Ouray 2014 Attendees make it out alive?

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

jsinajeep

Re: Ouray 2014 Attendees make it out alive?

Post by jsinajeep »

Do tell me you changed the PS hose.

HOOT

Post by HOOT »

Grand_Wag_85 wrote:Made it back to the 'real' world today. 6,ooo miles in a 32yr old Jeep in 2 weeks with a trailer and no real break-downs is a new record for me. :D
Your Jeep did very well I thought. How many total miles this trip? How did you get to Engineer Pass? Off 550 just north of Ouray or from Silverton?
I had the spare power steering hose out and ready in case you came sliding in one night on your way back home. :lol:
1980 and 81 J20 melding into a 1980 Utility bed J20. Project cancelled and for sale, found a factory truck.
1980 J20 Utility truck. Replaced above project.
1977 Honcho getting turned into a 1977 J20 Gladoncho.
IFSJA Member #4662 Joined March 28, 2003

We're on a road to nowhere.....

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

jsinajeep wrote:Do tell me you changed the PS hose.
Yup. Swapped it out in the Safeway parking lot in Breckenridge. The patch held well but it was starting to weep by the time I changed it. Thanks again for all the help. :)
HOOT wrote:
Grand_Wag_85 wrote:Made it back to the 'real' world today. 6,ooo miles in a 32yr old Jeep in 2 weeks with a trailer and no real break-downs is a new record for me. :D
Your Jeep did very well I thought. How many total miles this trip? How did you get to Engineer Pass? Off 550 just north of Ouray or from Silverton?
I had the spare power steering hose out and ready in case you came sliding in one night on your way back home. :lol:
Thanks man. It did great, NO VAPOR LOCK. :D Biggest issue on the trip was running hot across the flyover states on the HWY. It ran cool thru the mountains and across PA and NY. Maybe I need a bigger radiator. 5th gear would probably help too but I don't think my 258 has the umph to run 75+ with a trailer at only 2500 RPM's.

According to the Jeep the total distance was ZERO miles. :P GPS says right at 6,ooo.

Got a late start on Sunday and ended up going thru Silverton then up to Animas Forks and over to Lake City then up thru Paonia/Hotchkiss and McClure Pass to Glenwood Springs. Never realized the last leg of Engineer on the Lake City side was so dern long. If I could have found some cell service I'd have met up with ya.
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!