Invasion 2019

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
will e

Invasion 2019

Post by will e »

The Ouray invasion tradition continues. For 2019 we are getting together week 29. KOA is holding open camp spots for the 17th, 18th and 19th of July. See this thread: http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 27&t=16377

My suggestion is reserve your spot NOW. You deal directly with the KOA. They have a good cancellation policy. Swapping spaces and such will be the responsibility of folks who are interested in doing so.

Some folks arrive earlier in the week. Many as early as Sunday. There is a breakfast planned for Monday morning: http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 27&t=15911
If you are going to attend breakfast please make sure to sign up so we make enough sauce!

http://fsjinvasion.org/ has a lot of information about the history of the invasion, the Trails we run and all kinds of good info but the events schedule is from last year (for now).

There will be the pot luck and raffle. Watch for further info. (I will update later with links)

Maybe some tee shirts (I will update later with links if it happens)

For the uninitiated, there are no planned runs, no official leaders and no required participation on the runs, you can just hang out!

Again, there are no 'scheduled' trail runs. The trail runs are often decided the day before, night before or even the morning of. There are usually a few different groups each day. It always works out. There are so many awesome trails and great folks it makes every day and every run a lot of fun.

You have to obey the KOA rules. There is a designated area for doing 'serious' work on the rigs if you have a major issue. I think Ryan is still banned.

You don't have to show up in a FSJ and you can rock whatever you want on the trails. You need to know the limits of your rig, this is your responsibility. A two speed transfer case is needed for most of the trails to avoid brake fade. There is a lot of information online about all of the trails, if you are unsure you need to do some research before heading out.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
will e

Re: Invasion 2019

Post by will e »

Site info - If you want to record what site you are in, post up and I will add to the list. If we get enough on the list I will put a map together.

Will E - Cabin (don't know which number)
Casey (firecaptin13) - 47
Austin4x4 - 60
suttonlive - 47c (sent me PM)
Rainmain - cabin

Not at KOA
J20owner
Gadzooks2
Ross80truck - Staying at a house (mentioned in countdown thread)

Simba - Unspecified
Happy trails - Unspecified
Knucklehead - Unspecified
hatchet jack - Unspecified
Dusty - unspecified
jsinajeep (jerry) - Unspecified
grandwag85 - Unspecified

These folks mentioned they were coming in the countdown thread

suttonlive - KOA Unspecified

Had to drop out:

Derf - 46A
csuengr
Last edited by will e on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:37 am, edited 13 times in total.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

rstep

Post by rstep »

Will e, sent you a PM so I can help from behind the scenes for info and stuff.
1977 Cherokee Sold
I Don't own One
Stuff I Make.
http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5620

shimniok

Post by shimniok »

Sorry for being AWOL. Thanks everyone for coordinating.

If anyone needs to get in touch, I am not on Facebook. Best contact via text.

Phone number = 21503039 × 5 × 67
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

ross80truck
Vendor

Post by ross80truck »

I will be scheduling trail runs for those of us that like a schedule and cannot stand this free love hippie no rules crap! Of coarse I most likely will be scheduling the night before and will just leave earlier than the others. Okay, so I guess what Mike said about no organization above is still true.
Priorities
1. God
2. Wife ( Sarah )
3. Children ( Lane & Dirk )
4. Work
5. Jeep

Man it is hard to keep them in the right order!

85 Wagoneer, 6bt, NV4500, Black Box, NP205, D60 front, Corp 14 rear http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1446
76 Cherokee Chief - Cheap Build - SOLD http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2605
81 Jeep Scrambler http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 301#p97301

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

ross80truck wrote:I will be scheduling trail runs for those of us that like a schedule and cannot stand this free love hippie no rules crap! Of coarse I most likely will be scheduling the night before and will just leave earlier than the others. Okay, so I guess what Mike said about no organization above is still true.
That's funny.
Get a hair cut. ;)

ross80truck
Vendor

Post by ross80truck »

will e wrote:
ross80truck wrote:I will be scheduling trail runs for those of us that like a schedule and cannot stand this free love hippie no rules crap! Of coarse I most likely will be scheduling the night before and will just leave earlier than the others. Okay, so I guess what Mike said about no organization above is still true.
That's funny.
Get a hair cut. ;)
I did. I am back to my clean cut self. I was tired of all the free love hippie no rules crap. :D
Priorities
1. God
2. Wife ( Sarah )
4. Work
5. Jeep

85 Wagoneer, 6bt, NV4500, Black Box, NP205, D60 front, Corp 14 rear http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1446
76 Cherokee Chief - Cheap Build - SOLD http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2605

derf

Post by derf »

shimniok wrote:Sorry for being AWOL. Thanks everyone for coordinating.

If anyone needs to get in touch, I am not on Facebook. Best contact via text.

Phone number = 21503039 × 5 × 67
That's an interesting way to hide a phone number in a math equation. For a bit I thought you were just dropping an "x" between some of the numbers. I've been a bit slower on the uptake lately. :ugeek:

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Is it gonna be July soon? Tired of this BEEP called winter.

Simba

Post by Simba »

Knucklehead wrote:Is it gonna be July soon? Tired of this BEEP called winter.
I SECOND THAT!
1976 Wagoneer. Lincoln, NE

Hatchet Jack

Post by Hatchet Jack »

:banghead: you made you line leader lmao :shock:

ross80truck
Vendor

Post by ross80truck »

Hatchet Jack wrote:
:banghead: you made you line leader lmao :shock:
Now that is funny right there! Kind of an inside joke, but that is funny none the less!
Priorities
1. God
2. Wife ( Sarah )
4. Work
5. Jeep

heimeken

Post by heimeken »

Hi All,

Anybody keeping a KOA attendance map this year? I tried to get a campsite and I was told all the 47x sites are taken... so I plan to wait for a cancellation down the road.
'85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar" :fsj:
'79 Cherokee Chop Top "Nom"
'78 J15 (3/4 ton J10) "Imoteb"

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

No, the website from last year still has last years info. No one is posting up their camp site locations on the board. If people want to start posting up in this thread, I will update a map and post it up. \

Glad you are going to make it!

derf

Post by derf »

I'm in 46A.

I will have just my one tent. I'll have to go back and check my exact reservation but I think I'm Sunday night through Saturday morning. I think the limit is two tents per site. If you want to chat about splitting the site for some or all of those days, I'm open.

Austin4x4

Post by Austin4x4 »

I’m going to be back again! I will be in site 60 Monday to Friday. Too early to know what I will bring this year, but I got a BIG spot.

Topic author
will e

Post by will e »

Austin4x4 wrote:I’m going to be back again! I will be in site 60 Monday to Friday. Too early to know what I will bring this year, but I got a BIG spot.
That is a nice spot. Us 'cabin' folks might wander over and hang out with you by the fire. :-bd

Hatchet Jack

Post by Hatchet Jack »

I'm wondering why there's not much activity going on here...assuming everyone is thrashing to get ready or sitting back feet up and just waiting for time to pass?

Knucklehead

Post by Knucklehead »

Weather has been to crappy here to do much of anything. Prep work is going to start ramping up very quickly now. Need to get stuff ordered.

Astro

Post by Astro »

This sounds like a blast. I probably won’t be able to make it though unfortunately. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk