Louisiana Members

FSJ Related Events in the Central Time Zone

Topic author
NoLaFSJ

Louisiana Members

Post by NoLaFSJ »

How many members are from Louisiana? Post where you are located and what FSJs you have.

My name is Brian and I have a 1990 GW that's pretty much stock, but not for long. I live and work in Houma, but where I grew up in Kenner is where I keep my Jeep and work on it on weekends.

So far, mdcptman is the only other member I have met from the Louisiana (and Greater New Orleans) area.

If there's a few more around, a meet up would be fun sometime.
Last edited by NoLaFSJ on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

1990 Grand Wagoneer

Mdcptman

Re: Louisiana Members

Post by Mdcptman »

Hey Brian, Did the lady from Lakeview ever get back with you? Did you get that parts jeep?
88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
Rusty's 2" Add-a-Leaf kit
31 x 10.5 LT15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority Tires
S-10 Steering Box Mod

Quote From Friend's Mom:
"You don't rely on that vehicle do you?"

Topic author
NoLaFSJ

Post by NoLaFSJ »

I finally got in touch with her again and told her that I wanted it. Hopefully we can work something out soon so I can pick it up. We both have pretty busy schedules but I think we'll be able to make it happen. I'll keep you updated.
Brian

1990 Grand Wagoneer

Mdcptman

Post by Mdcptman »

sounds great. Thanks!
88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
S-10 Steering Box Mod

Quote From Friend's Mom:

jpngriff

Post by jpngriff »

I'll be relocating from Salt Lake down to New Orleans in the first part of Nov. I'm shipping my stock 1991 GW & 2001 2dr XJ and then drive my Azera down from SLC. Probably keeping both it in storage until I buy a place in Jan or Feb. Looking at houses in Tall Timbers area. I'll be working in the Lakeview office complex in Metairie at the the end of the Causeway.
1991 Grand Wagoneer
360 V8, TBI Conversion

Topic author
NoLaFSJ

Post by NoLaFSJ »

jpngriff, you will be right in my backyard! Let me and Mdcptman know when you get down here and maybe we can all meet up. Good luck with the move!
Brian

1990 Grand Wagoneer

Mdcptman

Post by Mdcptman »

Yay! More FSJs on the Westbank! I work about 2 miles from Tall Timbers. Nice area. You Definitely have to look us up! There is also Full Size Jeeper across the lake. We almost have a basketball team. lol
88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
S-10 Steering Box Mod

Quote From Friend's Mom:

EL GRANDE HONCHO

Post by EL GRANDE HONCHO »

Poplarville MS/Slidell in the house!

jpngriff

Post by jpngriff »

So I did make it down to the New Orleans area just before the holidays at the end of the year. Just getting my head above water on the never ending projects at the new to me old house I bought. I actually ended up buying a place in north Metairie near the end of the causeway. I looked at Tall Timbers and some other NO Parish properties, I ended up just buying in Metairie. But the Wag is loving this thick sea level air in Louisiana! And I get lots of thumbs up when I'm tooling around town on the weekends in it.

I'm always up for meeting new people and wrenching with a 6 pack of beer on a weekend. The 91 Wag is sufficiently trouble free lately, the 01 Cherokee needs to swap in the ZJ drive shaft and SYE I have for it. Both Jeeps have been garage queens lately, I don't any of my cars that much since my office is so close. Probably need to get the XJ licensed, the UT tags ran out at the end of Dec and I've been driving it some what illegally lately. Wag is good for another 3 months... And God Bless the lack of smog tests here. Hallelujah!
1991 Grand Wagoneer
360 V8, TBI Conversion

Mdcptman

Post by Mdcptman »

Welcome! I wondered what had become of you! If you work in Metairie, u made a wise choice by moving there. You dont hafta fight the bridge. Definitely need to get together. There are 5-6 of us in the area that i know of, but have only met one face to face.
88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
S-10 Steering Box Mod

Quote From Friend's Mom:

Topic author
NoLaFSJ

Post by NoLaFSJ »

jpngriff, you definitely made the right choice settling on the east bank ;) I am right near you in Kenner on most weekends. I have been very busy lately preparing for a big exam for my engineering license, but after the test in mid-April I would love to meet up.

EL GRANDE HANCHO, you need to make the journey across the twin span and come meet up with us as well! I look forward to meeting all of you guys.

