Vintage Air Distributor

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Vintage Air Distributor

Post by sonoraed »

I am a stocking distributor for Vintage Air (don't have everything but carry a lot of stuff) and have been installing and fixing A/C since the early 70's and have installed a VA Gen IV in my 79 J10 (see fasteddie in build section)
I also fabricate lines and hoses,aluminum,steel,stainless,standard barrier hose and reduced barrier,female o-ring fitting and male insert o-ring fittings fab'd,if your into SS teflon I have Gotta Show products $$$,if you want fittings that match the color of your truck we can powdercoat (color sample needed)
Can install A/C, but I specialize in Hot Rods and Muscle Cars and have backlog of usually 3-6 months.
If you need help, call me, but do your homework first and know the proper name of the parts or problem your talking about otherwise its way too frustrating for both of us
I can usually meet or beat Vintage Air price's from other vendors!

Ed Sunday
Sonora,Ca.

209-743-6350 cell
Last edited by sonoraed on Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

GaJeep94YJ

Re: Vintage Air Distributor

Post by GaJeep94YJ »

Can you make the lines to use the jeep a.c. With a Chevy compressor?

Lots of guys, myself included, swap in a 5.3 and are using the 5.3 a.c. compressor. But no one name replacement lines that will work with that compressors and the jeep's coils.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

is the compressor a Denso 10S20F? if so you will need adapters to convert the suction/discarge to #8/10 male o-ring,are you using the oem Jeep evap and condenser? what year is your Jeep, lots of ways to do the hoses so need to know how you want to do it!

GaJeep94YJ

Post by GaJeep94YJ »

I don't know what type of compressor. It is what ever is stock on a 2000 Yukon xl.

Do they make conversion adapters like that?

GaJeep94YJ

Post by GaJeep94YJ »

Oh yea, 79 Cherokee, using everything stock jeep except the compressor

GaJeep94YJ

Post by GaJeep94YJ »

This compressor:
http://m.advanceautoparts.com/h5/r/shop ... ompressors

If you have these please key me know before I try to splice my lines! I'll buy them today

AwesomeJ10

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

I need to get moving on my conversion. Not FSJ, but it tows my FSJ.

1975 GMC C35 1 ton dually with a 8.1L 496ci big block. I have the stock compressor for that engine. The truck is an A/C truck and it appears everything is there.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

GaJeep94YJ wrote:This compressor:
http://m.advanceautoparts.com/h5/r/shop ... ompressors

If you have these please key me know before I try to splice my lines! I'll buy them today

OK that compressor is a Denso 10S20F,Vintage doesn't have adapters,but you can google Denso 10S20F adapter and get loads of hits,they were on ebay for $58.95,next you need to decide where the service valve will be to charge the a/c, on my J10 I used two straight 8/10 fittings with 134a ports at the compressor and could access between the frame/fender wheel,next suction side to the evap at the fire wall,for the discharge to condenser inlet (topside) you need to tell me how you want to do it,as I said in my original post I will help but you need to tell what you want to do

GaJeep94YJ

Post by GaJeep94YJ »

Those adapters only seem to change from the denso to oring fittings. But the stock jeep has flare fittings right?

I'll put the charge ports wherever I can fit them.

So eBay adapter to go from denso to flare.

Then you have the charge port fittings? Well those convert to flare?

It would it be better to just get all new lines? If so how much would be each?

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

go to www.uacparts.com and look at fittings in their legacy catalog, should give you an idea of what you need,for you I recommend finding a shop that does a/c work and have them help you, today I'm headed out of town to a funeral be back next tuesday, Cheers

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Call, Text or PM me on latest prices for Vintage Air, I stock Gen IV magnum evaps,also Gen II's evaps, custom fabricated tubes in aluminum,steel and stainless, standard barrier and reduced barrier fittings and hoses in stock!!

swampedge

Post by swampedge »

Their catalog doesn't seem to be very friendly when looking up fittings. Are they cheaper than other suppliers?
You really are judged by the dogs you have!

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

swampedge wrote:Their catalog doesn't seem to be very friendly when looking up fittings. Are they cheaper than other suppliers?
the UAC reference is just to get an idea of what is available, there are a couple of places in Florida I know of that wholesale AC fittings, at home right now when I get to work will send you their phone#

swampedge

Post by swampedge »

I use various vendors such as coldhose etc...... Been doing A/C work since the mid 70's but I'm always looking for cheaper alternatives as I live in Florida so A/C is a must.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

swampedge wrote:I use various vendors such as coldhose etc...... Been doing A/C work since the mid 70's but I'm always looking for cheaper alternatives as I live in Florida so A/C is a must.
I can appreciate that, for price can't beat UAC esp if your buying in bulk, they have a warehouse in Florida but the Dallas warehouse is the biggest,quality is very good considering most parts are made in China,next I use GPD in Macon, Ga, and Omega/Santech in Dallas for Tubes N Hoses stuff Birds Radiator in Waxahatchie, Tx (know I spelled it wrong but too lazy to look it up) and then there's Ranshu in Reno massive compressor inventory but not cheap and good old Vintage Air which is expensive but quality is the best in the aftermarket.
I have bought some fabrication parts from a guy in Florida named Mike but can't remember the company name Mobile A/C Parts I think!

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Vintage Air GenIV Magnum #67400-VUZ universal evap only kit as of 06-01-2018 $605.00 plus freight to you from San Antonio, TX, if you are close to me (Sonora, Ca. central Calif.) I usually have them in stock. due to the many different types don't carry controls.
The Gen IV fits Full Size Jeeps like it was made especially for them,on 86 and newer FSJ can use the oem control head with mods, older FSJ's with individual round gauges is do able but haven't come up with something great, thinking maybe VA square control where the heater controls used to be,let me know if I can help!

swampedge

Post by swampedge »

I’m going to look into the other places you mentioned. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69gladiator

Post by 69gladiator »

can you make a complete set of hoses for a 82 Cherokee with a Sanden compressor. I am new to this AC stuff. Whats the story with splicing? It appears that the two hoses at the compressor are looking bad near the compressor. The thinner hose to the condenser appears to be covered with a hard material.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

69gladiator wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:43 pm can you make a complete set of hoses for a 82 Cherokee with a Sanden compressor. I am new to this AC stuff. Whats the story with splicing? It appears that the two hoses at the compressor are looking bad near the compressor. The thinner hose to the condenser appears to be covered with a hard material.
Hi Yes I can make them but the biggest problem is matching the original hoses without having them in my hands, so the best way for me is,
plan A---having vehicle in my shop (Sonora, Ca.)
plan B---having the hoses here in my shop
plan C---you remove the hoses and send me detailed pictures and measurements
plan D---find a shop in your area that does this kind of work, Hot rod shops that install Vintage Air might be a place to look
plan E---make your own using EZ crimp ac fittings, somewhat expensive product used on trucks and bus's,
Vintage Air sells this and is in their catalog
Let me what works for you, Cheers, Ed Sunday

69gladiator

Post by 69gladiator »

Thanks. If got a connection at hose shop but they’re trying to get out of doing Ac hoses. Thanks