Bodie Trip October 25

FSJ Related Events in the Pacific Time Zone

miltos68wgoneer

Re: Bodie Trip October 25

Post by miltos68wgoneer »

i always felt that with the rear fender skirt 33's looked too big. fender trim in the future would do the trick. Great looking rig BTW.That is why I stuck with 31's. Some progress before the trip for me though. I mounted the tire up and under the rear and find myself questioning the strength of the plastic retaining nut. I must address for peace of mind because my insurance coverage would not cover that tire going through the front of anything other than a pacer. Transfer case shifter is in and I engaged 4WD for the first time since the swap. Yes! OH yes! Now I just need to make some rain gutter mounts and stereo would be a ++. AM radio is not cutting it.
68 WAGONEER / 5.3l, DIY ported heads, long tube headers, lingenfelter cam, griffin rad, trans cooler, E fan /4l70e, front discs,2003 grand cherokee seats front and rear, super wagoneer center console,hydroboost.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

http://s64.photobucket.com/user/miltos6 ... t=3&page=1

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

rainman wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:
rainman wrote:New rubber on the jeep and hotel in Bridgeport booked!
31's or 33's?
Go big or stay home...33s

I foresee some fender trimming in my future
Awesome!
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

miltos68wgoneer

Trip is on the edge. Wife has to much work. I hope I can still make this happen. Hard to be persuasive when you're in the dog house.
68 WAGONEER / 5.3l, DIY ported heads, long tube headers, lingenfelter cam, griffin rad, trans cooler, E fan /4l70e, front discs,2003 grand cherokee seats front and rear, super wagoneer center console,hydroboost.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

rainman wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:
rainman wrote:New rubber on the jeep and hotel in Bridgeport booked!
31's or 33's?
Go big or stay home...33s

I foresee some fender trimming in my future
Woohoo! Looking great! You're welcome to check out the trim job the PO did on my wag that isnt really noticeable unless you know where to look.

So you'd still like the spare?
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

miltos68wgoneer wrote:Trip is on the edge. Wife has to much work. I hope I can still make this happen. Hard to be persuasive when you're in the dog house.
1.Bring kids and yourself.
2. let wife get work done
3.?????
4. Profit
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

rainman

Post by rainman »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:So you'd still like the spare?
Yes and thank you!
1987 Grand Wagoneer
5.2L/46RH/NP229/4"/31s/4.56/ARBs
Current FSJ status: Mostly functional...mostly

miltos68wgoneer

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
miltos68wgoneer wrote:Trip is on the edge. Wife has to much work. I hope I can still make this happen. Hard to be persuasive when you're in the dog house.
1.Bring kids and yourself.
2. let wife get work done
3.?????
4. Profit
That's where I'm leaning.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

rainman wrote:
Yes and thank you!
So Upon Closer inspection, I'm not really comfortable giving you the "weird" tire. because it has areas where the sidewall is separating from whatever the hell layer is underneath it. I'll give you the next gooder one. It has 2 minor splits in a similar fashion to the ones on the weird tire, but they arent bad. On the weird tire i could actually get my finger under the flaps that were splitting, this one just has 2 minor half inch long cracks. Should be perfect for a spare. I dont feel comfortable giving you the other one, but I'll give you this better one :-)

Disclaimer simply to cover my ass: you should never ever ever ever ever try to drive on this tire ever.

There, lol.

rainman

Post by rainman »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
rainman wrote:
Yes and thank you!
So Upon Closer inspection, I'm not really comfortable giving you the "weird" tire. because it has areas where the sidewall is separating from whatever the hell layer is underneath it. I'll give you the next gooder one. It has 2 minor splits in a similar fashion to the ones on the weird tire, but they arent bad. On the weird tire i could actually get my finger under the flaps that were splitting, this one just has 2 minor half inch long cracks. Should be perfect for a spare. I dont feel comfortable giving you the other one, but I'll give you this better one :-)

Disclaimer simply to cover my ass: you should never ever ever ever ever try to drive on this tire ever.

There, lol.
Meh...I've probably driven on worse either way. It only needs to get me off the trail...or maybe to AAA tow range.
1987 Grand Wagoneer

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

rainman wrote:
Meh...I've probably driven on worse either way. It only needs to get me off the trail...or maybe to AAA tow range.
Well then this better one will work. It's already loaded into the jeep. Are you camping? Or meeting up Sunday.

