Oct 2014- 4th or 18th for Fall Camp Wheeling in SW MO?

FSJ Related Events in the Central Time Zone

Topic author
j2sax

Oct 2014- 4th or 18th for Fall Camp Wheeling in SW MO?

Post by j2sax »

Good weekends for SMORR
How about a MidWest gathering at SMORR (Southwest Missouri Off Road Ranch- smorr.net and on FB... videos all over youtube!)

They have a nice Shower/restroom facility, electrical sites and are only 10 Minutes from SeyMour, MO (hotels/restaurants, etc... for those not into campfires!). On the 2 weekends below there should be lots of other wheelers there so if you want to wheel your FSJ down a 1 trail, you can watch some great action on 4's and 5's! Check out the Youtube vids to see what I am talking about... it's much beter in person. They are about 30 min to Springfield, MO (Bass Pro HQ, etc.) 45 minutes to Branson and 25 minutes to Lamberts restaurant, home of throwed rolls (you would have to see it!)

Here are a couple of options for a SMORR weekend!

The first weekend or the third weekend of October. Both those weekends/events have great turn outs!!

Who's up for October 4th

Who's up for October 18th

What other dates might be preferred?

There are a few other "event" weekends as well that are later, but I figured with the Holidays that might be difficult. Regardless, don't want to wait too much longer to get something rolling on this!
Last edited by j2sax on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XJChad

Re: October 2014- 4th or 18th for Fall Camp Wheeling in SW M

Post by XJChad »

We have never been to SMORR, but have wanted to check it out. We are 45 mins north of Tulsa, Okla. In Bartlesville/Dewey.

I'm still working on the 5.3 swap, but if it's done by then we will try to make it.
1989 Grand Wagoneer, 4" Rusty's Lift, LS 5.3L swap (in progress), 4L60e, NP241c.
1991 Grand Wagoneer, all stock, a work in progress, for sale soon.
1982 Cherokee Laredo, 360ci, aluminum intake, Edelbrock carb, HEI, w/32x11.50x15, warn 8000, Dana 44/AMC 20
2001 Cherokee Sport, Old Man Emu lift (worn out), front/rear C4x4 bumpers, Smittybuilt 10,000 winch, 31x10.50x15, Edge Tuner kit w/throttle body & AFE cold air, Gibson exhaust-my daily driver until the '89 is finished.

Topic author
j2sax

Post by j2sax »

XJChad wrote:We have never been to SMORR, but have wanted to check it out. We are 45 mins north of Tulsa, Okla. In Bartlesville/Dewey.

I'm still working on the 5.3 swap, but if it's done by then we will try to make it.
Heck, even if you DON't get it done...bring the family truckster and hitch a trail ride with someone else! You can bring a Pontiac Aztec and still sit around the fire!

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

Wow how did I miss that smorr is so close to home?! How rough are the trails? Don't think my stepdad wants to beat his wrangler up too bad, other option is the rzr. Or if they are fairly mild might be able to take my wife grand cherokee. Although she may kill me....:?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Topic author
j2sax

Post by j2sax »

hutcho wrote:Wow how did I miss that smorr is so close to home?! How rough are the trails? Don't think my stepdad wants to beat his wrangler up too bad, other option is the rzr. Or if they are fairly mild might be able to take my wife grand cherokee. Although she may kill me....:?

U can go as easy or hardcore as u want.... I have taken stock Wags, J10, and my son's XJ on the 1 and 2 trails... lots of Wranglers show up for stocker runs. Check out youtube to see some of the bigger obstacles on the 4s and 5s.

Even if u bring nothing to wheel, hitch rides in the day and enjoy campfire at night... great get away regardless!

XJChad

Re: Oct 2014- 4th or 18th for Fall Camp Wheeling in SW MO?

Post by XJChad »

I have an XJ I could drive. Do they allow ATVs there or is it jeeps/ non ATV vehs only? It would probably be the 18th for us, I have a work function I have to attend on the 4th.
I'll talk to the wife and see if shes game.
1989 Grand Wagoneer, 4" Rusty's Lift, LS 5.3L swap (in progress), 4L60e, NP241c.
1991 Grand Wagoneer, all stock, a work in progress, for sale soon.
1982 Cherokee Laredo, 360ci, aluminum intake, Edelbrock carb, HEI, w/32x11.50x15, warn 8000, Dana 44/AMC 20
2001 Cherokee Sport, Old Man Emu lift (worn out), front/rear C4x4 bumpers, Smittybuilt 10,000 winch, 31x10.50x15, Edge Tuner kit w/throttle body & AFE cold air, Gibson exhaust-my daily driver until the '89 is finished.

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

My wife said she is game, she doesn't wanna camp though (wants to sleep in her own bed). But we should be able to be there one day. Just got to find a vehicle now lol

Jeeptchr

Post by Jeeptchr »

SMOR would be great, one thing to keep in mind is the 18th is also the creepy crawl at Kansas Rocks in Ft. Scott KS. Good event. http://www.ksrockspark.com/event/2011-k ... epy-crawl/ I don't have a suggestion for any weekend though. :). I'll try to make it whenever it is.

Topic author
j2sax

Post by j2sax »

We will have to see what date more folks respond to.... I personally like SMORR better, but everyone has preferences! (I am not fond of that Ks Rox MUD!)

Go to the website for details..SMORR.NET.. I know they allow side by sides

Topic author
j2sax

Post by j2sax »

hutcho wrote:My wife said she is game, she doesn't wanna camp though (wants to sleep in her own bed). But we should be able to be there one day. Just got to find a vehicle now lol

Vehicle or not c'mon out! Let ur wife know there hotels close by in Seymour MO and not too far from Springfield!

hutcho

Post by hutcho »

j2sax wrote:
hutcho wrote:My wife said she is game, she doesn't wanna camp though (wants to sleep in her own bed). But we should be able to be there one day. Just got to find a vehicle now lol

Vehicle or not c'mon out! Let ur wife know there hotels close by in Seymour MO and not too far from Springfield!

I think the later one works better for us. Probably will go for the day and stay for the campfire but like I said my wife is too attached to her big compfy bed lol. Plus its right in our back yard so not far to have that luxury.