Louisiana Members

FSJ Related Events in the Central Time Zone

Topic author
NoLaFSJ

Re: Louisiana Members

Post by NoLaFSJ »

Glad you had fun! We had a blast in Ocean Springs. Very cool town. And lots of beautiful cars all over! Here's a few pics of the Wags...

We didn't have much trouble at all with either of the Wags. Which is incredible since this is the first time they have driven more than 15 miles at a time in about 15 years! I think the fuel pump on the blue one is in need of replacement. When you try to get it over 60 mph it begins to sputter. Also happens when you accelerate on overpasses. Seems to get worse as the fuel tank gets lower.

It was a good experience and we plan to do it again next year. Hopefully mine will be behaving and will make the trip...
Brian

1990 Grand Wagoneer

SemperFIGuy

Post by SemperFIGuy »

Did y'all see the 1 owner Wag, will try and get some pics posted later, all stock and possibly all original, selling price in '88 was just over $26,000.00.

Yes you read that correctly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage

Mdcptman

Post by Mdcptman »

jpngriff wrote:I cruised the 91 up and down US90 from downtown Gulfport to Biloxi late Saturday afternoon into the evening. Saw some really great cars. I got back on the highway about 9pm because the tire roasting guys were one beer away from rear ending people by that time of the evening.

Very cool event. Here's one of my favorite things I saw... Two Ford Pintos crusing on US90. The guy in the second one kept slamming on his brakes like he would rear end the first one. I guess you have to have a sense of humor to be the only two guys in the Ford Pinto car club.

I was there at the same time! Too bad i didnt see you. I know Brian was there, but didnt make it to Ocean springs. It was an awesome day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
Rusty's 2" Add-a-Leaf kit
31 x 10.5 LT15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority Tires
S-10 Steering Box Mod

Quote From Friend's Mom:
"You don't rely on that vehicle do you?"

Topic author
NoLaFSJ

Post by NoLaFSJ »

Tod,

My dad saw that one and sent me a pic. It is owned by a gentleman named David. He bought a few things off that parts car I had a while back. Very nice guy. He's from MS coast. It is not all original, he just completed a full resto. Did it all himself. Beautiful FSJ.
Brian

1990 Grand Wagoneer

jpngriff

Post by jpngriff »

What's the mileage on the 88? Beautiful Wag, but that's a high price at $26k...

I feel like all the really great condition low milage ones go to Wagonmasters and the rest are really great high mileage overpriced rigs... Mine included, although not that bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
1991 Grand Wagoneer
360 V8, TBI Conversion

SemperFIGuy

Post by SemperFIGuy »

Didn't catch the mileage, that 26 price was what it sold for in 88.

SemperFIGuy

Re: RE: Re: Louisiana Members

Post by SemperFIGuy »

NoLaFSJ wrote:Tod,

My dad saw that one and sent me a pic. It is owned by a gentleman named David. He bought a few things off that parts car I had a while back. Very nice guy. He's from MS coast. It is not all original, he just completed a full resto. Did it all himself. Beautiful FSJ.
He must keep it stored quite a bit, I'm on the Coast on the roads all day every day and have never seen it, wish I could've met him.

88waggin

Louisiana Members

Post by 88waggin »

Man I am glad I stumbled across this thread. I got 88 Wagon, live in Hammond. I rarely see any Wagons around this part of the world. If y'all ever find yourself in the area hit me up.

Jpngriff noticed you are looking for a spare tire carrier. I am starting to build a rear bumper/ tire carrier. If/When I get done I will have mine freed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SemperFIGuy

Post by SemperFIGuy »

Very nice, here's mine.

Mdcptman

Post by Mdcptman »

Hey 88Wag! Glad to meet another La member. Ya'll both have awesome looking Wags! Here's my rig from when we went to Cruising the Coast. Thats my much-better-looking-than-me brother, next to my Jeep. I call her Josey, and as you can see, shes a work in progress, but I love her.

88 Grand Wagoneer
360/727/208
Edelbrock 2131, non-EGR
Holley 600
Hydroboost
Hedman headers
Dual exhaust
MSD 6A
TFI conversion
Rusty's 2" Add-a-Leaf kit
31 x 10.5 LT15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority Tires
S-10 Steering Box Mod

Quote From Friend's Mom:
"You don't rely on that vehicle do you?"

SemperFIGuy

Post by SemperFIGuy »

What size tires are you running Mdcptman?