Who's responsible for organizing the KOA this year - because you are about to lose the tent sites

For all discussions related to the annual FSJ invasion of Ouray

Moderators: shimniok, srobertsfsj

Topic author
jeepstress

Who's responsible for organizing the KOA this year - because you are about to lose the tent sites

Post by jeepstress »

Whomever is responsible for organizing the KOA lodging needs to get their BEEP together or ask for help. We just got an email from Dave at KOA. Nobody has contacted him for reserving sites. Dave is holding them for now because he's a good dude that has worked with us for a very long time and knows the events needs. But somebody needs to step up and take care of this. Flint and I can't deal with this because we bought a Suburban and a blue trailer and drove off a bridge in a fiery inferno. Everybody died. No full size vehicles beyond this point. :evil:
The High Priestess of Eternal Combustion
Phoebe - 77 401 Wag ~ Luna - 76 SOA 401 Wag ~ Artemis - 77 401 J20

"The worst thing about rolling my jeep was licking the paper."

Tad
Vendor

Re: Who's responsible for organizing the KOA this year - because you are about to lose the tent sites

Post by Tad »

Oppsy!
A collection of 1966 to 1986 parts.
Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Caddy425/TH400/Atlas 4spd/14B/D60/locked front and rear/Hydroassist/39.5 Irocks
(Join date = Friday the 13th)

My Stuff:
http://www.ttsfabworks.com/
Tech Stuff:
IFSJA WMS Project

will e

Re: Who's responsible for organizing the KOA this year - because you are about to lose the tent sites

Post by will e »

Hey, I sent a PM to some of the usual suspects about a week ago. Casey is going to handle the basics on the potluck and raffle since they are in his spot. We'll need to get some of the raffle stuff (tickets, lockbox, etc) from Bob. I am going to help gather the donations. We might need support from you and some of the old school folks to help make sure everyone who usually donates knows we are legit.

I asked if anyone knew if Dave held some spots, I didn't get an answer but now I know! I left you off the PM only because it limits the number of people who can be copied.

If I don't hear anything in the next few days then I will post up a sign up thread and contact Dave about holding spots. I am not sure how late he normally releases the spots but I think this year sooner rather than later will be the goal. Last year we didn't really have the 'big' campfire gathering. It tended to be smaller groups and people moving around from group to group. So upsetting folks in other spots was less of a concern. And I won't play ringmaster on spot swaps. We are all adults and can work with Dave/KOA if someone is going to cancel and someone wants the spot.

I hope you two will be able to join for some of the festivities. You know you love it. :)

I really appreciate the tradition you carried on and you guys put so much into it for so many years. If it wasn't for you Ouray FSJ invasion wouldn't be a 'thing'. And it is something many of us look forward to each year.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

firecaptain13

Post by firecaptain13 »

Handled
88 GW, 5 1/2" lift, Barn Doors!!