Lunch in Ouray

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
fulsizjeep

Lunch in Ouray

Post by fulsizjeep »

We have a lot of pictures so won't bore you ( ;) ) with all of them. The warm spring weather got me itching so asked Krista out for a Sunday drive in her real fine Jeep. We took the loop through Durango, up US 550 over Coal Bank Pass (10,640 ft), Molas Pass (10,899 ft), Red Mountain Pass (11,100 ft) and on to Ouray (7,792 ft), up to Ridgeway on 62 and over Dallas Divide ( 9,005 ft), back south on 145 at Placerville, through Tohelluride, over Lizard Head Pass (10,222 ft) to Dolores, left on 184 and back home. We had lunch at Ouray Brewery. They opened in 2010 and we had not been there before. Great burgers and tasty beers. :-bd Talked to some locals and stuck a Zombie Apocalypse FSJ Rescue Team sticker on a beer keg up by the ceiling. I didn't know Krista had it in the glove box all this time. We crazy FSJ invaders are represented. :-bd Snow pack was disappointing. Sure to have all kinds of fire bans this summer unless we get a hurricane to wet this place down. Visited Dave at the KOA. He was busy getting ready to open this month. Good food, good trip, good to be on the mountains. :fsj:

Phoebe's Dash Posse

Qwazy Cyclers!

Molas Pass

Ouray Mountain Rescue is where the orange Power Wagon is sitting. That road goes up to Yankee Boy and trailhead to Imogene.

We finished off the day with a growler of Pale Ale
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Tin Medic

Re: Lunch in Ouray

Post by Tin Medic »

Those are great pics Flint. Cant wait to get out there in July. :-bd
89 GW 360/727/208 (soon to be LQ9/727/208) MSD 8523 Pro Billet Distributor, MSD 8207 Blaster SS Coil, 30x9.5x15 Destination M/Ts, Warn Lock Out Hubs

"I don't always downshift, but when I do its next to a Prius so the driver can hear me hurt the environment."

Jeeps don't break down, they're just extremely demanding when they need parts replaced!

Jeep Owner

AwesomeJ10

Post by AwesomeJ10 »

Heck ya!

bigun

Post by bigun »

So how many points did you get by running bicyclists off over the rail?