Tailgate window upgrade to relay control.

User avatar
bwwhaler
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:33 am
Location: Wilmington NC

Re: Tailgate window upgrade to relay control.

Postby bwwhaler » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:53 pm

I know he ran a 30 amp breaker from the battery, then to the new dash switch then all the wires including hot wire back to the relays on the plate, once it gets there, he split the functions up through the relays, and it was fused there as well, had mine blow once, but I didn't mount mine like he said to, I just have it lying vertically in the bottom of the tailgate.
1987 GW 360/727/229 Performer intake Holley 670 32's 4" BJ's Springs CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness

chrisrkirby
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:10 am

Re: Tailgate window upgrade to relay control.

Postby chrisrkirby » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:29 am

bwwhaler wrote:I know he ran a 30 amp breaker from the battery, then to the new dash switch then all the wires including hot wire back to the relays on the plate, once it gets there, he split the functions up through the relays, and it was fused there as well, had mine blow once, but I didn't mount mine like he said to, I just have it lying vertically in the bottom of the tailgate.



Thank you, that does help. Is there any way you could take pictures of the relays and fuses on the board? I want to try and get everything as Rick did them.

Thanks again.

User avatar
bwwhaler
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:33 am
Location: Wilmington NC

Re: Tailgate window upgrade to relay control.

Postby bwwhaler » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:25 am

I will the next time I'm in there, I really don't like going in there, but every once in a while, I must...
1987 GW 360/727/229 Performer intake Holley 670 32's 4" BJ's Springs CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness

chrisrkirby
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:10 am

Re: Tailgate window upgrade to relay control.

Postby chrisrkirby » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:21 am

bwwhaler wrote:I will the next time I'm in there, I really don't like going in there, but every once in a while, I must...



I understand.....believe me, I truly understand.

Thank you

User avatar
dodgerammit
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:20 pm
Location: Middle TN

Re: Tailgate window upgrade to relay control.

Postby dodgerammit » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Got you guys covered. I tore my tailgate apart today and sketched up a diagram. I'm uploading it to the modified section.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red with Honey interior) AMC 360/727/229 TFI conversion, MSD streetfire ignition, D44/AMC20 :fsj:

chrisrkirby
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:10 am

Re: Tailgate window upgrade to relay control.

Postby chrisrkirby » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:29 am

dodgerammit wrote:Got you guys covered. I tore my tailgate apart today and sketched up a diagram. I'm uploading it to the modified section.


Thank you very much.....but, I can't find it.


Return to “Vendors”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests