Bodie Trip October 25

FSJ Related Events in the Pacific Time Zone

Tatsadasayago

Re: Bodie Trip October 25

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Hey CH,
I saw a copy of your PM in my email but not on the site PM inbox.
I am hoping to make it a two-day event if I can make it. If I can go, I'll be solo and staying at the Cherokee Motel in a sleeping bag. :)
Lots of things going on around here and have priority unfortuneately. Dang LIFE getting in the way of JeepStuff...
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Let me know it's 2 vehicles per site and we are only planning on 1 at the moment.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Man now I wanna go camping. I mean I just went last weekend but it's never enough.

The wife will be gone that weekend for a wedding.

Could roll up saturday, do some fishing, hit the brewery, tiger bar, cook a few trout (lake willing).......hmmmmmmmmmm now you all got me thinking.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Yesh...da powah of suggestion...

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Would you guys mind some company?
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Seeing as how I am not sure if I can make it yet, I'm leaving the choice of where I spend the night open. I prefer to drive up into a canyon and make a dry camp but will leave it to random impulse, peer-pressure and prevailing weather conditions.
If nothing else we can go full wussy and head to a campground... :P

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Full wussy it is. The more the merrier. I have slept in canyons all over the east side. This isn't one of those trips. Ha HA let the jinx begin. Camp grounds make for a happy wife for weekend trips. Having folks in one spot will make getting to the craft fair in Bridgeport on time easier. We are shooting for a noon o'clock arrival.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Noon on Saturday?
If I can make it, I plan on heading out of Sactown in the AM and being in the area mid/late afternoon. Wanna setup a meetup location?

Average Dave

Post by Average Dave »

I don't think I can make it to this one :/ My transmission developed a new habit of only using first and third gear when moving forward so I'll have to figure that out before taking any fun trips. Also I feel like the likelihood of a craft fair on this trip is low so I'll wait for the odds to go back up.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Average Dave wrote:I don't think I can make it to this one :/ My transmission developed a new habit of only using first and third gear when moving forward so I'll have to figure that out before taking any fun trips. Also I feel like the likelihood of a craft fair on this trip is low so I'll wait for the odds to go back up.
arent those the only 2 gears that matter? lol

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

I plan to leave reno Saturday at the crack of dawn. Actually at the crack of the instant I drop my wife off at the airport. I was hoping to get some fishing in the AM while they are still biting but we shall see. Prolly get to the area around 9-10am.

then the actual wheeling meet up is Sunday right?

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Correct for wheeling. Geez your going to make get up and get moving. Are you heading for June Lake Campground down by the marina?

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Tats, are you thinking meet along way or at the lake? We are going to June take 120 over Tioga easiest for us.

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

One of the Reno 4x4 guys is wondering if the plan is to take the trail back out of Bodie? How long does it take to traverse? His plan was to trailer his J20 down, do the trail to bodie n back, then trailer home. I've never taken the trail so I don't know if timewise that's do-able. He's rolling 42's so a road trip down there isn't in his cards.
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Cheap Hobby wrote:Tats, are you thinking meet along way or at the lake? We are going to June take 120 over Tioga easiest for us.
I was originally thinking about rolling up 50 to the summit and taking the highway south along the border. I suppose it would be faster if I went down on 99 and turned left onto 120 though. More parts houses and gas stations on that route :)

I still don't know if I can make it, but if so, it would be cool to meet up with you and possibly Milt down there and roll east as an FSJ convoy.

rainman

Post by rainman »

Renodemona wrote:One of the Reno 4x4 guys is wondering if the plan is to take the trail back out of Bodie? How long does it take to traverse? His plan was to trailer his J20 down, do the trail to bodie n back, then trailer home. I've never taken the trail so I don't know if timewise that's do-able. He's rolling 42's so a road trip down there isn't in his cards.
My book says 26.7 miles and 3-4 hours. I think that includes a couple short side trips. Map shows shorter unpaved road back to Bridgeport.
1987 Grand Wagoneer
5.2L/46RH/NP229/4"/31s/4.56/ARBs
Current FSJ status: Mostly functional...mostly

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

Heya RM! Are you thinking of coming along?

miltos68wgoneer

Post by miltos68wgoneer »

I am also going south before east.120 most likely but there are other routes.I am shooting for a late Friday night run when all the parts stores are closed.
68 WAGONEER / 5.3l, DIY ported heads, long tube headers, lingenfelter cam, griffin rad, trans cooler, E fan /4l70e, front discs,2003 grand cherokee seats front and rear, super wagoneer center console,hydroboost.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

http://s64.photobucket.com/user/miltos6 ... t=3&page=1

rainman

Post by rainman »

Tatsadasayago wrote:Heya RM! Are you thinking of coming along?

Yes! Likely with family in tow. Hoping to be there saturday afternoon. Camping is way to much work with the little one so we will probably get a hotel room in town. If it ends up just being me I'll just sleep in the jeep.
1987 Grand Wagoneer
5.2L/46RH/NP229/4"/31s/4.56/ARBs
Current FSJ status: Mostly functional...mostly

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

miltos68wgoneer wrote:I am also going south before east.120 most likely but there are other routes.I am shooting for a late Friday night run when all the parts stores are closed.
Ahh yer a risk-taker living on the edge....
:lol: