MAFSJA Jeep-In South Jersey August 16/17/18

FSJ Related Events in the Eastern Time Zone

Topic author
BattleWagon

MAFSJA Jeep-In South Jersey August 16/17/18

Post by BattleWagon »

Ok gang it's time to get your rigs ready and camping gear set. This years event will be August 16-17-18 Wharton state Forest in Shamong. Bill Housten may or may not make it. If Bill can not make it, Will Tustin has said he will reserve campsite 8. All others that are camping are encouraged to reserve sites at their earliest convienience. Pet friendly sites are available. Anne and JR have site 26.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/W ... ampingSpot

I was assured by Bill that he will do his best to contact the vendors for some raffle prizes. Saturday night thee will be a pot luck dinner. Everyone is encouraged to bring a little something. Anne and JR are bringing corn on the cob and a dessert. Becky is bringing spinach dip. Will's got the chili. If we can get stock of tents and cooking gear to see what we are missing, let me know.

Friday night will be setting up camp sites, Saturday will be wheeling, followed by the dinner and raffle. Sunday will be more pines whelling, followed by dinner at the Pic for Anne, JR, Lou and Karen and anyone else who wants to join in.

Give your trucks a good once over, and prepare for typical Pines wheeling. Scrub pines and water crossings. Expect scratches, and possible mud traps. Everyone who attends always has lots of tools and spare parts.

headhoncho

Re: MAFSJA Jeep-In South Jersey August 16/17/18

Post by headhoncho »

Cool. I'm going to ask my new wife if I'm allowed to go. :roll:

JR
1980 J-10 Honcho
1980 J-10 (parts)
1982 J-10 (parts)
1987 GW (undecided)
1986 GW (half mine)

1966 Mustang FB

CAPTSmith

Post by CAPTSmith »

Pretty close to PA, and the park looks huge, so I'm sure there are a lot of cool trails?
Captain Dennis Smith, U.S. Navy
*'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer w/GM LS 6.0 Vortec/4L80e/NP241c
*'89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer stock trail rig
*74 AMC Javelin AMX w/360, 4-speed Hurst, over 450 hp monster!
*83 Jeep CJ7 engine swap (305/TH400,Dana300/Dana44s)

Engine swap build thread: http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1011

Topic author
BattleWagon

Post by BattleWagon »

The sand roads are vast. We can drive all day and seldom cross blacktop. Adjacent to wharton are other state lands as well, so the trail network is much bigger. Your Jeep must be street legal with registration and insurance. Park Police are occasionally in the area. Depending on the weather the trails may be dusty with stretches of thick smelly mud, or there may be fairly deep water crossings. The other hazard on the tighter trails is shrubbery which might give your truck "Pine barrens racing stripes". You should expect slow speed sight seeing and comraderie, with a few obstacles thrown in to test your skills.

CAPTSmith

Post by CAPTSmith »

Good gouge, thanks BattleWagon!
Captain Dennis Smith, U.S. Navy
*'88 Jeep Grand Wagoneer w/GM LS 6.0 Vortec/4L80e/NP241c
*'89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer stock trail rig
*74 AMC Javelin AMX w/360, 4-speed Hurst, over 450 hp monster!
*83 Jeep CJ7 engine swap (305/TH400,Dana300/Dana44s)

Engine swap build thread: http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1011