When:
Sunday, August 18th
8am til whenever

Where:
Doghouse Forge
2034 Edenfield Pl
Lakeland, FL 33801
(863)450-7770

Hopefully JP doesn't mind me posting up before him; however after talking on Sunday, it was decided to make this a monthly get together to tackle various projects, talk trucks and hang out. I would be game for a pot luck type of deal, i.e. someone brings drinks, someone brings food item A, etc. so the forge doesn't take the brunt of all the costs involved this time around.

Hopefully we can get a few more rigs out this time around. I know the guys who couldn't make it last time missed out and wanted to make it to the next one.

Post up your feedback! The more insight the better.

(p.s.) i left the poll as a re-vote in case something changes (so JP has a head count)
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

JeepJ10Laredo

Re: Florida FSJ August '13 Shop Day

Post by JeepJ10Laredo »

Is it the 13th or the 18th? I can try for sundays, but I work on sundays. saturday is cool. I can come maybe in the morning as I work in the afternoons at 2 till 12. When I get my place cleaned up we might be able to do some on saturdays at my place. Have a decent size garage and plenty of room for trucks, waggies and cherokees.

Florida83FSJCherokee

Post by Florida83FSJCherokee »

I thought we decided on the 18 th... the 13th is a Tuesday ...

As far as always on Sunday.... I kinda figured we could set it up for third Sunday of each month.. takes the guess work out of it... if guys need to get shifts covered they know way in advance. It can be the third Saturday if needed but everyone would need to agree to the swap.. I think I remember a few guys only having sunday off...
So whichever day is decided just mark it in the calendar each month...

Having it hosted by different shops is definitely the long term idea, Lakeland seems to be a good location for the first few since it balances everyones travel time.

The pot luck idea is fine as long as it is understood that participants are not required to bring anything ... I don't want somebody missing the gathering because moneys tight that week and they cant do travel cost and food... get here first and feed people second..

Last for now I guess is to see if stuka can change the name of this thread to just be a general"central Florida shop day 2013.. otherwise we are gonna have to do this again everymonth . I agree with pyro that a central thread is needed so if he cant Change it lets just start another and copy this info whilst its still short...

So to proceed we just need pyro to edit the poll date and have all those considering attendance RSVP or post a response as to the Saturday Sunday debate..

Thanks

JP

Last thing... I vote we put a lift on pyro,s truck next time... rocks kit or springs or just wooden blockS( ;) ) people are gonna think its a hot wheels party otherwise ...

Topic author
pyro

Post by pyro »

We can just make a new thread every month so its easier to plan each separately.
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

JeepJ10Laredo

Post by JeepJ10Laredo »

I'm fine with everything JP said. I was just throwing some ideas out there. Right now my truck is in the shop (garage at my house) down to the frame and cab for paint. I can join in on helping with others trucks. I do have a background in paint and body. As far as lift for Pyro's truck I should have the blocks that came off my truck for a body lift.

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

I recommend that Pyro get the SkyJacker suspension. If he's going to by front springs only, I recommend the SJ Chevy 6" springs which are the same length as a FSJ (locating spring is centered) and cost approx 30% less. We're running 6" ProComp on the front of my sons J15 and they only cost $200 shipped. note: 6" spring lifts our FSJ 3".

swampedge

Post by swampedge »

Sounds good to me. I will be sure to be at this next one.
Jim
You really are judged by the dogs you have!

guitarsail

Post by guitarsail »

Ill be there! Bringing the black cherokee this time. JeepJ10 maybe you can take a look at it and recommend how to fix the paint?

JeepJ10Laredo

Post by JeepJ10Laredo »

I can if I can make it. I have to go to Gainesville to UF for a Class for the week of the 19th, will have to spend time with son and wife seeings I will be gone. If you want I may be able to with some close up pics. Or I can check it out in September.

Mudbull

Post by Mudbull »

Not sure if ill be able to make it this time either, if im up here that weekend its 10mins from my house and ill for sure be there (no truck, but in my Demon). But if I have an open week for work I may head down to work on my truck, its first startup should be around then depending on this weekends accomplishments.

...by the way, any of you 'local' guys have any use for an old rusty, mostly solid frame, a seized up rear axle, or a front axle w/ locking hubs (in the best shape of the leftover parts)? If not theyre just scrap to me, but if someones interested I can take pics this weekend, bring them up in my truck whenever its finished for whoever wants it (hopefully by September).

