Central Florida Shop Day at Doghouse Forge Lakeland, July 21

FSJ Related Events in the Eastern Time Zone

Topic author
Florida83FSJCherokee

Central Florida Shop Day at Doghouse Forge Lakeland, July 21

Post by Florida83FSJCherokee »

Ok, The official invite...

Sunday the 21st of July 2013 Shop Day at Doghouse Forge.

The Street address is below, Im opting not to include which unit # but it will be quite obvious which one is a shop for Jeeps and Blacksmithing.

2034 Edenfield Place
Lakeland, FL

My phone number at the shop is 863-450-7770 if you get lost...

I will be there from 7am untill we are ready to call it a day/night... All Florida/southeast FSJ folks are invited and its totally fine if you cant drive your jeep. Just come and lend experience, a hand, or learn something.

Doghouse Forge will be sponsoring lunch and grilling burgers and dogs. If your vegatarian, Im sorry for you first off, and second bring your own tofu. ;) There will be H20 , Sodas , tea, etc.. avaible as well.

Being that its the first Shop Day attempt lets leave the beer at home untill we get to know each other a little bit. Not that Im a prude, but Id rather avoid any uneeded issues this first time out the gate.

Pyro and Guitarsail have expressed interest in fixing a few issues they are having on their J-10 and Cherokee, so I look forward to hopefully getting some stuff off your checklist. Anyone else that has something they want to work on post up, and if you need parts get with Rocky (rocklaurence) before hand! to arrange any purchases. Rocky is not open Sundays, and wont be able to stop by untill later in the afternoon/evening. However, I will be glad to pick up things for anyone coming, and keep it at the shop so its there for use if needed. (Rocky's shop is 4 minutes away so its not an inconvience)

I think that about covers it, PM me if you have any other questions.

Im really excited to meet some of you folks and see some jeeps!!!... who knows? maybe this could become a monthly thing...

JP
Dog House Forge
This is a " P. R. A. " approved event :)

Topic author
Florida83FSJCherokee

Re: Central Florida Shop Day at Doghouse Forge Lakeland, Jul

Post by Florida83FSJCherokee »

Just wanted to recap before the weekend..

So as of now I have a head count of :

Pyro
Guitarsail
Rocklaurerce + 1 (lol...sorry, sounded like a wedding invite)
Swampedge
[]v[]Maxx
Myself

Please post what time your planning to arrive if possible... If you need the address please refer to the above post for location and phone contact info

If you are coming and are not listed please let me know so I can plan lunch accordingly...

As for eveyone already confirmed I will be there around 7am (coffee is brewed all morning) and we will stay untill we get the projects that need attention finished. I have a couple friends coming that are very handy with the wrenches and 4x4's mechanics to assit where my own expertise might be lacking... As mentioned before if your project requires a special tool you should probably bring it in case I dont have it.. Otherwise plenty of basic shop tools, basic guages, and air tools are availible... If your partial to your own tools that it fine, just take it upon yourself to keep track of them throughout the day.

For anyone needing general automotive supplies there is an Advanced Auto .5 miles away and they open at 930am. Pep Boys 5 miles away , and napa 4 miles away...

Thanks and I am excited to get to meet you all.. Safe travels and see you Sunday!

JP

swampedge

Re: Central Florida Shop Day at Doghouse Forge Lakeland, Jul

Post by swampedge »

Not going to make it. Fixed my a/c on my truck last night and am still in Melbourne. Next time for sure.
Jim
You really are judged by the dogs you have!