Meetup 8/23/15 Placerville CA (Event finalized)

FSJ Related Events in the Pacific Time Zone

Topic author
Renodemona

Meetup 8/23/15 Placerville CA (Event finalized)

Post by Renodemona »

Welcome Full Size Jeepers!
We've set the date for August 23rd 2015 in Placerville, CA for the Pizza, Placerville, and Pavement-less meet up! For those who don't know, Placerville (once known as hangtown) is a quaint mining town located on US50 in El Dorado County. It is an easy drive from Sacramento, Sonora, Reno, and the Central Valley. Here is the schedule of events and locations:

1100: Meet at Pizza Bene http://www.eatpizzabene.com/
1200-1300 or so: Consume pizza, pasta, beverages, etc. Talk about how awesome your Jeep is.
1300-1330: head over to the trail head. Slate Mountain Trail is an 18 mile class 2 trail with a class 3 cutoff. We will run the class 3 spur (about 6 miles total with 2 of it class 3) The trail starts at the fire lookout tower and loops around back to Mosquito Rd, or vice-versa.
1600: head out back home to tell others how awesome your jeep is.

We recently moved this event back a week. PLEASE POST UP!!!! I'd like to get as many folks as possible out for a fun day! Jeep not running? That's ok, come anyway and meet some cool people and lament about how awesome your Jeep will be one day. Laugh at the foolishness of Full-Size Jeep Ownership while marveling at the greatness of Full-Size Jeep Ownership! As Always, PM me for phone numbers and contact info if you have more questions. See you there!
Last edited by Renodemona on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Meetup 8/23/15 Placerville CA (Event finalized)

Post by Stuka »

Is that an early enough meetup time? How fast do they actually serve pizza there? With most of us having a decent drive home, would be nice to start a bit earlier. That way in case there is a mishap, and things take longer than expected, we get home at an ok time.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

I'm in! :fsj:
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

I'm in! Vroom Vroom! (or should I say Vroom putt putt sputter putt putt?)
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Also, which way are you planning to drive? Through Auburn or through South lake Tahoe? They are almost exactly the same in terms of mileage and time. I have a feeling the northern route will be better/easier though, and we know out jeeps can make that drive haha.

If Owen is in we should convoy.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

nightglide

Post by nightglide »

I'm in as long as I don't have to work....
77 J10 360/T18/Dana20
Fitech fuel injection
4" Lift....3" body lift....35" ats

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

We could do 1100. I've never been but one of my old HS buddies did the wiring and he says they are pretty quick. An extra hour might not hurt. Let's go 1100 then!

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

I was planning on 50. The 49 between Auburn and points south ssssuuuuuuuucks and makes me vomit. Spooner pass is lower than Donner. I agree we should convoy. There is also a person in Carson (not on the forums) that is wanting to come too and we can meet right there at the bottom of 50 for a mega convoy.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

I am in BTW, just wont be in the J10. Still tracking down some ghosts in it. Plus the JK has AC :)

But will bring along my normal setup of tools and such just in case anybody has a mishap.
2017 JKU Rubicon

Average Dave

Post by Average Dave »

I'm in barring some catastrophic jeep failure before then. I am pretty excited to meet some other full size owners. I think Echo summit on 50 is a little higher than Donner but my heep made it no problem a couple weeks ago. and I think you get better views going that way.

rainman

Post by rainman »

Put me down as a maybe. I need to do some front axle work (brakes and/or bearings) before i drive it much more.
1987 Grand Wagoneer
5.2L/46RH/NP229/4"/31s/4.56/ARBs
Current FSJ status: Mostly functional...mostly

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Stuka wrote:I am in BTW, just wont be in the J10. Still tracking down some ghosts in it. Plus the JK has AC :)

But will bring along my normal setup of tools and such just in case anybody has a mishap.
booooooooooo

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Renodemona wrote:I was planning on 50. The 49 between Auburn and points south ssssuuuuuuuucks and makes me vomit. Spooner pass is lower than Donner. I agree we should convoy. There is also a person in Carson (not on the forums) that is wanting to come too and we can meet right there at the bottom of 50 for a mega convoy.
Cool cool. We'll see what the trip holds!

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
Stuka wrote:I am in BTW, just wont be in the J10. Still tracking down some ghosts in it. Plus the JK has AC :)

booooooooooo
Well its either I make the drive in the JK, or I make part of the drive in the J10. Its currently pining really bad since I put the HEI in. Need to fine tune the vacuum advance as it happens when the secondary opens. Not worth blowing the engine to try and make the drive up there.
2017 JKU Rubicon

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
-_-
2017 JKU Rubicon

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

We be there. Just not sure in what. Probably 250. Just have to see how everything goes, picked up engine today from machine shop. Now it's tab A in slot B time. That and remember what box has what.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Any of you guys need any tailgate parts?

I have:

- a full tailgate shell that doesn't have any major dents or anything. Still has hinges and torsion springs.

-the side latches and the latch release mechanism. One of the arms on the release is a little wavy but not bad and it still holds and releases.

- a center trim piece that says 'cherokee' a few minor scratches but it's not really pitted or anything. Has the wires for the light and the light.

-The arms that hold the tailgate to the side body.

- I may have the glass available but not sure yet if I need it yet.

I can bring any of those to the meet

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

I have a razor grill, fair condition with a couple dents, a york compressor that works with brackets for 304/360/401. Will trade either for a Dr. Pepper or a glass of Beer. Will bring if interested.

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Hey that was gonna be my asking price!

Lol.

But yeah if anybody wants any of that stuff just let me know. I'm tryng to pay forward some recent jeep related kindness that has been bestowed upon me.

Here's the stuffs: