Sierra Nevada FSJ's Fall Camping Trip - Bridgeport, CA

FSJ Related Events in the Pacific Time Zone

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Sierra Nevada FSJ's Fall Camping Trip - Bridgeport, CA

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Hi Everbody!

I know this is somewhat short notice, but we had posted it on the facebook group and been discussing it for several weeks on there.

When: October 5th
Where: Green Creek Campground or just outside of the campground on public land.
Less specific where: Few miles outside of Bridgeport, CA.

Plan is to camp, preferably at a group suitable area, just outside of Green Creek Campground. There were several spots located within national forest land, that were big enough for several vehicles. This provides easy access to fishing up at Virginia Lakes, as well as access to Bridgeport, Bodie, Mono Lake, lots of hiking trails at the trail head, or however far you feel like driving. I don't know much about specific off road trails in there area, but I saw a bunch of roads going off into nowhere.

The road in is a wide graded gravel road. Its 100% 2wd friendly. I saw a big RV parked out there in a spot outside the campground. The road is mega washboardy.

I intend to bring my little trailer behind the Wagoneer.

Its easy to find, despite the fact that I got lost the first time I tried to camp there. Just south of Bridgeport, take Green Creek Road. Drive 11 miles. Arrive.

I was up there 3 weeks ago and in the areas outside the campground they seemed very strict about no campfires, so, plan accordingly.

Anyway, let us know if you're in! I'll have this posted on the Sierra Nevada FSJ's facebook page too, as an event.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/554885131351783/
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Re: Sierra Nevada FSJ's Fall Camping Trip - Bridgeport, CA

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

I guess it's just gonna be the cool kids! Milton and I!
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

I have been considering it. Its about a 2 hour drive, so not bad. But not sure I can swing an overnight trip. But will report here if I can. Would love to meet you guys, even if camping doesn't work out.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Stuka wrote:I have been considering it. Its about a 2 hour drive, so not bad. But not sure I can swing an overnight trip. But will report here if I can. Would love to meet you guys, even if camping doesn't work out.
You can do it!!!! It's just going to be Milt and I most likely. Just a little camping and fishing trip.

Overnight is easssy!

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Dr. Marneaus wrote:
Stuka wrote:I have been considering it. Its about a 2 hour drive, so not bad. But not sure I can swing an overnight trip. But will report here if I can. Would love to meet you guys, even if camping doesn't work out.
You can do it!!!! It's just going to be Milt and I most likely. Just a little camping and fishing trip.

Overnight is easssy!
Sadly, I am not going to be able to make it at all. I have had some unfortunate family things come up. I really do want to meet up with you guys, but this unfortunately will not be the time :(
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

I hope you get your family stuff taken care of.

For everybody else, currently only 2 rigs scheduled to go....its not too late to join up!