Tim
68' Gladiator
p-pumped Cummins
6spd, D60 Front, D80 Rear

Florida83FSJCherokee

Allright guys!

Shop Day is the 18th, let me know if you think your coming.

We have some pretty big stuff this go round. The DogHouse Forge Cherokee is almost apart and by the week after next the sheetmetal and rust repair should be underway.

Unfortunaly...our friend Pryo had a little accident and his J10 is gonna need some attention as well. If he chooses to pick up the bed that rocky has I think a group sanding and repair session might help get Pyros truck back together. We can absolutly get that bed refurbed in a Sunday work session. Maybe even primed for him if you dont mind leaving it at the shop to cure Pyro?

To all the guys that didnt make it last time we would love to have you join us this go round. Should be a fun one!

I know gutair saill is bringing the Black FSj this time and he would appeciate a group photo with as many or more FSJ's as last time to help make him feel better about the dissasembled version he brought us last time. ;)

Swampedge has checked the attending box and we look forward to meeting you this time as well!

Jeepener! The ditches/ponds in front of the shop are overflowing! Your Wheeling party can commence... Hope to see you back this time as well.

Anyone heard fom [V]axx ? be great to have you back as well!

Rocky and Guy will of course be bringing their special suprise parts assortment. Last time it was a trash can of headlights...You should have seen its glory! Dont miss what they suprises us with this go round!.

Ok , Ill check back in first of next week and we can decide who wants to bring what as far as food/snacks. we can also order pizza if we wanna keep it ultra simple.

Thanks Guys and hope to see you guys on the 18th

JP

Topic author
pyro

Post by pyro »

hoping to get my truck torn apart tomorrow and hopefully pick up that new axle from rocky...i would appreciate a bed refurb day for sure! just need to get the funds together. in other news, if you know anyone selling a 6x10 trailer w/ mesh or solid sides, shoot me a text/pm!
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Jon, I may have that Wagon that you pointed me to by the 18th! Maybe that could be the Surprise Parts Bucket ;) Your need-n the cowl and stuff

Florida83FSJCherokee

rocklaurence wrote:Jon, I may have that Wagon that you pointed me to by the 18th! Maybe that could be the Surprise Parts Bucket ;) Your need-n the cowl and stuff

Im affraid the cowl/windshield replacement is dead in the water... I traced the rust deep into the cowl and down the front of the firewall. inorder to fix whats damaged beyond repair I would literally have to cut the firewall about a foot down all the wat across and the roof about 2' back. Thats way to much to try and realign... Im accepting the fate that is... Im gonna have to do a body swap. Im going friday to look at a possible canidate. Ill keep you posted...

JP

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Jon, Oooor-put it all back together and Drive it Like You Stole-it!!! :evil: It's all about having fun ;)

Florida83FSJCherokee

rocklaurence wrote:Jon, Oooor-put it all back together and Drive it Like You Stole-it!!! :evil: It's all about having fun ;)

Its become a personal thing at this point between me and Mr. Rust....

Im not positive about the cherk body im looking at Friday. May be just as poor but in different locations... either way I definitely wanna look at the incoming rig. heck if I get this other body I may still need sheetmetal sections off yours..

If you haven't noticed im just trying to copy your Frankenstein build... ;)

Jp

rocklaurence
Vendor

Post by rocklaurence »

Jon, I started the Fatina paint scheme yesterday :roll: The bed is layer painted Black, Dark gray, light gray and Black. We'll start fading it in today by wet sanding. 8-) I can wait to see how it turns out--and if it doesn't look right. I'll do it again!

guitarsail

Post by guitarsail »

JP, ya just wanna buy my black one? Intereior is perfect except for a small tear in the passenger seat. Original window sticker, owners manual. Primed well the paint looks good except for a few spots that he did a poor job on. The body is in fantastic shape :mrgreen:

Topic author
pyro

Post by pyro »

less than a week! who else is coming this go around? i will be baby-jeeping there this time.
'81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
'82 Cherokee 258/TF904
'84 CJ-8 258/T176

Florida83FSJCherokee

pyro wrote:less than a week! who else is coming this go around? i will be baby-jeeping there this time.

Good more time to work on mine! Lol.. JK....