Us guys that are camping, how many are we? Are we going to go to breakfast on Sunday am? I'm only planning to bring food for Friday night and may actually eat in town.

rainman

Post by rainman »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:Well then this better one will work. It's already loaded into the jeep. Are you camping? Or meeting up Sunday.
I hope to meet up with you Saturday afternoon with enough time to find a tire shop mount and balance the spare tire. Maybe we can find a suitable place for dinner too.
Dr. Marneaus wrote:Us guys that are camping, how many are we? Are we going to go to breakfast on Sunday am? I'm only planning to bring food for Friday night and may actually eat in town.
Staying at hotel in Bridgeport (with family.) Breakfast is allegedly included in our stay, but I like a heartier breakfast so wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere tasty with more/most/all of the group.
1987 Grand Wagoneer

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

We are planning to eat in town on Saturday but are bringing dinner just in case. Will also be Sunday lunch if needed. Breakfast on Sunday sounds good. Nicely's in Leevining will work. It son the way and we know it will be open. Still not sure what time we will be there Saturday, planning on noon o'clock at latest.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

miltos68wgoneer

We are rolling into camp around 8:00pm Jeep Gods willing. I hate setting up camp at night let alone driving mountain roads at night. I'll light a fire first to keep the kids warm. I do not know if we are in for breakfast yet or not, kind of on a tight budget
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

rainman wrote: Staying at hotel in Bridgeport (with family.) Breakfast is allegedly included in our stay, but I like a heartier breakfast so wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere tasty with more/most/all of the group.
I was thinking maybe we would meet up in Lee Vining at Nicelys, or at lease the camping folks because its on the way to Bodie from June Lake.
Cheap Hobby wrote:We are planning to eat in town on Saturday but are bringing dinner just in case. Will also be Sunday lunch if needed. Breakfast on Sunday sounds good. Nicely's in Leevining will work. It son the way and we know it will be open. Still not sure what time we will be there Saturday, planning on noon o'clock at latest.
I agree with the above. I was planning to eat at the food truck at the brewery, but that also depends on if and how many fishes I catch. Either way I am going to be bringing Reuben supplies and my pudgy pie irons yum! that should provide dinner and lunch if it aint a poke stack from the food truck or some fresh trout. I'll probably bring a gas grill too in case of the fishes. Breakfast in the AM at Nicely's it is!
miltos68wgoneer wrote:We are rolling into camp around 8:00pm Jeep Gods willing. I hate setting up camp at night let alone driving mountain roads at night. I'll light a fire first to keep the kids warm. I do not know if we are in for breakfast yet or not, kind of on a tight budget
I'd be glad to lend a hand, set up a tent, light the fire, entertain the kids with the dog, drink some of your beer to help lighten your cooler, etc.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Also this is my rough itinerary if anybody wants to know when/where to find me. turns out i will be flying Solo, my buddy who was going to tag along cant make it.

6:00 Depart my house, drop woman off at airport, drive south.

9:00-9:30 (jeep gods willing): Arrive at Virginia Lakes/Trumbull for some fishing. Anybody who wants to join is welcome.

12:00-1:00? Arrive in June Lake. Will likely get set up at camp, then head into town for beer and food. Or maybe the other way around. would be nice if anybody else is up there at this point to meet up.

Sometime in the late afternoon: Go back to camp, consume more beer, burn wood, cook some food or whatever. I guess this time depends on if I am still alone or what.

I sent out a PM so we can hopefully get each others phone numbers. Feel free to contact me at any point if you want to meet up or whatever.

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

At this point in time we have to back out. 4 week client has turned in to a 6 week client. Have to cancel campsite as soon as get back from Palm Springs this evening. Sucks.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

miltos68wgoneer

Dr. Marneaus wrote:I'd be glad to lend a hand, set up a tent, light the fire, entertain the kids with the dog, drink some of your beer to help lighten your cooler, etc.
Thank you, but I'll be there tonight. Unless I misunderstood your plans, I thought you were heading up tomorrow?
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

miltos68wgoneer wrote:
Dr. Marneaus wrote:I'd be glad to lend a hand, set up a tent, light the fire, entertain the kids with the dog, drink some of your beer to help lighten your cooler, etc.
Thank you, but I'll be there tonight. Unless I misunderstood your plans, I thought you were heading up tomorrow?
Whoops, yeah, nevermind. I'll still drink your beer though if you need help with that!

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Cheap Hobby wrote:At this point in time we have to back out. 4 week client has turned in to a 6 week client. Have to cancel campsite as soon as get back from Palm Springs this evening. Sucks.
BEEPY. I know how that goes though.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

miltos68wgoneer wrote:

What campsite are you at? I'm at 002