Bodie Trip October 25

FSJ Related Events in the Pacific Time Zone

Dr. Marneaus

Re: Bodie Trip October 25

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Cheap Hobby wrote:Correct for wheeling. Geez your going to make get up and get moving. Are you heading for June Lake Campground down by the marina?
I wanted to leave Reno at 3am but my wife was all 'I need a ride to the airport at like 6' so maybe I can convince her to get dropped off at 5?

And yes June lake campground. Or whatever that RV resort is where my buddy's fsmily normally stays when we go fishing up there.

I'd like to hit Virginia lakes first thing in the AM So if I leave here around 5 I think it's dowble. Prolly get there around 7:30
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Fly or bait fishing Dr M?
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Tatsadasayago wrote:Fly or bait fishing Dr M?
Bait
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

miltos68wgoneer

Post by miltos68wgoneer »

camping reservations made. No turning back now. she better keep running. i also hope I don't have to hear generators running all day and night. Just a personal peeve of mine.
68 WAGONEER / 5.3l, DIY ported heads, long tube headers, lingenfelter cam, griffin rad, trans cooler, E fan /4l70e, front discs,2003 grand cherokee seats front and rear, super wagoneer center console,hydroboost.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

http://s64.photobucket.com/user/miltos6 ... t=3&page=1

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

miltos68wgoneer wrote:camping reservations made. No turning back now. she better keep running. i also hope I don't have to hear generators running all day and night. Just a personal peeve of mine.
what site did you pick? Lets all try get close.

We maybe coulda done a group site?

miltos68wgoneer

03. 02 and 01 are still available last I logged in
68 WAGONEER / 5.3l, DIY ported heads, long tube headers, lingenfelter cam, griffin rad, trans cooler, E fan /4l70e, front discs,2003 grand cherokee seats front and rear, super wagoneer center console,hydroboost.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

There's 2 trails to chose from heading into Bodie, Bodie-Aurora Canyon and the Masonic Road. Masonic is a little longer, Aurora Canyon is a little more 'closed in.' There is an old town site and mining equipment to look at on the Masonic, but not as pretty scenery. I also talked to the lady that owns the Jolly Kone today, she does not anticipate being open by the end of October. With people camping, do we want to plan on picnic lunches and do some more trail time? I'm down for that to see more ghost town stuff.
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

miltos68wgoneer

I am all about the road less traveled, especially if it is longer. But then again I'll have children in tow and a 4 hour drive home on a school night.maybe we can start earlier?
53 CHEVY 210 stock

rainman

Post by rainman »

I like the idea of starting earlier and picnicing along the way. I too will have a 4 hour drive home on a school night. Is there another resurant in town we could meet for breakfast maybe?
1987 Grand Wagoneer
5.2L/46RH/NP229/4"/31s/4.56/ARBs
Current FSJ status: Mostly functional...mostly

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

We too have to get back it is a work night for the mean woman. There is Nicely's in Leevining and several in Bridgeport. I'll check for season and hours and meals served and get back to you. A couple are on Main Street and one is just off. Will be getting reservation for June Lake Campground in morning have to work a double tonight.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Earlier is good. I still have to drive about 2hrs-30 mins Sunday morning. 1030 at the trailhead? If we go Masonic into Bodie then back on the Aurora Canyon road that should be about 4-5 hours including checking out the old mining ruins, getting the long haulers home around 2000. There is a picnic area on the Masonic Road and at Bodie of course.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

I just reserved site 2.

I realized Saturday is the last day of the season, lol. As of Sunday the campground is closed.

Theres a good breakfast spot in Lee Vining for those of us staying in June, which is on the way to Bodie.

I'm up for whatever in regard to picnic and trail.

Oh and good news, well maybe good news. The wife just gave me the go ahead and I ordered a set of new tires for the wag since they were on sale. I guess I'll be driving the old girl (jeep, not wife) after all! Woohoo!
Last edited by Dr. Marneaus on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

miltos68wgoneer

Dr. Marneaus wrote:I just reserved site 2.

I realized Saturday is the last day of the season, lol. As of Sunday the campground is closed.

Theres a good breakfast spot in Lee Vining for those of us staying in June, which is on the way to Bodie.

I'm up for whatever in regard to picnic and trail.

Oh and good news, well maybe good news. The wife just gave me the go ahead and I ordered a set of new tires for the wag since they were on sale. I guess I'll be driving the old girl (jeep, not wife) after all! Woohoo!
Hope my kids aren't too much for my weekend neighbors. Also going to tAke the kids fishing for their first time Saturday morning. Hope they get lucky.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Milto don't worry about the kids that is what the lake is for. That or your kids can wear out our dogs.

Dr. M would that be Nicely's?
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Cheap Hobby wrote:Milto don't worry about the kids that is what the lake is for. That or your kids can wear out our dogs.

Dr. M would that be Nicely's?

Yessir, Nicelys

And yeah don't worry about the kids. I'll be immune to any disturbances after a few beers haha.

miltos68wgoneer

Is there a brewery near there for a growler fill?
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

miltos68wgoneer wrote:Is there a brewery near there for a growler fill?

Yup. June lake brewery is about 3 minutes away In June lake. Mammoth brewing is about half an hour away and in my opinion is better beer. Though the June lake smoked porter is pretty awesome. They do half growler cans too.

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

I just acquired a pair of chrome wagon wheel rims with tires. Tires are good for spares but rims are nice. Any takers coming on the Bodie trip? Price is Free! Pics if wanted.

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Tats, how about 99 and 120 east in Manteca for a meet up spot Saturday morning? There is a Black Bear and AMPM on that side. You and RM can call the time. It is maybe 20 minutes from our house.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

That sounds like a plan!
Milt is in the south about 40 minutes from me so maybe we can do a quick meet near his place then meet you at the gas station.
Rainman is from this area too I recall but I don't know when he and the family are heading out.
Safety in numbers and all that.

This is all contingent on whether or not I can skip/reschedule a chemo session on that Friday or not. I'm usually too sick to do anything for several days afterward...
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation