Jake's parts pulling/work day/camp out

FSJ Related Events in the Eastern Time Zone

Topic author
nc wagoneer

Jake's parts pulling/work day/camp out

Post by nc wagoneer »

So since it looks like ifsja has finally given up the ghost :cry: I decided to move this thread here. It will be the weekend of April 26, 27, 28 and The plan is to drive down probably friday, wake up early Saturday, and everybody who can bring a weed eater/wacker if they can (I can provide a couple extras) and then later Saturday and Sunday pick parts. I think we should have the main cook out on Saturday for the people who can't make it Friday. If you plan on going or want to go please post below and when you will be there (Friday or Saturday) and we will discuss food later :-bd
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
"old blue" 79 waggy-sitting in Jake's full size jeep junkyard, traded for j20 parts
Also:
1986 Isuzu Trooper Factory Diesel/5 Speed
1999 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 (weekend toy)
1984 GMC Suburban K10 6.2 Diesel/700r4/np208
Originally Posted by fulsizjeep
"Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial"

Snowstorm

Re: Jake's parts pulling/work day/camp out

Post by Snowstorm »

Where is there?

Topic author
nc wagoneer

Post by nc wagoneer »

sorry, how'd I forget that :P why Jake's magical full size jeep junkyard of course :D located near Burnsville nc about an hour from Asheville, NC :-bd
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
"old blue" 79 waggy-sitting in Jake's full size jeep junkyard, traded for j20 parts
Also:
"Truth is FSJs are crack on wheels. One taste and you are addicted. Then you just want more. Anyone who does not see this is in denial"

Tanker

Post by Tanker »

Ok heres what to bring,chairs,tents,tools,food. No alcohol ,illegal drugs this is a family run place. Sat lunch will be Rat stew,or dinner. Dont need weed eaters. We do have a room at the big house for those that need it. I will have a fire pit made for night time. We do have a shower.running water,an creek to bath in. From Asheville area 19 to Burnsville we pick you up. From Marion look up Spruce Pine Wal-mart.We pick you up. Phone is 828-675-0579. We will have a WOT here with talks on motors,door an tail gate workings. We do not give out address because GPS cant find me.If those that know how to get here can lead others that will be fine. We will have help here for parts pulling. Hope to see all of you April 26-28. For those that dont know us,we are a FSJ only yard with over 90 for parts,not counting just parts.
Jakes Full Size Jeep Junkyard
Hire the handicap there fun to watch. IR1

adzam

Post by adzam »

Tanker, what's the current inventory for late model (88-90) GW's?? Looking for a couple things only found on the final editions???

halftrac

Post by halftrac »

adzam wrote:Tanker, what's the current inventory for late model (88-90) GW's?? Looking for a couple things only found on the final editions???
What parts are you looking for? I can answer this for Tanker. I'm Tanker's other half.
Jackie Jacob
1977 J20, 360 4bbl, 4 spd, utility bed
1978 J 10 258, 4 spd, 3" liftDD,
1988 Wagoneer Limited XJ
and a junkyard full of FSJ parts
Jake's Full Size Jeep Junkyard

www.militaryjeepers.com
Carolina Full Size Jeep Club

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...eeps%20Galore/

Bricker

Post by Bricker »

nc wagoneer wrote:So since it looks like ifsja has finally given up the ghost :cry: I decided to move this thread here. It will be the weekend of April 26, 27, 28 and The plan is to drive down probably friday, wake up early Saturday, and everybody who can bring a weed eater/wacker if they can (I can provide a couple extras) and then later Saturday and Sunday pick parts. I think we should have the main cook out on Saturday for the people who can't make it Friday. If you plan on going or want to go please post below and when you will be there (Friday or Saturday) and we will discuss food later :-bd

Thanks for moving this over. I finally registered since the current IFSJA issues :x I still plan on being there, but not sure what day I'll be headed up. A fellow member/friend and I plan on carpooling up. :fsj: We'll figure this out soon and advise. Thanks to Tanker and Halftrac for the hospitality!
1977 Cherokee Chief
1977 J10 Honcho

Topic author
nc wagoneer

Post by nc wagoneer »

Anybody know if cheapjeepbrad has made it over here? I know he was planning on coming last I recall :?: And to halftrac and tanker, the truck and trailer won't be needed, my dad and I have decided that old blue will have one more good run to yalls yard :-bd
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
Also:

adzam

Post by adzam »

halftrac wrote:
What parts are you looking for? I can answer this for Tanker. I'm Tanker's other half.
Looking for late model burgundy seatbelts and also the plastic trim piece over the rear tailgate that was only 88+.

Bricker

Post by Bricker »

[quote="nc wagoneer"]Anybody know if cheapjeepbrad has made it over here? I know he was planning on coming last I recall :?:

Yes he is here. We had talked about riding up together. He just picked up another waggy and I know he was spending most of this wet, cold weekend in his garage working on his new to do list. :D
1977 Cherokee Chief
1977 J10 Honcho

80widelarado

Post by 80widelarado »

I'm still planning on going just to meet everyone and drool lol I'll also help people pull parts if they need it.

Topic author
nc wagoneer

Post by nc wagoneer »

Well, it looks like I WILL be making it in a fsj!!! My dad and I decided that old blue deserved one more good run so we're gonna drive her to the meet up. Need to figure out yalls route and get about 30 min ahead of you guys just incase of the inevitable :D
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
Also:

CheapJeepBrad

Post by CheapJeepBrad »

Bricker and I will make the trip together. It looks like the last weekend in april is the date/time. I'm planning on camping out both friday and saturday nights, maybe sleeping in the back of the wag or in a tent. I'll let the older guys stay on the bunkhouse ;) I'll plan on bringing enough food for everyone for one meal. Maybe Saturday Breakfast since I normally gook during that time. would be nice to have a head count. I'm thinkin of meetin in civilization so i can purchase food stuffs before making the trip to the yard.
Current FSJs:
79 Chief White/Russet
78 Chief orange/tan
FSJs Owned:
87 GW: Garnet/Oxblood
83 GW: Green/Peanut Butter
87 GW: Black/Oxblood
74 Cherokee NT: Blue/Brown
77 Chief:Tan/Garnet
87 GW: Silver/Oxblood
79 Cherokee Golden Eagle: Garnet/Tan
81 J10 blue/blue
77 Chief brown/tan
83 J10 Laredo: Red/Black
82 Cherokee: blue/black

Topic author
nc wagoneer

Post by nc wagoneer »

If I remember correctly the walmart we'll be meeting at is either a super walmart with food and stuff or there is an ingles grocery nearby :-bd
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
Also:

Tanker

Post by Tanker »

nc wagoneer wrote:If I remember correctly the walmart we'll be meeting at is either a super walmart with food and stuff or there is an ingles grocery nearby :-bd

The Walmart is a super walmart.
Jakes Full Size Jeep Junkyard
Hire the handicap there fun to watch. IR1

Tin Medic

Post by Tin Medic »

Wish I could get out there for that. Had a great time when my son and I were there last year.
89 GW 360/727/208 (soon to be LQ9/727/208) MSD 8523 Pro Billet Distributor, MSD 8207 Blaster SS Coil, 30x9.5x15 Destination M/Ts, Warn Lock Out Hubs

"I don't always downshift, but when I do its next to a Prius so the driver can hear me hurt the environment."

Jeeps don't break down, they're just extremely demanding when they need parts replaced!

Jeep Owner

Topic author
nc wagoneer

Post by nc wagoneer »

25 days!!! :fsj:
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
Also:

Mars

Post by Mars »

I sure hope I can make it. Weather has not been cooperating in getting my work done.
Jeep: making ordinary people mechanics for more than 70 years.

1981 J-10 Laredo.
http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... =15&t=1409

Topic author
nc wagoneer

Post by nc wagoneer »

22 days!!! Anybody that going and/or interested in going post up!!! :-bd
77 J20 flatbed FOR SALE
Also:

CheapJeepBrad

Post by CheapJeepBrad »

definitely going
Current FSJs:
79 Chief White/Russet
78 Chief orange/tan
FSJs Owned:
87 GW: Garnet/Oxblood
83 GW: Green/Peanut Butter
87 GW: Black/Oxblood
74 Cherokee NT: Blue/Brown