New to the Reno/Carson Valley area

FSJ Related Events in the Pacific Time Zone

Topic author
srobertsfsj

New to the Reno/Carson Valley area

Post by srobertsfsj »

Hey guys,

Finally made the move from Denver to Gardnerville, NV. I look forward to meeting and wheeling with the FSJ'ers in the area. Let me know who is nearby!

:fsj:
Scott R.

'86 Grand Wagoneer "Super Chief" 5.3L drivetrain/ WT conversion / TT's Fabworks SOA and SF / 37x12.5x17 BFG A/T KO3 http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 294&p=3364

"After years of being paranoid about my Jeep’s temp going towards that 220F mark, I’m realizing that if it was real problem, Jeep engineers would have painted that area RED." - FSJ Guy

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: New to the Reno/Carson Valley area

Post by Stuka »

You are about 2h 45m from my house. I am a bit south and on the other side of the Sierras. I get up that way every now and then. And lots of cool places to go in the eastern sierras. Last week I was in the bodie hills and Mono lake area. And then came home through Yosemite, which is a stunning drive.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
srobertsfsj

Post by srobertsfsj »

Thanks Stuka! Would be cool to meet you in person after all these years. I remember talking to you in the IRC days :)
Scott R.

'86 Grand Wagoneer "Super Chief" 5.3L drivetrain/ WT conversion / TT's Fabworks SOA and SF / 37x12.5x17 BFG A/T KO3 http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 294&p=3364

"After years of being paranoid about my Jeep’s temp going towards that 220F mark, I’m realizing that if it was real problem, Jeep engineers would have painted that area RED." - FSJ Guy

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Welcome! You're totally in the middle of a pretty good sized group here in the Reno/Carson/Sac area.
We have a facebook group too if you're interested search for Sierra Nevada FSJ's
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Why Gardnerville?

The wife and I recently drove up to Reno on a find a place to get out of Kal to trip. Reno was too big and had nothing Carson didn't have. Carson was closer and still too big. Gardnerville seemed like a better choice. Much smaller and closer to here. Still desert, though.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
srobertsfsj

Post by srobertsfsj »

Thanks Guys! Just joined the Facebook page, waiting on approval. Was thinking about doing the Dayton poker run next month being put on by the N4WDA, anyone else going?

@Renodemona, I think we meet a couple years ago in Ouray? I could be wrong.

Anyone up for a meet this weekend? Maybe in Carson City or Minden?
Scott R.

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

I would love to, but the HWY here is shut down because of yet another fire, and I am working mandatory OT for the foreseeable future. But definitely want to get over that way to meet up with you guys.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

srobertsfsj wrote:Thanks Guys! Just joined the Facebook page, waiting on approval. Was thinking about doing the Dayton poker run next month being put on by the N4WDA, anyone else going?

@Renodemona, I think we meet a couple years ago in Ouray? I could be wrong.

Anyone up for a meet this weekend? Maybe in Carson City or Minden?
Yes we did meet a couple years ago, was a great trip.

I would be but this is the first week of a new job so I will know my schedule in a day or so :)
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'