Oregon meet ups?

FSJ Related Events in the Pacific Time Zone

Topic author
ShagWagon

Oregon meet ups?

Post by ShagWagon »

Any FSJers meet up in Oregon?

Lots to do from the sea, rainforests, mountains, deserts etc...

Wouldn't mind getting a group or just anyone else to go. I live on the coast by Coos Bay. Just don't know any good places or trails yet.
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

berettajeep

Re: Oregon meet ups?

Post by berettajeep »

I am north of you in Astoria. I would be interested in a get together/trail ride/barbecue.
'47 CJ2A My build
'74 Cherokee S 401/auto My build
'94 Cherokee 4.0 5 speed
'06 Liberty Renegade
'46 CJ2A

Topic author
ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

Know any good places to trek to? I'd like to check out some cool mines, hot springs, volcanos, waterfalls, scenery, rockhound, shooting, fishing,...

There's always the dunes but it gets soooo many people in the summer with they're homemade 1200hp sand rails, motorcycles, drunks, kids that it isn't all that fun to me honking at all the others that aren't looking in my cross path about to get run over by 4000 pounds of AMC. Gets crazy. It's awesome when they all go home though and leave the dunes and beach to me. Except the big effing mess they leave.....

There isn't any hot springs on the coast I know of. It some down in SE Oregon and the Cascades. Seems most close to I-5 are either private owned or rundown by dopers...

Also appearantly is a Jeep trail from Coos Bay up to around Crater lake but they wanted $15 for the map so I didn't buy it. Could be good summer trip to lose the heat. Don't know how long it takes or far it is but sounds kinds fun.

We can pull each other out if we get stuck or something.

Just want to throw around some ideas. Maybe someone else knows more...
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

68glad

Post by 68glad »

Browns camp tillamook state forrest. From mild to wild trails.
68 Gladiator- RIP
78 Wagoneer- 401, D60/70, 203/205, 38's, Dual PS pump, Hydroboost, OBA, OBW, bla bla bla.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Topic author
ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

68glad wrote:Browns camp tillamook state forrest. From mild to wild trails.
Riderplanet says not much for Jeep there.....

Have you been? Is it like a Rat Race? Crowded since it's so close to the cities?

ScramblerCJ8

Post by ScramblerCJ8 »

Wow, this is an old post, but it does not go anywhere.
Have you tried the Jolly Jeepers back to basics tour every year on the third weekend of July? It is a two day guided tour with trails from novice to extreme, dinner and door prizes on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. Camping on a private field at mile marker 8 on Highway 6.
Check jollyjeepers.org for details. Tillamook Forest/ Brown camp area, and the motorcycle crowd and othe 4x4 clubs stay away that weekend.

Topic author
ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

ScramblerCJ8 wrote:Wow, this is an old post, but it does not go anywhere.
Have you tried the Jolly Jeepers back to basics tour every year on the third weekend of July? It is a two day guided tour with trails from novice to extreme, dinner and door prizes on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. Camping on a private field at mile marker 8 on Highway 6.
Check jollyjeepers.org for details. Tillamook Forest/ Brown camp area, and the motorcycle crowd and othe 4x4 clubs stay away that weekend.
Camp in a field next to a stinky motor home, a few miles from town, with no campfires, no firearms and a 6’ leash on hound dog at all times? Kinda takes any fun out of the weekend.

I went through the site and dint see any FSJ at all with this group.

Thanks though man! Just not what I had in mind.

ScramblerCJ8

Post by ScramblerCJ8 »

Yes, I know, is not for everyone, but is a good way to wheel the Tillamook Forest, without running into motorbikes, quads and small atvs.
And yes, no vintage fsj, but those built up jks are not little by any means.
The other event, Off road America, is staged at the Tillamook Fairgrounds and they run the same trails. I think that's the name of the event??
Tillamook State Forest trail are not friendly to fsj anyway, even some of the jks have a hard time on the tight trails and body damaged is expected.
:|

44bz

Post by 44bz »

How about a run at La Dee Flats outside Estacada?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar

ghcoe

Post by ghcoe »

I tried to do a FSJ meet up in the Steen's last year. Had a lot of interest at first, but in the end not one FSJ made it. Was a great trip though.

I will be attending a Overlanding event in May. There is a 10 vehicle limit. Not a FSJ sponsored event, but mine will be there. I am sure he would not have any problems with more attending. Check it out and see if it is something any of you guys might want to attend. I think I will post a thread too. Would be cool to have a big FSJ participation.

You will need a account to see the thread https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/ ... ur.203323/

See you on the trails. George.
SW Idaho Overlanding Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SWIdahoOverlan ... page_panel
SW Idaho Overlanding Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYuRx2 ... wVwZJ5oztg
1977 Jeep Cherokee WT
All-Terrain T/A® KO2
Safari Kit
Factory Brush Guard
Factory Tire Carrier
Custom Roof Rack