Chero Axle Swap Wrench Day, Bonfire and offroading!

FSJ Related Events in the Central Time Zone

Topic author
j2sax

Chero Axle Swap Wrench Day, Bonfire and offroading!

Post by j2sax »

So, I have 2 81 Cherokees.. one with a decent body but hacked suspension and one that drives great but is rusted beyond use. Going to swap the axles, springs, etc, from one to the other. Would be great to have some help to swing the parts under.

I figured if anyone wanted to hang out in the evening, we could have a bonfire, cook some burgers/Dogs and hang out... maybe someone wants to bring some musical instruments, I can break out the sax and we will jam a bit!

Then we could hit the Chadwick Fire trails on Sunday afternoon. It's free and I have taken Wagoneers, Cherokees, J10's, XJ's and this weekend, even Del's 2002 Grand CHerokee made it through with flying colors! I live between Ozark and Sparta, about 20-30 minutes from Springfield, MO. We have room here if anyone wants to spend the night and make a weekend of it!

I have air and a couple of pneumatic bumper jacks that can pick up the an end of the vehicle in seconds and are really stable. If you can make it out for the wrenching, great... if you just want to meet up in the evening or on the trails Sunday, that's cool too. Here's Hopin!

carnuck

Re: Chero Axle Swap Wrench Day, Bonfire and offroading!

Post by carnuck »

Wish I were closer. Not being able to even work on my own stuff has been driving me buggy!
Check my parts for sale near Seattle

Blazer3664

Post by Blazer3664 »

X2, but thats a little over 4 hrs one way for me.

Add all the OT they got me working............ no time to work on my own junk, let alone drive for 8 hrs.

but at least I'm putting back some funds for when I do get to work on my pile of jeep.

Jim
1978 Cherokee chief AKA = Butt Ugly
Current status = BACK under construction
modified body w/TJ flares
AMC 360, junkyard TBI, 4L80e
NWF doubler w/ upside down 203
SOA D60/14B-FF
custom shackle flip w/F150 springs
H1 wheels + (for now) tires
-----Coming Soon-----
snorkels, home brew OBA+OBW

Topic author
j2sax

Post by j2sax »

Vandalia's not that far... maybe you and Rich and Del can split the gas down together and you can all stay at my place! Maybe Jkage...

OK, perhaps that is wishful thinking. but it would be cool to have a bunch of actual FSJ guys there.

Maybe you can pick up some parts you need!

Jesse

Topic author
j2sax

Wrench Day Pics!

Post by j2sax »

Thanks to Jeepman Dave for his help along with my girlfriend Angie and a couple of other local Jeep club buds! Hope more pics are below!

http://s834.photobucket.com/user/j2sax/ ... 2006_21_14

Jjkage84

Post by Jjkage84 »

Dog Gone! Looks like a blast man! I'll make it one day! It'd be a blast! BTW, I'd gladly split the gas cost if we could get some of us St. Louis area guys together to head down to your neck of the woods bud!
Keep Calm and Jeep On!

http://www.youtube.com/JeepKage101