Gold Lake 4x4 Campground June 24-26

FSJ Related Events in the Pacific Time Zone

Topic author
Renodemona

Gold Lake 4x4 Campground June 24-26

Post by Renodemona »

Greetings Full Size Jeepers!
Announcing the 1st annual start of Summer FSJ Campout at Gold Lake featuring Quadra-Trac with opening act Shackle Bushing!
Gold Lake 4x4 campground is situated just south of Graeagle and Plumas-Eureka State park near Portola, CA. The campground is moderately improved with bear boxes, outhouse facility, and level areas for tents. It is accessible by stock high-clearance 4x4 vehicles so an FSJ should have no issues. (see video!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7z4iVN8Ls
Gold Lake serves as a great base camp for numerous trails in the area. The lake itself has hiking, fishing, and general nature-enjoying. The mail and largest trail is the Gold Valley trail that runs from Packer lake in the South into Plumas Eureka in the north. It offers stunning views of numerous alpine lakes and valleys. It is mostly class 2 with a couple spots of class 3. There are some side trails with class 4 in case people want to get crazy. There are also some trails that lead to old mining and logging camps. Plumas Eureka has a neat little museum that covers the early mining days, the natural history, and the ski racing history of the area. There are also old mining buildings to look at and tour. The little town of Johnsville has some shops and an old tavern.
http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=81
Please post up if you'd like to go, with questions, or suggestions! See you in the woods!
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Lumpskie

Re: Gold Lake 4x4 Campground June 24-26

Post by Lumpskie »

It looks beautiful. If I was closer, I would come for sure! Have fun.
1989 Grand Wagoneer - Rebuilt 360, 2" Alcans, 10" travel Gabriel Guadian shocks.
1996 Land Cruiser - 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo (23psi), Wholesale Automatics 442f, F/R ARBs, 35" Duratracs, ARB Rear Bumper, OME 2" lift, home built sliders and aluminum belly skid
2000 Honda Civic - Integra GSR engine, transmission, shift linkage and axles, 200hp, 33 combined mpg
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

If the Jeep is back together, funds and health permit, I'd like to go.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Awesome! That'd be great!

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

considering as my jeep is a huge POS, can I bring my pickup instead?
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Plenty of time to address the surge. At least your stuff moves. I'm draining gas and disconnecting fuel lines...

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

So who all is in?
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else.

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

I'm in pending this afternoon ;)

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Mean Woman and I will be there. Going up Friday morning ish, depends on clients. No Jeep should stay home and thrash it but need the break.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

Topic author
Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Jeep's mostly back together so I am "In"
Being more local does anyone need me to bring up extra stuff, like ice, whatnot? I've got a big cooler and it will be just me for the weekend.

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

If you want a campfire, use a barbq, or a gas stove you will need a CA fire permit. PrevwntWildfireCA.org/Permits. They are free. If you can't get online to work you will need to stop at any ranger station and get one. Good anywhere in state public or private land. Truckee or Sierravile are closest gas pints I could find. It's a dry camp, with no garbage service so plan according for what you have to pack out.
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Well, we will be in some time Friday. Finally blew a spark plug out of v10 and am 1 piece short of fixing it tonight. Will get it knocked out in the morning just have to wait 4,5 hours for fix to cure before taking off.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

I just rolled in from a week in Montana and haven't touched the Blair...
I hope you guys have a fun and safe weekend.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

willysdave

Post by willysdave »

Any one have any idea what time you are going to hit the trail on Saturday? Is everyone wheeling or are some only camping ? We live about an hour away from Gold Lake and don't want to miss you guys Saturday morning.
1961 Willys Wagon, high compression 383 stroker,custom exhaust, TH400 w/stage two kit, Dana 300, Currie twin stick,LoMax 4:1,D60 front, 14 bolt rear, Discs, E brakes, hydro brakes, PSC hydro assist, ARBs,38 x 14.5 x 17 MTRKs on steel, 4 link front w/ King coilovers, Autometer Phanthom Gauges,Winters shifter, buckets ,old crappy paint with some rust and dents, just the way I like it ;)

Dr. Marneaus

Post by Dr. Marneaus »

Sorry to those who missed the messages and meet up. We were all out of service range by about 5:45 or 6pm on Friday.

The campground was full but we somehow managed to gather everybody up over the course of the day and some of the guys found us some good camping spots at another lame. Trip was a blast! Pics are forthcoming

miltos68wgoneer

Post by miltos68wgoneer »

good turn out
68 WAGONEER / 5.3l, DIY ported heads, long tube headers, lingenfelter cam, griffin rad, trans cooler, E fan /4l70e, front discs,2003 grand cherokee seats front and rear, super wagoneer center console,hydroboost.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

http://s64.photobucket.com/user/miltos6 ... t=3&page=1

miltos68wgoneer

Post by miltos68wgoneer »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
68 WAGONEER / 5.3l, DIY ported heads, long tube headers, lingenfelter cam, griffin rad, trans cooler, E fan /4l70e, front discs,2003 grand cherokee seats front and rear, super wagoneer center console,hydroboost.
53 CHEVY 210 stock

http://s64.photobucket.com/user/miltos6 ... t=3&page=1