Short Notice - Antelope Lake (Susanville-ish) Camping 7/24-7/26

FSJ Related Events in the Pacific Time Zone

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Short Notice - Antelope Lake (Susanville-ish) Camping 7/24-7/26

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

The wife and I haven't busted out the camper for about 9 months and we are itching to get out. I opened it up today and fixed a bunch of crap so we could hopefully take it out this coming weekend.

We are planning to head to Antelope Lake, CA. This is not too far outside of Susanville. Closest towns are Janesville and Taylorsville. Our neighbor said the water level was decent when they were there recently. USDA website touts that this is one of the most remote and secluded lakes in the plumas national forest area, so sounds dang perfect to me, assuming my pile can make the drive lol.

We are planning to head out on Friday after work then go home Sunday. Its about a 2 hour drive for us by normal car, so maybe 3 hours by FSJ. Looks like there are 4 campground with both RV and tent camping.

We are gonna be there. Anybody that wants to join is more than welcome! Good times to be had by all!
Last edited by Dr. Marneaus on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Re: Short Notice - Antelope Lake (Susanville-ish) Camping 7/17-7/19

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

P.S. if anybody decides they can make it we can choose a mutual meeting spot or have one person scout out campgrounds based on arrival time, or whatever.
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Re: Short Notice - Antelope Lake (Susanville-ish) Camping 7/17-7/19

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

This is being bumped back a week, to the weekend of the 25th. the damn dog sprained its foot or whatever and cant walk. It couldnt even get out of the car on its own so I cant take it camping.

Hopefully it's mobile by next weekend. Stupid animal!

Tatsadasayago

Re: Short Notice - Antelope Lake (Susanville-ish) Camping 7/24-7/26

Post by Tatsadasayago »

My Chief is still sidelined with differential issues or I'd be inclined. I love that area and have an envy.
Be safe and enjoy!
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation