Cheap J10 in Reno

Area for posting sales from Craigslist, eBay, Bring a Trailer, and other external sales sites.
Forum rules
This area is for posting items and vehicles from outside sales sites only. This includes sites such as Craigslist, eBay, and Bring a Trailer.

It does not have to be FSJ related, but please try and keep it FSJ related.

Post in this area will auto prune after 30 days. If a large number of post end up in this area, that time may be lowered.
jpcrzy

Cheap J10 in Reno

Postby jpcrzy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:18 pm

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/6082799842.html
Someone needs to hop on this.... maybe I could get the rear bumper as a finders fee :-bd
An optimist, looks at a glass as half full. A pessimist, looks at a glass as half empty. I am a realist, who drink my water? :roll:

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: Cheap J10 in Reno

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Thanks for posting that. I emailed him about it. Earliest I could go buy it is Friday and that's a bit of a road trip. I want it. Just don't know if he will wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:05 pm

Sent him a text too but no reply.☹️

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:25 pm

Ok... so I traded some messages with him. He said someone is coming tomorrow to look at it. I'm 99% sure it'll sell which sucks. It's a 17+ hr drive for me but I'd do it in a heartbeat if he had it this weekend. Seems it was his dads who passed away recently. He flew in to take care of stuff and can't stay past Wednesday evening. Looks to be a pretty solid truck, just what I was looking for to replace the suburban.

jpcrzy

Postby jpcrzy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:34 am

I hope it works out for you. I know how it feels to find the perfect Jeep, only to have it sold before you can get to it. Good luck buddy ;)
An optimist, looks at a glass as half full. A pessimist, looks at a glass as half empty. I am a realist, who drink my water? :roll:

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:29 am

ImageImageImage

Because we all like looking at a nice jeep...
I'm not letting myself get all hopeful as any jeep guy looking at this would probably be all over it. It is pretty clean looking.

ghcoe

Postby ghcoe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Photo stamps are 3 years old.
SW Idaho Overlanding: https://www.facebook.com/SWIdahoOverlan ... page_panel
1977 Jeep Cherokee WT
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
Safari Kit
Factory Brush Guard
Factory Tire Carrier
Custom Roof Rack

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:14 pm

ghcoe wrote:Photo stamps are 3 years old.

Interesting. Good catch. Hard to tell anymore if people on CL are legit.

Stuka
Site Admin

Postby Stuka » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:36 pm

This truck has been for sale before, same photos even.
1981 J10 AMC 258 with HEI and Weber 32/36 DGEV Carb, T176, NP208, D44/M23 with 4.56 gears and Detroit Locker, 6" lift, 33x12.50 Cooper STT's, BJ's Offroad Rear Dozer Bumper.
1975 Cherokee *Sold* :(
2008 JK 3.8, 6sp, NP241, 2.5" lift, 33's, 4.56's
1989 XJ Limited *Sold*
2005 KJ Limited *Sold*

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Guy said he'd let me know if it sold by the end of today. Given all this info I'm
A: doubtful he will call and
B: thinking it's a scam if he tells me it didn't sell. ☹️

jpcrzy

Postby jpcrzy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Sorry Ted, the ad shows sold. I hope that was you that got it. If not, they'll always be another. I felt really bad about posting it, after Stuka said it might be a scam. :(

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:19 pm

jpcrzy wrote:Sorry Ted, the ad shows sold. I hope that was you that got it. If not, they'll always be another. I felt really bad about posting it, after Stuka said it might be a scam. :(

No sir, it wasn't me. But the seller did me the curtesy of letting me know it sold. Some one got a screaming deal. Oh well. That's jeep life.
I'm actually pondering working on my XJ after the wife's waggy is functional. Get the XJ squared away and sell it. Use the funds to finance my Scrambler and Chief projects.

Bostonbob

Postby Bostonbob » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm

I know the guy that bought it , I got the job hauling it to him , it's still for sale. LMK if your serious , if he makes a few bucks and doesn't have to pay for shipping , I'm planning on getting it in the next 2 weeks 4/19/17 is today

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:12 pm

What do you think he wants for it? Shipping costs??

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Bostonbob wrote:I know the guy that bought it , I got the job hauling it to him , it's still for sale. LMK if your serious , if he makes a few bucks and doesn't have to pay for shipping , I'm planning on getting it in the next 2 weeks 4/19/17 is today

Hey,
He sent me a pm but it won't let me reply to him??
I was trying to send him this message:

"Hi Terry. I was actually second in like on the truck and had talked to Mark a bit via text messages. You beat me too it by a wee bit and Mark was stand up enough to go in order. I was a little disappointed in missing out on it but that's life sometimes.
I don't have a FB account and am not really sure if I can view without one. I'll try but if not, is there a way to see what your trying to show me without it?
I'm glad B-Bob let me (and you) know. I figured the truck was long gone. Let me see if I can find your FB link... I'll write back. Have to head to school now. Using my GI Bill for something I enjoy... Cars. Talk to ya later!
Ted"

Could you find out what hes wanting for it please?

biggie

Postby biggie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:58 am

I did purchase the '78 J10 near Reno. I'd be willing to sell sight unseen. Flipping it has always been the plan. I do have a bunch of pics that Mike sent me. I can forward those to interested parties. I do have a video of it being loaded on my FB page, https://www.facebook.com/BuegesClassicJ ... storation/.
The word from Mike, the seller, is the reason his dad stopped driving it was because the ring gear is bad. The old guy was tired of climbing underneath to turn the gear to a good spot so the starter would engage. However, it has been sitting 10-12 years so you can imagine what may have occurred in that time. Mike is providing a duplicate title. Apparently the original was misplaced after he was designated executor of the estate. He said delivery time is 4-6 weeks. If you are very interested party and can wait, I can work with that. I had the truck moved to a salvage yard in Carson City and they are charging me a reasonable daily rate until bostonbob hauls it to me or another buyer. Now that bad news. You realize this is my day job so I need to make some money. It did cost me $750 plus other expense so far. I'd like to get $3k out of it as is. Whatever bostonbob charges, (or whoever), for hauling is between you and them but he was going to hit me for about $1k. My plan was this. Bring it back here and sell as is, $4k, offer to perform necessary repairs to make drivable-time/materials, or offer it as a more complete project based on the purchasers wishes. If you're interested in any of these options please contact me. My phone # is 507/454-1364. I can be reached most anytime during the day. Email is jpfixitguy@hotmail.com. I am posting a similar message on several forums, but tedlovesjeeps71 is #1 on the interested list so far. BTW, bostonbob's's been a good contact for me and you can also ask him about me. Standing by.-T

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:00 am

Hey Terry. Not sure why I wasn't able to reply to your message so I'll post up here. I understand the desire/need to turn a profit... It is part of your business after all. Unfortunately I'm out by a longshot at that price point so I can only hope it goes to a good home. It looks pretty clean like I was looking for but having just come towards the end of getting the wife's Jeep road worthy after a 10 year field rescue, I couldn't give it what it needs. Congratulations on snatching it up, I have no doubt you'll find a buyer asap. Especially if you move it back east. Thanks for reaching out and letting us know!

P.S. you look to do some good work. I was digging looking around your site and liked some of your projects.

biggie

Postby biggie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Thank you. Once in a while even I get lucky!

tedlovesjeeps71

Postby tedlovesjeeps71 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:13 pm

biggie wrote:Thank you. Once in a while even I get lucky!

Haha... Yup. Fwiw, I think you only beat me to it by hours. That's more my luck. Lol! But no hard feelings... We are all jeepers! I hope whoever picks it up from you will post a thread on its resurrection.

Return to “Outside Postings”