Countdown!

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Riverrat

Re: Countdown!

Post by Riverrat »

2 weeks out isn't too late to begin preparations right? :P Camping box is resorted, restocked and mostly packed. Bryan is on the Jeep... I don't know if that's the best idea or not given the track record ;) Maybe I should be working on that instead. It needs a battery cable and the tailgate window fixed, and he is determined to get it retagged, although I don't think it's something we need to worry about. I know that technically it needs to be tagged to drive on the roads out there to and from trails but it doesn't look scary and I'm just not really that concerned about it. Anyway, prep is in full swing. I'll be away next weekend so this is pretty much it, besides packing day on Friday before we head out. Bryan is holding down the fort next weekend and will hopefully finish everything that needs to be done! 15 days until we are chilling in Ouray! :D
BethAnn aka T-Rex
2016 JK Unlimited Sport Hydro Blue Pearl
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade
Yard full of FSJs that aren't mine :lol: 8-)

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

I guess it's time to get Phoebe ready. I'll start with some fluid changes and go from there. :fsj:
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

rstep

Post by rstep »

July 1st get off the bench it's about time to roll.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

will e

Post by will e »

Still waiting to get the Jeep back...
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

will e wrote:Still waiting to get the Jeep back...
Does waiting include countless phone calls asking them why it isn't done yet?
Flint Boardman

will e

Post by will e »

No. I went by today and, well, it still isn't done. The owner was personally working on it, so that is a good sign. He thinks Tuesday now. Wrong parts and stuff. If I get it back into my possession and it isn't squirrely I will drag it up to Ouray with me. Tad, I will try to get it aligned but you might need to bring your pipes and tape measures.

The good news is the plan was already to trailer it. This was kind of a test run year to see how that works out. If it is okay then next year I can trailer it AND bring the wife and dogs with me.

Heck if nothing else I can show up with my buddies 2500 chevy diesel and a trailer. Maybe charge Jerry some coin to drag whatever he bargains for back to Globe... ;)
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

will e wrote:No. I went by today and, well, it still isn't done. The owner was personally working on it, so that is a good sign. He thinks Tuesday now. Wrong parts and stuff. If I get it back into my possession and it isn't squirrely I will drag it up to Ouray with me. Tad, I will try to get it aligned but you might need to bring your pipes and tape measures.

The good news is the plan was already to trailer it. This was kind of a test run year to see how that works out. If it is okay then next year I can trailer it AND bring the wife and dogs with me.

Heck if nothing else I can show up with my buddies 2500 chevy diesel and a trailer. Maybe charge Jerry some coin to drag whatever he bargains for back to Globe... ;)
That has been at LetszRoll for 2 weeks?
BEEP them, their reputation just went to zero in my book.
That's a two day job and you know that's true.
Bob and I can can be there Monday if needed, that's BS and you need to get your jeep out of there.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

will e

Post by will e »

Thanks Tad. There isn't much I can do at this point. If my old axles were still under it I could have grabbed it. Now it is on stands with no axles. The front is set in place. The rear axles is mostly done. What surprised me a little was they didn't put the axles together before they had me drop off the Jeep but I can also see where they would want to verify it is all going to work before putting money/effort into something. They are really busy and I think Andrew has a tendency to over commit on dates. Toss in the fact it isn't what they normally work on (lot's of Wrangler style jeeps there) so he hit a snag or two he wasn't expecting. The price and quality are still there but if I was to do it again I would have picked up the axles and had you guys help out. The only thing I can't do is burn metal. I just figured it would be easier to have them install the axles and burn the rear perches on.

I don't think I would judge them by this one situation alone. It certainly is frustrating. I think my 'no worries' 'no hurries' approach contributed. He probably gets a lot of folks who DD their Jeeps pushing him harder to get it done.

I have a buddy who is going to have them do an 8.8 to replace the D35 in his TJ. That's the kind of work they do all of the time. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

Tad
Vendor

Post by Tad »

Well, it's your jeep and your call.
But I honestly think stabbing 1-tons under a FSJ is was simpler than getting them under anything newer and/or smaller.
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

will e

Post by will e »

It is funny when I think back to June of 2009. In about a month and with some help from Derek and Jerry I was able to:
Swap engines, transmissions and change the TC from a 219 to a 208.
Install SF/SOA including swapping knuckles and doing a high steer/cross.
Install steering shaft and upgraded steering box.
Yank the engine/transmission/TC out of WILL E, along with the ARB and Aussie.
Put all of the body pieces back on from getting it painted. (bumpers, mirrors, etc)
Convert to Rhino grill and round headlights.

I drove it up to Ouray without ever having taken it off road. So this should be fine. The Ouray trails are pretty easy.

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

I am officially on vacation in 17 hours! 56 hours to departure. 68 hours or so to the Colorado state line. And probably 90 hours or so until Ouray! But I'm not really counting. :fsj:
BethAnn aka T-Rex
Factory 3.73 gears, 17x9 Tactik steel wheels, BFG KO2 All-Terrains 285/75 R17, Teraflex 1.5" Performance leveling kit, Teraflex front sway bar quick disconnects, Alien Sunshade

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

57 hours, 23 minutes and 45 seconds until I am wheels up!
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

tndonor

Post by tndonor »

104 hours, 24 minutes
1967 Jeep M715. Cummins HX35/HT3B NV4500 203/205 Doubler. HP60/14B. OBW. OBA.
Ive done my part to jump start the economy

HOOT

Post by HOOT »

I called in sick tonight.
Leaving in about 14 hours ..
CY'ALL there. :-bd
1980 and 81 J20 melding into a 1980 Utility bed J20. Project cancelled and for sale, found a factory truck.
1980 J20 Utility truck. Replaced above project.
1977 Honcho getting turned into a 1977 J20 Gladoncho.
IFSJA Member #4662 Joined March 28, 2003

We're on a road to nowhere.....

Grand_Wag_85

Post by Grand_Wag_85 »

HOOT wrote:I called in sick tonight.
Leaving in about 14 hours ..
CY'ALL there. :-bd
CHEATER!
82 J10
77 J10 Golden Eagle 401
88 GW

You know it's bad when your car is on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

tndonor

Post by tndonor »

I know Denver to Paducah Ky is 1070 miles........ given the drive I wont tell on you nor blame you hahaha. Safe travels HOOT
1967 Jeep M715. Cummins HX35/HT3B NV4500 203/205 Doubler. HP60/14B. OBW. OBA.
Ive done my part to jump start the economy

Topic author
firecaptain13

Post by firecaptain13 »

For the first time since 07, I won't be making it. I am so in need of an altitude adjustment. Everyone have fun and raise a glass. Who knows, maybe I'll sneak up for a night or two, but doubtfull
88 GW, 5 1/2" lift, Barn Doors!!

COLORADOCRAWLER

Post by COLORADOCRAWLER »

Vacation starts in just over an hour and will be heading out on Monday! :fsj:
-Rick
87' GW 5.3/4l60E/NP241C, Dakota Digital dash, high steer, 31's, still needs a bigfoot gas pedal to tie it all together.
90' YJ 3 link coils front, 4 link double triangulated coils rear, D44s, ARBs, 4.56, 35's

Riverrat

Post by Riverrat »

We may be seeing Hoot at our place shortly, hope the trip is going well. Just texted him for an update but hopefully he isn't texting and driving ;) We had a long full day of wrenching, packing, and errands and still planning for departure in 8 hours! Bedtime soon. Casey, I hope you can sneak up for a day or two. I will cross my fingers. MIKE sucks and is pulling out at the last minute and given the reason, it is total BS. But, I get it. We tried to get Bryan's dad to come the rest of the way to Ouray with us back in '09 instead of staying in Lamar Colorado with a broken down Jeep but he wouldn't budge. That was after several hours spent trying to fix it. I felt bad leaving him but I was not willing to spend my vacation there. Bringing his Jeep or not coming at all so... anyway, safe travels everyone, see you all soon!
BethAnn aka T-Rex

fulsizjeep

Where is HOOT?

Post by fulsizjeep »

Where is HOOT? He did not hook up with Bryan and Bethann. :?:
Flint Boardman