similar although none of us have frame horns there and on a JTruck they needs a bit of grinding in the rear as there is an odd bump down about 4" forward from the rear crossmember.

All of these parts were designed to fit in a large flat rate USPS game box so pricing depends on what all is needed.
I can also price them with or without hardware as I know some folks have access to better prices on nuts and bolts than I do.

It's best to message me or use the email link off my website and I'll work with folks on what they need.
I will also work with folks via text or messenger once they are started, there is one classic mistake when building your bumpers that you don't want to make.

My Stuff:
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

shimniok

Postby shimniok » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:36 am

Wow those are ingenious on several levels!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

Return to “Vendors”