Just an FYI, my girlfriend's uncle has a couple of GWs as well and we are planning a trip to Mississippi this October for Cruisin' the Coast. I'm sure EL GRANDE HANCHO and mdcptman are familiar with the event, but jpngriff check this link out if you have never heard of it: http://cruisinthecoast.com/

It is one of my favorite events of the year. It really is something to see if you are a car lover of any sort. Anyway, I thought it would be cool to have a bunch of FSJs roll in together. We booked a couple of rooms at the Travelodge in Ocean Springs, MS for the last Friday night and Saturday night of the event which is Oct. 9 and 10. If y'all are even remotely interested, call and book rooms ASAP. You can cancel with no penalty up to one month before your stay. Rooms will be booked solid within the next few weeks.

No promises that I will be able to hang out the whole time as I will be with a big group, but we can definitely meet up for some beers and a great photo op on the beach!

Let me know if any of y'all are interested!
Brian

1990 Grand Wagoneer

Mdcptman

Post by Mdcptman »

Hey That sounds awesome Brian. I have never been but have always wanted to . I just checked for rooms, and they are already booked up. They have rooms at the days inn, Im gonna research it and try to book something close. Either way, I can drive up for the day, and do a meet and greet.
88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
S-10 Steering Box Mod

Quote From Friend's Mom:

Topic author
NoLaFSJ

Post by NoLaFSJ »

Cool, sounds good. We can get more into the details once it gets closer.
Brian

1990 Grand Wagoneer

jpngriff

Post by jpngriff »

Looks like a cool event! I checked all the rooms as the no deposit refundable places around Biloxi to Ocean Springs, no dice. There's still some rooms at the Beau and Hard Rock. They're very proud of them based on the rates.

Either way lets all grab a drink or meal here this spring. I drove the Wag on 1-10 to downtown today. Its always a hair raising and gas guzzling experience... especially exciting at the I-10/610 split going east. Turned on the A/C too! I'm pretty sure I could literally watch the gas gauge move south at that point. Thankfully we're still sitting in the low $2's for gas.
1991 Grand Wagoneer
360 V8, TBI Conversion

Mdcptman

Post by Mdcptman »

Haha! Yeah, I've had that same feeling. Sometimes u can actually watch the guage move. I remember when gas was around $4, and i thought" im gonna hafta give her up" but gas went down so my wife is still here.
88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
S-10 Steering Box Mod

Quote From Friend's Mom:

Topic author
NoLaFSJ

Post by NoLaFSJ »

Hey just wanted to let you guys know that I will still be heading to Cruisin' next weekend. We are heading in early Friday and will be in Ocean Springs all day Saturday. Probably leaving early on Sunday to beat the traffic. I unfortunately won't have my Wag with me due to electrical issues but my gf's uncle will have both of his... Which means I get to drive one :-bd

PM me if any of you are going to make it!
Brian

1990 Grand Wagoneer

SemperFIGuy

Post by SemperFIGuy »

I live in Pass Christian, have an 89 GW, if any of you have a situation, I have a large shop and tools.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mdcptman

Post by Mdcptman »

Hey thats cool Semperfi! Brian, my brother is coming in town on Saturday and i was thinkin of driving down on Saturday . Where will yall be? Id love to see ur uncles GWs. I may bring my jeep, even in her present condition. She is mechanically sound, just not visually appealing. Lol
88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
S-10 Steering Box Mod

Quote From Friend's Mom:

Topic author
NoLaFSJ

Post by NoLaFSJ »

SemperFIGuy, I'll PM you some contact info, please send me yours as well. Always good to have a friendly place in the area! Thanks for the offer! Come out and meet up if you have some time!

Mdcptman, we will be staying at the Travelodge in Ocean Springs. We will be in Downtown OS all day on Saturday. Will be packing up and heading back to LA early on Sunday. Let me know if you make it happen!
Brian

1990 Grand Wagoneer

jpngriff

Post by jpngriff »

I cruised the 91 up and down US90 from downtown Gulfport to Biloxi late Saturday afternoon into the evening. Saw some really great cars. I got back on the highway about 9pm because the tire roasting guys were one beer away from rear ending people by that time of the evening.

Very cool event. Here's one of my favorite things I saw... Two Ford Pintos crusing on US90. The guy in the second one kept slamming on his brakes like he would rear end the first one. I guess you have to have a sense of humor to be the only two guys in the Ford Pinto car club.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
1991 Grand Wagoneer
360 V8, TBI Conversion