Bodie Trip October 25

FSJ Related Events in the Pacific Time Zone

Topic author
Renodemona

Re: Bodie Trip October 25

Post by Renodemona »

Here's the wheels, will be happy to bring them for anyone.

"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

miltos68wgoneer

Post by miltos68wgoneer »

I was shooting for leaving around 3:00 on Friday. But I am sure you guys will catch-up. We will be the primed grey 68 on the side of the road somewhere between here and there. I hope I can fit the camping gear in the back with all the tools and parts I'll probably be hauling.If I don't get the spare under mount done that tire will take up any room back there. :D I have to run to Pick n gouge for one of them fancy cable operated units.
68 WAGONEER / 5.3l, DIY ported heads, long tube headers, lingenfelter cam, griffin rad, trans cooler, E fan /4l70e, front discs,2003 grand cherokee seats front and rear, super wagoneer center console,hydroboost.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

http://s64.photobucket.com/user/miltos6 ... t=3&page=1

rainman

Post by rainman »

Saturday will be a "game-time" decision. If I'm rolling full family We'll probably take 50-89-395 since it is the shortest and fastest (and we'll be staying at a hotel in Bridgeport) and who knows what time we'll actually hit the road. If I'm flying solo, I'm down for whatever and would like to split a camp site at June Lake (that is the plan..yes?) with y'all.

If we take 120, we have to pay NP entrance fee. Last time I went it was $20 per car but that was 5+ years ago.

This is all dependent on me acquiring a set of tires in the next two weeks. I had a blowout Friday on the way to Ventura (thankfully with an empty tow dolly) and my remaining tires are at the end of there safe life (~10 years). I was hoping they would last till i figured out what I wanted to do with possible axle upgrades (8-lug with 16" or 17" wheels.) And I've already bought a set of tires for each of our DDs this year.
1987 Grand Wagoneer
5.2L/46RH/NP229/4"/31s/4.56/ARBs
Current FSJ status: Mostly functional...mostly

miltos68wgoneer

My daughter is in fourth grade so family can enter any federal park for free for the year and thought we would take advantage of that.
68 WAGONEER / 5.3l, DIY ported heads, long tube headers, lingenfelter cam, griffin rad, trans cooler, E fan /4l70e, front discs,2003 grand cherokee seats front and rear, super wagoneer center console,hydroboost.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

rainman wrote:
This is all dependent on me acquiring a set of tires in the next two weeks. I had a blowout Friday on the way to Ventura (thankfully with an empty tow dolly) and my remaining tires are at the end of there safe life (~10 years). I was hoping they would last till i figured out what I wanted to do with possible axle upgrades (8-lug with 16" or 17" wheels.) And I've already bought a set of tires for each of our DDs this year.
I feel you on this one. I'm picking up my new tires today or tomorrow.

Just FYI, BFG's are on sale at 4 wheel parts and have free shipping. I paid 145 each for some 33x10.50's. I think 31's are like $135 each.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

miltos68wgoneer

I have two firestones with good tread but their older. But they are not bald and if you are in a pinch
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

So I still have a bunch of that tailgate crap (though it is in the trash can) if anybody wants it, and i still have the tailgate.

I also have 2 33x10.50's BFG mud terrains that would make great spares, these I cant give away but am asking $30 each if somebody wants them. they are 6 years old but still have about 50% tread.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

rainman

Post by rainman »

miltos68wgoneer wrote:I have two firestones with good tread but their older. But they are not bald and if you are in a pinch
31x10.5r15? That might have to work since 4WP called me this morning and said my tires are on back order till next month.
1987 Grand Wagoneer

miltos68wgoneer

[quote=

Just FYI, BFG's are on sale at 4 wheel parts and have free shipping. I paid 145 each for some 33x10.50's. I think 31's are like $135 each.[/quote]
Holy cow I paid too much and I get a discount.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

miltos68wgoneer

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
rainman wrote:
I feel you on this one. I'm picking up my new tires today or tomorrow.

Just FYI, BFG's are on sale at 4 wheel parts and have free shipping. I paid 145 each for some 33x10.50's. I think 31's are like $135 each.

Holy cow, I PAID TOO MUCH AS ALWAYS even with A DISCOUNT!
But at least I scored a defender rack today, 3.5x6. 250 mile round trip without a AAA call. She did start running hotter than I have seen her run in the past. She does not like bay area traffic. I don't blame her, neither do I! But I will take a look since the Bodie trail will be parade lap speeds. I did however only burn 1/2 a tank! clogged fuel filter making her run lean and hot? speculation is my friend. Rainman, americas tire will price match! They have a larger inventory than 4 Wheel parts.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

rainman wrote:
miltos68wgoneer wrote:I have two firestones with good tread but their older. But they are not bald and if you are in a pinch
31x10.5r15? That might have to work since 4WP called me this morning and said my tires are on back order till next month.

Oh noez!

you have to make it one way or another...I gotta get you that spare!

Do yourself a favor and as suggested above check Americas tire and also check discount tire. Discount will also price match anything and I know they mount and balance for less than 4wp!

rainman

Post by rainman »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
rainman wrote:

Oh noez!

you have to make it one way or another...I gotta get you that spare!

Do yourself a favor and as suggested above check Americas tire and also check discount tire. Discount will also price match anything and I know they mount and balance for less than 4wp!
I may be waffeling on the 33s. We'll see how the next few days play out.
1987 Grand Wagoneer

miltos68wgoneer

my sister in law might be rolling with a lifted Tahoe but if they back out then I would be down to share a site. This is why i ave not offered sooner. Well this and I like to let my kids let loose and stay young when we camp. But we are a rowdy bunch mind you and I will be sampling copious amounts of June lake breweries finest and worst offerings. This is ,of course, if I am not under the wagon fixen broken BEEP.!
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Still no problem with kids I have ear plugs in truck. We have site 3 and listed as 2 vehicles in case somebody needs space.
Remember to bring proper clothes forecast is 60s during days and 30s at night. Your Friday is forecast for 20s that night so bring you fur sheets
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

miltos68wgoneer

Yeah, I will need some warmer bedding. Time to bust out the wool and down blankets.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Was planning to bring my 0 degree bag. I'll bring an extra blankie too

rainman

Post by rainman »

New rubber on the jeep and hotel in Bridgeport booked!
1987 Grand Wagoneer

miltos68wgoneer

I still have to make a mount for my spare, install my transfer case shifter and make gutter mounts for the rack.hopefully only one days work.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

rainman wrote:New rubber on the jeep and hotel in Bridgeport booked!
31's or 33's?

rainman

Post by rainman »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
rainman wrote:New rubber on the jeep and hotel in Bridgeport booked!
31's or 33's?
Go big or stay home...33s

I foresee some fender trimming in my future
1987 Grand Wagoneer